Good prices: Oasis & Allure

APDMOM

...at least, I think they are great!

May sailings are currently marked down quite a bit for guaranteed oceanview balcony... Pricing just over $2,500 for 3 in a superior oceanview balcony (guarantee) on May 15th on Allure. May 29th is even cheaper.

May 15th is also one of the sailings offering 20% off certain drinks packages...

Just thought I would mention it here, since I did not think I would see these kind of prices on Oasis class. :)

Yes they have. For the May 28 Oasis as well. Especially for 3 pax. Too bad they couldn't have offered this 2 or 3 days ago at final payment. Now I've paid more, and I even booked it the very first day the sailing came out one year ago. I know. It's business. They're in it to make money rather than discount it at final payment so I can take advantage when they obviously knew they needed to fill the ship. Final for this sailing was Monday and they discounted the last drop which was a big one Tuesday/last night.

I'm very diligent. I check prices daily. I've gone from a B1 to a D4 on one cabin for the same amount. The other cabin I've gone from a CV to C2 to a D10 for the same amount. And I still came up short on my last upgrades with the price drop last night.

Oh well. Maybe someone can get lucky and take advantage.

I saw that too!! I don't know why I keep checking as I'm past final payment and we booked gty...force of habit I guess?? Prices have only gone up for the sailing I'm on (5/8) but the next few are some great prices! If only I could somehow talk the hubby into a B2B...or somehow be able to afford it :p

I saw that too!! I don't know why I keep checking as I'm past final payment and we booked gty...force of habit I guess?? Prices have only gone up for the sailing I'm on (5/8) but the next few are some great prices! If only I could somehow talk the hubby into a B2B...or somehow be able to afford it :p

I keep checking too, keeping a spreadsheet. It is mainly "for future reference". With Royal, I have found there is no pattern. Typically, prices only went up on most of our Royal sailings. We usually book early, but booked this Allure relatively "last minute" for us. We booked just before final payment and the price is now $300 down. However, we got $200 OBC, so no worries here. It was still a great deal!

I hear you on B2B... we have about 3.5 years left on our mortgage. When we pay it off, we will have our big B2B celebration. :)

I noticed that about the prices for those ships. I don't remember seeing prices that low for May. We are on the Oasis 5/7 sailing. We got a great price or pricing error for this sailing last year. The price only lasted for a few hours and then it was back up. This is for an OV balcony

...at least, I think they are great!

May sailings are currently marked down quite a bit for guaranteed oceanview balcony... Pricing just over $2,500 for 3 in a superior oceanview balcony (guarantee) on May 15th on Allure. May 29th is even cheaper.

May 15th is also one of the sailings offering 20% off certain drinks packages...

Just thought I would mention it here, since I did not think I would see these kind of prices on Oasis class. :)

Thanks - Deals on RC have been rare - and typically don't provide a C&A benefit. I grabbed the Labor day deal.

Aha, I figured, but wanted to be sure. I am booked on June 11. I assume that I should check there to see if any discounts show up, or will I be notified by email of special discounts that are offered?

I've not seen any reports of emails announcing discounts. I'd check your Cruise Planner for any discounts. There seems to be no pattern to which sailings are offering the discounts.

Aha, I figured, but wanted to be sure. I am booked on June 11. I assume that I should check there to see if any discounts show up, or will I be notified by email of special discounts that are offered?

We were not notified by e-mail (and we get lots of e-mail from Royal). We found out here on CC when somebody posted it on our roll call.

I'm eye balling (holding) the allure 22nd eastern sailing. For 3 people it's cheaper than I paid for 2 a few years ago.

I am going to pull the trigger on Sunday, just waiting to see if it will drop even further!

I keep checking too, keeping a spreadsheet. It is mainly "for future reference". With Royal, I have found there is no pattern. Typically, prices only went up on most of our Royal sailings. We usually book early, but booked this Allure relatively "last minute" for us. We booked just before final payment and the price is now $300 down. However, we got $200 OBC, so no worries here. It was still a great deal!

I hear you on B2B... we have about 3.5 years left on our mortgage. When we pay it off, we will have our big B2B celebration. :)

Oooohhhhh....that will be a GREAT celebration! Our current mortgage is only 3 years old....I don't see us having the same celebration anytime soon :p Good goal tho!!!

From a quick glance it looks like the last sailing in May on the Allure (5/28 or 29 maybe??) went down even more! It was saying balconies starting at ~$775. Now I know that starts w/ neighborhood balcony staterooms but that's the cheapest starting price I've seen in quite awhile! Especially considering it's Memorial day weekend.

I'm pretty happy w/ the price we booked as well, especially with $200 OBC and the discounted drink plan. We're at $3k total for a D5 balcony with the package and "should" have a zero balance on our onboard account this time around. That is a definite first for us!! They didn't have drink packages the last time we sailed on RC :)

Edited by KG1924

I'm eye balling (holding) the allure 22nd eastern sailing. For 3 people it's cheaper than I paid for 2 a few years ago.

I am going to pull the trigger on Sunday, just waiting to see if it will drop even further!

I'm doing the same thing for the May 21 Oasis sailing. I already booked my airfare. I'm thinking at 45 days it will be another big drop. I know I'm playing Russian Roulette. LOL!!

It appears these prices are for NEW bookings only. At least through March 20. I am booked in a balcony on May 29 Allure and saw that a JS was only about $450 more. I had my TA call, and after she spent an hour on the phone with RC, they stated that I would lose all my OBC ($300) and have to pay cancellation penalty to cancel and rebook, and pay a higher tier pricing of $850 plus the cancellation fee and lost OBC. I just stayed where I am. Perhaps the next "sale" will allow for re-booking. I was so excited - but now just sad and disappointed.

I am so glad you posted this, we booked Wednesday and got a neighborhood X for 1,550 for us two on Oasis May 28th. And $100 OBC with a certain TA. I had October booked but this worked out better.

Glad to hear! We booked the oceanview balcony guarantee for our Allure cruise. They assigned our cabin within a week. We did not really like the location, but were able to switch to a great cabin within the same category, which ended up being D4. Glad that Royal allows us to do this :)

It appears these prices are for NEW bookings only. At least through March 20. I am booked in a balcony on May 29 Allure and saw that a JS was only about $450 more. I had my TA call, and after she spent an hour on the phone with RC, they stated that I would lose all my OBC ($300) and have to pay cancellation penalty to cancel and rebook, and pay a higher tier pricing of $850 plus the cancellation fee and lost OBC. I just stayed where I am. Perhaps the next "sale" will allow for re-booking. I was so excited - but now just sad and disappointed.

I checked our D5 price last Thursday for our Oasis April 30th sailing and saw a huge price drop. Our TA called RC and changed our reservation to a JS for $515 more (C&A and senior discount). We kept our same reservation ID and there was no cancellation fee and rebooking. We lost our OBC. Our friends were able to do the same and did a JS guarantee. We were already past the final payment date so no refunds.

I checked our D5 price last Thursday for our Oasis April 30th sailing and saw a huge price drop. Our TA called RC and changed our reservation to a JS for $515 more (C&A and senior discount). We kept our same reservation ID and there was no cancellation fee and rebooking. We lost our OBC. Our friends were able to do the same and did a JS guarantee. We were already past the final payment date so no refunds.

Maybe I will try again this week or next. Seems there are still a good number of JS available. I understand losing the OBC from a specific promotion, but not really the cancellation penalty and having to rebook at a price higher than that shown on RC's website.

What happens if this sailing appears in the going, going, gone sale in a week or two?

I would keep checking. They had a new promo after we booked but we would have lost the OBC, it would have been a wash, but there was no mention of rebooking and paying a penalty. Our final was due around Feb. 15th and I checked the prices once in awhile and just happened to see it last week. Even if they had upgraded us to a larger balcony it was still way less than what we had paid. That is why we paid the extra for a JS. We wanted one from the start but weren't willing to pay over a thousand more. Our friends got the 30% off promo when they switched. We got the C&A and senior discount. Your final should be around this time?