empress first 6 sailings canelled

baron9

I just checked both the RCI website and a random cruise booking site, and the 1st available cruise to book is now May 14th.....April 25th and 30th were "Sold Out" and May 5th (which I "think" I'm going on) isn't even showing! I understand if it's cancelled, but just let us know! :mad:

May 14 is now showing "sold out". :eek:

May 14 is now showing "sold out". :eek:

The plot thickens.

Wow, that was quick. I saw May 14 with only OV priced at $500 on RCI's website less than two hours ago. Now, *poof*

At this rate, the May 28th cruise I'd booked in December 2015 will be the new inaugural. As it happens, I cancelled the cruise a while back due to changes in my work schedule. It will be interesting to see how RCI handles this next wave of sailings.

Edited by undercat

Empress sailings showing as sold out.

April 21

April 25

April 30

May 5

May 9

May 14

The May 19th sailing currently has:

2 Interior

81 OV

33 JS

If this sailing goes suddenly goes MIA there's a serious issue.

Edited by Retired LEO

I dont think any of these are being cancelled. I think they are either Sold Out for real or they are no longer allowing booking to allow for training of the crew!

When I look on cruisingpower I see different notations.

Prior to April 25th it says "No Sailing Available"

Everything from April 25th to May 14th says "Not Available"

Those are two different notations. The cancelled cruises have different wording than the "sold out" cruises.

The lady I spoke with said that the crew is being trained on how to work in the U.S. market. They have been on Empress when it was Pullmantur and so they are used to serving the Spanish/European market. As you all know, us Americans are much more difficult and harder to please than most other cultures and countries. SO my thought it they might be doing soft openings to ease the crew members in to our obnoxious and demanding ways ;)

You said:

"But I don't think RC would open up the sailing for cabins to be sold and then cancel the sailing. I highly doubt this is the case."

However, they already did that once. Cruises were available to book, and then all of a sudden cancelled. What would be different? Or am I missing something? Are you speaking of the fact that more cruises were made unavailable, but then available again?

you were not confused !

My cruise has never been canceled, but has had sailings opened and then closed, opened and now closed again. I got a text from the someone on the ship this AM. The sailing is going on as planned.

Oh they love to tell us that they have sources but but inform us that they can't mention who the sources are.:rolleyes:

If sources are revealed, then that source gets into trouble and then we know nothing. I would rather folks protect any sources that they have.

I dont think any of these are being cancelled. I think they are either Sold Out for real or they are no longer allowing booking to allow for training of the crew!

When I look on cruisingpower I see different notations.

Prior to April 25th it says "No Sailing Available"

Everything from April 25th to May 14th says "Not Available"

Those are two different notations. The cancelled cruises have different wording than the "sold out" cruises.

The lady I spoke with said that the crew is being trained on how to work in the U.S. market. They have been on Empress when it was Pullmantur and so they are used to serving the Spanish/European market. As you all know, us Americans are much more difficult and harder to please than most other cultures and countries. SO my thought it they might be doing soft openings to ease the crew members in to our obnoxious and demanding ways ;)

This is most likely the reason. I know there were only a few cabins open the other day on my sailing.

I have been watching my sailing on May 14th and it looks like they moved people around until the ship sold out...first there were only suites and then there were only outside available and then everything sold out.

I am thinking they upgraded OV to suites and inside to OV and then finished selling the inside rooms.

you were not confused !

My cruise has never been canceled, but has had sailings opened and then closed, opened and now closed again. I got a text from the someone on the ship this AM. The sailing is going on as planned.

So the roaches have been eradicated? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Roaches:eek:

My stress level is going up! Sold out cruises. :(

Was this ship in that bad of shape? I mean there sister company only had it for a few years. Would Royal really let there reputation go further down the tubes?

If you think it's hard getting rid of the roaches, can you imagine how hard it is going to be to kick Diamonds out of the DL :eek:

Need more than geckos and smoke bombs....

Sent from my B1-730HD using Tapatalk