empress first 6 sailings canelled

baron9

So its ok to cancel the cruise because some people can afford to make changes? Talk about envy, I bet michigan45 is green with jealousy. So if No one cares why did you post about it?

I would be upset too and I am not wealthy, so is my anger ok then? So sick of class warfare mentality. Name one person who doesnt want to be wealthy....

RCCL dropped the ball and making ANYONE change plans on the fly is bad and they should offer more OBC or a discount to reboom, that is just good customer service.

Thank you!

We were booked for the 16th in an inside cabin. I accidentally called the "group booking" line on RC so she transfered me to the help desk which I only had to wait a minute

The woman was pleasant. We asked if we could get on the Brilliance on the 18th out of Tampa (4 day cruise). She gave us an Oceanview,kept our previous obc in addition to the $100 offered as compensation. We had booked flights on Delta.I called them forgetting I had booked thru Expedia. They were wonderful. I explained what had happened. The agent went back and forth with supervisor and I think Expedia. I had had nonrefundable tickets with upgrade to Delta Comfort, But they changed my flights to Tampa with no penalty (we did pay the $34 difference in fare). The Delta Comfort was a no refund since it was a change to a different city. We will get the refund from RC along with the difference in fare. When I booked our cruise I did not know the history of the ship. Had not cruises RC in 15 years. Was I happy about all of this? No,but it worked out for us. I feel bad for those whose vacation was really messed up!! My husband is an attorney and has to put in for vacations months in advance. Then we decide later what do during those scheduled days.

We were booked for the 16th in an inside cabin. I accidentally called the "group booking" line on RC so she transfered me to the help desk which I only had to wait a minute

The woman was pleasant. We asked if we could get on the Brilliance on the 18th out of Tampa (4 day cruise). She gave us an Oceanview,kept our previous obc in addition to the $100 offered as compensation. We had booked flights on Delta.I called them forgetting I had booked thru Expedia. They were wonderful. I explained what had happened. The agent went back and forth with supervisor and I think Expedia. I had had nonrefundable tickets with upgrade to Delta Comfort, But they changed my flights to Tampa with no penalty (we did pay the $34 difference in fare). The Delta Comfort was a no refund since it was a change to a different city. We will get the refund from RC along with the difference in fare. When I booked our cruise I did not know the history of the ship. Had not cruises RC in 15 years. Was I happy about all of this? No,but it worked out for us. I feel bad for those whose vacation was really messed up!! My husband is an attorney and has to put in for vacations months in advance. Then we decide later what do during those scheduled days.

What I'm curious about is how you were able to change your booking to a different port of call. When we initially called we were told you can sail out of Miami on the Majesty or take a refund. We did try to book with Celebrity, but ultimately the price difference they were expecting us to pay just wasn't worth it for us.

We ended up as of today booking on the Western Caribbean sailing on the Norwegian Star sailing on the 27th. So I'm looking forward to going back to Roatan, and Costa Maya. I honestly don't have the same sort of finances that I had prepared for the Empress so I'll have to be a little more frugal. I am excited that I picked this cruise up for near identical prices though.

I have to say I take umbrage in people saying this is a "First World Problem". I spent a lot of money for two 25 year olds on this vacation. We are not rolling in money and was not easy to make happen. So good for the folks who weren't effected who think this whole situation should be glossed over.

Edited by Jakemeister

My husband and I are ROYALLY disappointed that our cruise was cancelled with not even having as much as a 2 week notice. We can only afford to go on vacation every 2 years ....

So for anyone who says to “get over it” or “stop whining,” I say get a clue…and a life! You have no idea what is going on in anyone’s life to give you the right to say anything like that. Would you say something like that to a child whose wish (from the “Make A Wish” foundation) was to go on this cruise? Or how about to a couple whose last chance was this cruise to save their marriage? There are so many reasons why people are disappointed and ALL of the reasons are valid no matter what they are! You have no idea what is going on in anyone’s life to give you the right to say anything; so shut it!

I hope I didn’t offend anyone…I just needed to vent.

I think you have every right to vent. I think Royal Caribbean has handled this extremely poorly and has let many people down. They should really be bending over backwards to make things right and they are not. I am disappointed in them.

You are indeed very very very fortunate, since so many people were not allowed to switch to another ship as you did.

You are indeed very very very fortunate, since so many people were not allowed to switch to another ship as you did.

Maybe the poster paid more. I just attempted to switch to Brilliance for 4 nights on April 14 a few minutes ago. Plenty of cabins available. Redeployment desk said no price protection on Brilliance. I would need to pay full price on Brilliance even though going from original 5 night booking on Empress to 4 nights on Brilliance. Not playing that game....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wondering if I had used a travel agent, would my results be different. I am sure the TA's are giving their Strategic Account Managers an earful in how their clients are being treated in regards to the cancellations. I would hope so anyway.

Me too, I asked about the navigator and it was almost 900$ more, I was also willing to go to any florida port, but was told not availible, I don't mind paying but 900$ for an extra day was a little much. I suppose they were bombarded with phone calls. We are now booked for the 9th of May, hoping no other bumps in the road!

Wondering if I had used a travel agent, would my results be different. I am sure the TA's are giving their Strategic Account Managers an earful in how their clients are being treated in regards to the cancellations. I would hope so anyway.

I did not use a travel agent.

I took my two cancelled Empress sailings (4 and 5 nights) in a Junior Suite, and switched to the 7 night OASIS on April 9th. Also in a JS. Was actually about 80$ cheaper. NOT happy about losing two nights and 4 points but not much I can do about that.

Not quite sure why they would not let you switch to another port or ship as I did? Seems not right... You will have to pay whatever the "prevailing rate" is as they are now famous for telling all of the empress cancelled people. Mine was a tad cheaper which is mostly because of how much we paid I would imagine. Many are finding other options to be quite a bit more $$$

In that case I would just cancel and cut your losses. Sucks, I agree.

Shame on Royal for how they have handled this in general.

Edited by Powersboyee2

I already miss her because I will probably never sail on her again.

Just stay in FLL. You can travel to Miami in the morning. Many signs are even in English still in Miami Dade county [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji568]

Maybe the poster paid more. I just attempted to switch to Brilliance for 4 nights on April 14 a few minutes ago. Plenty of cabins available. Redeployment desk said no price protection on Brilliance. I would need to pay full price on Brilliance even though going from original 5 night booking on Empress to 4 nights on Brilliance. Not playing that game....

Maybe should of counter offered. No $100 onboard credit and protect the fare I paid for 5 nights on Empress for a 4 nighter on Brilliance. Has to be a middle ground somewhere?

[color="DarkOrchid"

I hope I didn’t offend anyone…I just needed to vent.[/color]

You preach on my friend! I've got your back! :)

And you shouldn't have to apologize to anyone for offending. Those people who say those things don't apologize for saying those things. :)

Some travel agents and Scotty might, but not us common folk. ;)

Haha! You mean the ones who "I know something you don't know but I am not allowed to tell, but I wanted to come on here and say I know something" kind of people!

:)

I did not pay any extra and even got upgrade from inside to OV. Not sure how I managed that after reading all these post.