Pride of America

Merriem

Finally.......those of us who cruise Suites, Cagneys menus became tedious.

Can you give us an idea what , if anything, is better than "old" menus.

Thanks!!!!

I will take a picture at lunch. Breakfast is about the same, lunch has more variety.

You are so sweet! We booked this suite at an incredible rate and it was less expensive to get this room for the 4 of us over 2 balcony rooms. This is a once in a lifetime cruise for us. I can't read the suite name, does it have a name?

I am so glad reading your reviews, I check often to see what you have posted. I have La Cucina booked for one night on the POA, I wasn't too impressed with La Cucina on the last cruise, so if we have to skip this one I am glad to know you thought the same way.

That is the high rent district so I will post it twice [ATTACH]380029[/ATTACH]

Good to know, I booked La Cucina for one night and it is on the night we are in Hilo we will be at Volcano National Park that day, if we don't make the dining time it is GOOD to know I didn't miss much :D

I really appreciate your effort for the picture for me. YOU ROCK. I have uploaded it and am sending it to my Sisters now. Thank you SO much.

I think it says bougainvilleas. And we cancelled our other nights at La Cucina

Thanks for sharing by posting while still at sea - how's the internet connection working, assuming you have some kind of unlimited plan ?

As for stateroom interior upgrades - any changes to the HDTV, replaced by newer interactive ones "Sole" is the brand typically used with HDMI connection - or, no changes/not sure ? Although, Hawaii 7 nighters are port-intensive and we barely spend time in our cabins when we sailed her quite a few year back.

As for La Cucina, we're never impressed and if they don't even do pizza (or, get it done right - according to some foodies :D ) and can ruined the basic pasta dishes, what else can they serve to the pax & impose a specialty dining charge ??

What is the announced ETA, if any, for the first port in Hawaii - last I checked on marine tracking sites, showing this Sunday, 21st of March around 6 PM in the evening ?? TIA.

Edited by mking8288

Thanks for sharing by posting while still at sea - how's the internet connection working, assuming you have some kind of unlimited plan ?

As for stateroom interior upgrades - any changes to the HDTV, replaced by newer interactive ones "Sole" is the brand typically used with HDMI connection - or, no changes/not sure ? Although, Hawaii 7 nighters are port-intensive and we barely spend time in our cabins when we sailed her quite a few year back.

As for La Cucina, we're never impressed and if they don't even do pizza (or, get it done right - according to some foodies :D ) and can ruined the basic pasta dishes, what else can they serve to the pax & impose a specialty dining charge ??

What is the announced ETA, if any, for the first port in Hawaii - last I checked on marine tracking sites, showing this Sunday, 21st of March around 6 PM in the evening ?? TIA.

I do have the unlimited plan, and today is the first day I would say it is not great. It has been acceptable up until now.

The TV is new, nice flat screen attached to the wall. Good reception, and a varied programming.

I feel kind of bad for bashing La Cucina, as we enjoyed it so much on the Sun last month. They are working on it, and do have the new menus which no doubt require some time. We may try it again before the end of the cruise.

As far as arrival we heard tomorrow at sea, arriving the following morning.

If you get a chance can you knock on 12504 and ask if you can take a pic pls!! Thx it's the only lg balcony room on 12

I am sorry, but I would feel very uncomfortable doing that. All of the rooms are very nice.

Finally.......those of us who cruise Suites, Cagneys menus became tedious.

Can you give us an idea what , if anything, is better than "old" menus.

Thanks!!!!

I promise to take picture of that menu tomorrow. We ended up at the Cadillac diner today.

I'm also on the POA now. We have unlimited internet...only way to go. We are in a suite on deck 13 and have an amazing butler and concierge. We're trying a different venue every night for dinner. Best has been the Jefferson Bistro. We have breakfast and lunch at Cagneys. We tried Cadillac Grill today...an hour wait for a tuna sandwich. Service is slow everywhere so just bring your patience and all we will be good.

"Wow What A Night Tribute" was excellent.

NO. Other suites got new carpeting but same old bath with bath/shower combo. Suites on deck 13 have separate showers and tubs.nothing has changed on deck 13.

Which suite on Deck 13?

The "floor diagrams" (of those still showing on NCL deck plans) don't seem to have much that is accurate for Deck 13.

We are curious about the actual floor plans of the SE PH suites, and perhaps the deluxe PH and OS specifically on Deck 13.

We had to cancel our first try at Hawaii due to a last minute medical emergency and we just haven't been able to reschedule it yet. We are hoping for next winter now.

(We don't want to do this particular trip when there is good weather at home!)

Thanks!

NO. Other suites got new carpeting but same old bath with bath/shower combo. Suites on deck 13 have separate showers and tubs.nothing has changed on deck 13.

The tub shower combination on deck 12 suites is terrible. Very high sides, and frankly dangerous. As posted nothing has been to them..small, ugly blue tile, and just one sink.

I am starting to notice some really sloppy things going on. Yesterday at breakfast the napkins were a wrinkled mess. They had not been ironed . Hoping it was just an error, but same thing today. I am seeing a lot of the waiters standing around, doing nothing. There are some that are excellent, but it seems they are doing all the work. The final straw was pieces of paper..yes paper in my husbands ice cream about an hour ago. Our waiter did seem concerned, as he should be, but the others didn't seem to care. Sorry to say I am becoming unimpressed with these types of things. This is in Cagneys.

Our butler is excellent and the cabin steward also, but all I can say is I am really glad this was a cheap cruise.

In comparison to our trip on the Sun last month, and that ship is very dated...it was much better as far as service.

I shortened the quote, I am hoping the difficulties with service are due to the refurbishment of the ship, and are an event and not a pattern.

My ???? for the day to Merriem, Dexddd or someone on board is .....With the unlimited Wi-Fi or is it Ethernet on the POA, are you limited to one device or is the service good for several devices such as your phone, tablet and computer?

You are a wealth of information and it is appreciated.

The tub shower combination on deck 12 suites is terrible. Very high sides, and frankly dangerous. As posted nothing has been to them..small, ugly blue tile, and just one sink.
Edited by gwsster

There is no presser for the ship. Our friends ask their butler to have a few items to be pressed. He returned the items with an ironing board and iron. Lots of construction going on but not noisy...just lots of areas roped off. The walking area on deck 6 is being used as a store room at one end. There are lots of crew members looking for things to do. Kitchen staff is slow and bet the contractors are impeding other staff members. Have no idea when the spa will reopen...I miss that the most. Glad this was a cheap cruise.