Pacific Coastal Cruise from San Diego to Vancouver

Jimbo

Cabin selection?

Just how close to the coast are you sailing? Is it best to book on the starboard side.

I know most times it will be dark sailing after port days?

Just want a opinion.

Thanks

Jimbo

From my experience on Celebrity, not close enough to see anything for the majority of the time. The only time I could see anything was between SD and LA. Saw some lights far off in the distance on the starboard and San Clemente island on the port side. Neither view lasted more than an hour or so though.

I've done many coastals and IME, the ships are always way far off the coast and there is often haze, fog or a low overcast cloud bank. IME, it doesn't matter which side you go with but for me, I felt most comfortable on the starboard side since we were heading north. I don't know why that is, but there you have it. :cool:

Are you possibly talking about the May 2017 one on Infinity? If so (we're on that one!), most port departures are at 5:00, so port side would give you a good sunset view if you happen to be in your cabin at that time. Starboard will give you sunrise. If it's some other cruise, check your port departure times.

You won't be close enough to shore to see much on sea days, but you will get to see some scenery as you approach a port - probably on both sides. You won't know which side will be facing the dock in ports until it happens - it can be either side. So....just pick the best available cabin (one NOT under or over a bar, music venue, or kitchen!) and enjoy!

Thanks for your quick opinions, that's just about what we thought. To far from land to really see anything except when going into and out of the ports.

I think we will take the 11 sunsets on the port side over what little we may or may not see on the starboard side.

Presently we are on the aft facing the wake, but we can save $1000 by taking a side balcony cabin.

We have an aft for the second leg once we get to Vancouver. This will give us something to look forward to when we move to a C1.

Thanks

Jimbo:)

Edited by Jimbo

FWIW - If you have an aft cabin you are out of the wind with a larger veranda in many cabins. The balcony on the port side is good unless you get some weather as it comes from your side of the ship. I love the wake view in the aft cabins - you get E/S/W - but $1000 is tempting.

We've had an midship inside, a port side balcony and an aft family veranda on the Infinity ... all were fabulous cabins but the aft was my absolute favorite.

I would save the $1000 and book a port side balcony for shots of the sunset -- which are pretty spectacular in the west. Then, get ready for that aft cabin. It will wow you!!

Well things really got good! :):):)

Infinity May 17, 2017 Pacific Coastal Cruise (11 nights)

First booked a C1 for 2 for $6741.08 with $400 OBC.

Now we are in a 2B for $4221.08 with $300OBC

Turns out the Travel Agency had some group space for this sailing in the 2B Category :)

So we moved from a wake facing aft cabin to a Sunset Port Side Balcony cabin. We can live with that for a 11 day cruises and a savings of $2420.

Infinity May 28, 2017 Alaska 7 Nights

2nd leg, then we will have the wake facing aft cabin on deck 7 with the large balcony for sightseeing in Alaska.

Category C1 for 2 for $5073.70 that comes with the following

Unlimited Beverage Package

Unlimited Internet Package

Prepaid Gratuity

$450 OBC

So we are really happy !!!

Edited by Jimbo

Well things really got good! :):):)

Infinity May 17, 2017

Turns out the Travel Agency had some group space for this sailing in the 2B Category :)

So we moved from a wake facing aft cabin to a Sunset Port Side Balcony cabin. We can live with that for a 11 day cruises and a savings of $2420.

Infinity May 28, 2017 Alaska

2nd leg, then we will have the wake facing aft cabin on deck 7 with the large balcony for sightseeing in Alaska.

Prepaid Gratuity

$450 OBC

Sounds like a pretty good deal. That's just about what we're paying for the May 17 part, also for a 2B. We're sticking with the same cabin for the Alaska leg, so it's quite a bit cheaper, but you'll love the aft balcony. We've had them several times and love them, but decided to economize this time since we've been to Alaska several times. I keep watching for a price drop, but it's probably too early and may never happen, especially for the San Diego>Vancouver part.

Which one of these packages would be considered the Unlimited Beverage Package. We have never sailed on this cruise line so it's a bit confusing. Just like to know upfront what we are getting?

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/onboard-beverage-packages?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages_overview#onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab/onboard/asrPanel%3Fpagename=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic&ComponentTypeId=30&categoryId=&currencyCode=USD

Which one of these packages would be considered the Unlimited Beverage Package. We have never sailed on this cruise line so it's a bit confusing. Just like to know upfront what we are getting?

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/onboard-beverage-packages?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages_overview#onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab/onboard/asrPanel%3Fpagename=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic&ComponentTypeId=30&categoryId=&currencyCode=USD

The package that you normally get is the classic package, You can upgrade to the premium package for about $11 per person per day. Premium has premium brands of liquor. It includes sparkling water, coffee drinks, and martinis.

The package that you normally get is the classic package, You can upgrade to the premium package for about $11 per person per day. Premium has premium brands of liquor. It includes sparkling water, coffee drinks, and martinis.

So it's this package?

Classic Package

Throughout your cruise, choose from beers up to $6 per serving, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs and frozen drinksup to $8 per serving, and wine-by-the-glass up to $9 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Classic Package, you can enjoy a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

*Starting from: 55.00 USD Per NIGHT

So if you had to buy this package outright it would be $55 a person per night?

Edited by Jimbo

So it's this package?

Classic Package

Throughout your cruise, choose from beers up to $6 per serving, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs and frozen drinksup to $8 per serving, and wine-by-the-glass up to $9 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Classic Package, you can enjoy a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

*Starting from: 55.00 USD Per NIGHT

So if you had to buy this package outright it would be $55 a person per night?

Yes, that's what it would cost if it wasn't a perk.;) BTY, I've never had to upgrade to the premium. Plenty of choices with the classic.

Edited by Max Bet

Well things really got good!

Infinity May 17, 2017 Pacific Coastal Cruise (11 nights)

Infinity May 28, 2017 Alaska 7 Nights

Prepaid Gratuity

$450 OBC

Found out today the Beverage Package we are getting is the Premium Package that is included when going with the Go Best Promo for a Category C1 on this Alaska sailing not just the Classic Beverage Package.

Granted it's costing us an extra $631 by going with the Best Promo...........But we are getting $450 OBC right back we can spend on excursions.......Plus the $200 tips are pre paid........so then the Drink Package and unlimited internet all week are pretty much Free.:)

Sounds like a good deal to me.

Edited by Jimbo

Sounds like a no-brainer! Party on! We like the premium package because I like to drink sparkling water..it's included in the premium package...martinis included...better wines and champagnes...

Just FYI, Celebrity gives a further discount for booking B2B. I received additional discounts of $100 for the Coastal and $50 for the Alaska cruise. I was not aware of this before. Your travel agent should also be able to get you the extra $150 discount for these cruises.

Thought I would pass this on as not alot of people know this.

Just FYI, Celebrity gives a further discount for booking B2B. I received additional discounts of $100 for the Coastal and $50 for the Alaska cruise. I was not aware of this before. Your travel agent should also be able to get you the extra $150 discount for these cruises.

Thought I would pass this on as not alot of people know this.

Yes, Our travel agent got us that too.

Sounds like a pretty good deal. That's just about what we're paying for the May 17 part, also for a 2B. We're sticking with the same cabin for the Alaska leg, so it's quite a bit cheaper, but you'll love the aft balcony. We've had them several times and love them, but decided to economize this time since we've been to Alaska several times. I keep watching for a price drop, but it's probably too early and may never happen, especially for the San Diego>Vancouver part.

Hi,. Been reading your comments on the 2017 Pacific Coast. We are on this cruise. We currently have a starboard room and based on the sunset comments in this thread, I am considering changing rooms!

Is there a roll call started for this cruise?

Marilyn