On board credit and corkage fee

Boatingmom

Does anybody know if you can use on board credit to pay corkage fee? I guess what I'm asking is if I pay before boarding is it charged to my on board account or do I have to pay in advance at the pier. Help me decide whether I'm lugging on wine or not🍷

Our data is old so YMMV but when we brought wine on board a couple years ago it was charged to our room. No way to pre-pay the corkage fee that I know of; unless you refere to pre-purchasing OBC.

When we got to the dock, we had it in our carry on. They X-ray'd the bags and had us go over to a desk where they took down our names/room/etc and put the stickers on each bottle.

Then on our on board account it was registered as a transaction at one of the bars. We had pre-purchased OBC and so this covered the charge that was incurred. I see no reason why you can not use OBC given by NCL for this either.

Just as cssc123 stated, this was my experience as well. They write a manual slip a this desk after you go thru the scanners and give you a copy, send the other copy to the ship to be added to your on board account, and they sticker the bottles. Really painless.

Do you know how many bottles you are allowed to bring on board with you?

I would imagine that if the corkage fee is charged to your account - you could use either non-refundable or refundable OBC to cover the cost?

Bottles no longer stickered.

They check cabin account for corkage fee paid when bringing to Main Dining room.

That's interesting. Wondering how that will work when you bring a whole case of the same wine onboard...

Bottles no longer stickered.

They check cabin account for corkage fee paid when bringing to Main Dining room.

How does that work?

If, for instance, I bring 6 bottles of the same wine (Ruffino Pinot Grigio) that we order on the ship, when we embark in Tampa and they don't bother to charge me the corkage fee, aren't they going to be out around $90?

I just can't imagine FDR allowing that happen but if that's how it is.... hmmmm maybe we should try it :eek: :D

How does that work?

If, for instance, I bring 6 bottles of the same wine (Ruffino Pinot Grigio) that we order on the ship, when we embark in Tampa and they don't bother to charge me the corkage fee, aren't they going to be out around $90?

I just can't imagine FDR allowing that happen but if that's how it is.... hmmmm maybe we should try it :eek: :D

You don't get ON the ship without paying the fee. At the pier You go to the wine line, they give you a receipt. Our last cruise we had 3 of the same champagne- didn't get stickers

On day 2 of the cruise our account showed a charge of 45 dollars from Tropicana Room ( this was on Getaway)

I am sure that some clever folks out there sneak wine in their luggage- I don't know how they do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You don't get ON the ship without paying the fee.

Many times you do, for various reasons.

I've done that too and we did want to pay for the corkage so no plan to skip it but how the terminal was set up (Venice), we just didn't see the table and the security scanner people were absolutely last before entering the walkway to the ship - no corkage table after like usual and the port staff didn't care about the wines at all.

We are bringing 8 bottles on our cruise (no UBP). If you buy at Publix, you get 10% off when you buy 8 bottles.

It works out to 1 bottle for each dinner, plus an extra for the GLOW party night :P

We are using pre-purchased OBC for our corkage fees.

The Publix we used near Brickell had amazing prices on Cliquot champagne also. Well worth the corkage fee.