potato chips and candy: butler

luckyinpa

everyone says give the butler a legal request and he will do it. i'm a chip fanatic. so if i ask for crab chips, salt and vinegar chips, ketchup chips, will they have that for me? is there a snack list to choose from? im not high maintenance but since i paid for it, i do want some yummy goodness.

also i love stuff like mike and ike, sweet tarts and candy like that. is it a proper use for your butler to get that stuff for you?

1st time butler for me.. can you tell?

i am already aware they will bring you anything from the restaurants that is there.

I doubt that you can get anything else than regular, plain salted chips.

Same applies to candies, they have only basic varieties like gummy bears, M&Ms and chocolates.

But no, there is no list to choose from. I'd suggest not getting your hopes quite so high to avoid disappointment when onboard.

Edited by Demonyte

everyone says give the butler a legal request and he will do it. i'm a chip fanatic. so if i ask for crab chips, salt and vinegar chips, ketchup chips, will they have that for me? is there a snack list to choose from? im not high maintenance but since i paid for it, i do want some yummy goodness.

also i love stuff like mike and ike, sweet tarts and candy like that. is it a proper use for your butler to get that stuff for you?

i am already aware they will bring you anything from the restaurants that is there.

Really??

Do you think they have a giant supermarket on some lower deck with *everything*, "just in case someone wants X flavor of Y product" (be it chips, ice cream, candy bar/chocolates, breads, crackers, cookies, etc....)?

On a few more upscale cruise lines, one can make special requests, and they'll try to have it on board, if you give them enough advance notice.

But even there, one can't just decide one evening that "I want this specific item..." and expect them to produce it.

The Butler, no matter how much she/he wishes to please, cannot get you something that is not on board the ship.

If there are very specific snacks (or soft drinks) that you really want to have during the cruise, then by all means, bring them on board when you arrive (or purchase them at ports, if you can find them).

Many of us already do that with things like soft drinks (NCL has no Coca Cola products, for example) or even specific snacks (in sealed packages, of course).

Sorry OP, but they will not have them there "for you" and you did not "pay for it". You might want to rent out a private yacht for the week.

Lucky - you are from Pennsylvania- grab an Utz 24 pack assortment on your way to the airport ! You'll be all set.

Our butlers have always been very receptive to what our kids like-cookies, gummy bears

There isn't a list -sigh- but you can always count on reg chips, choc chip cookies and a bowl of gummy bears to be in stock .

We once - ONCE - made a pre cruise request because of something my youngest read on CC. He couldn't believe that there could actual be gummy bears and M&m s waiting for him. There were. And they were kept stocked all week.

Enjoy-

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Luckyinpa - You will not receive anything that is not already on the ship. As others have stated you might as well bring the items you listed with you as they are not something carried on the ship. Annmeat had a great idea - just bring those items with you if you really want during your week. I think the regular chips are fine and my DH was happy with the cookies. Enjoy your first suite.

Regular Potato Chips only, but if your lucky enough to get Jose as your Butler, he will buy some flavored chips in port, at your expense. As far as a filet mignon, yes Jose will be able to serve you! Bon appetit.

everyone says give the butler a legal request and he will do it. s, salt i'm a chip fanatic. so if i ask for crab chipand vinegar chips, ketchup chips, will they have that for me? is there a snack list to choose from? im not high maintenance but since i paid for it, i do want some yummy goodness.

Hmmm..."so if i ask for crab chips and vinegar chips, ketchup chips, will they have that for me?"

Just so you know --- You are most definitely high maintenance!

The things you listed are kind of out there and not normal run of thr mill snaks so I highly doubt you can get them so save yourself the time and energy and pack them for yourself. You can have your spouse serve them to you. Lol

You will be able to get regular chips and basic candy like M&Ms

Sure, they'll have whatever you need...

Since you're from PA, be sure to request some TastyKake Butterscotch Krimpets, a Wawa Hoagie and scrapple. They keep all that on the ship, just in case! Enjoy your suite...

Jim

If you ask for ketchup chips I am picturing you getting chips covered in ketchup or a bowl of chips with ketchup on the side.

No they do not have any of those flavors on board.

Filet and chocolate mousse that they can do.

We were just on the Jewel, and received the following (from your list).

Plain Salted potato chips

tortilla chips and salsa

peanut m&ms

mini m&Ms

gummy bears (not the regular kind, these were GIANT)

chocolates

chocolate truffles

chocolate covered strawberries

cookies (chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin and chocolate chocolate)

Edited by Wavesprite

We were just on the Jewel, and received the following (from your list).

Plain Salted potato chips

tortilla chips and salsa

peanut m&ms

mini m&Ms

gummy bears (not the regular kind, these were GIANT)

chocolates

chocolate truffles

i'm not a chocolate fanatic but some with raspberries sound very good to me right now but that would kill my diet. only 5 month more to lose weight. i stopped buying chips for home so ill want a bunch on board so i can gain all that weight back

If you want something, then simply request it from the butler. If he/she can get it for you, they will.

You can also put in your particular requests with the pre cruise concierge prior to boarding the ship.

Remember to tip your butler well. Some people blow this off.

Having been many times in the butler serviced suites, I have never asked for a beverage to be brought to me. I have asked for milks to be stocked when my kids were younger.

If I wanted a soda and don't feel like going out to get it with my UBP, I cough up the 3 bucks on my invoice and have it from the mini bar.

I would not feel right calling the butler and asking for a Coke. They have many suites to attend.

Remember to tip your butler well. Some people blow this off.

Having been many times in the butler serviced suites, I have never asked for a beverage to be brought to me. I have asked for milks to be stocked when my kids were younger.

If I wanted a soda and don't feel like going out to get it with my UBP, I cough up the 3 bucks on my invoice and have it from the mini bar.

I would not feel right calling the butler and asking for a Coke. They have many suites to attend.

NCL offers Pepsi products. If you want Coke, you need to bring it aboard yourself.

Your Butler will usually stock your suite with any and all ON BOARD snacks that you request and will make sure that your requested soda items are kept chilled each day.