Traded in our balcony on the Anthem

We had 3 people booked in a balcony, and while I know this is doable, I also know from experience, that it can also be cramped. So, when I noticed 2 inside connecting cabins open this morning, we talked it over and decided to move. Yes, it was a bit more (about $800 total), but for the extra space, privacy, and two bathrooms, we decided it was worth it.

The rep I talked to was very helpful. Splitting one person off into a second cabin cancelled dinner reservations and excursions for that person, but got it sorted out. Decided that that person would be me, so I will get the double points. I'll be Platinum after this cruise, whereas before, I would've still been a point short even after our NEXT cruise this fall.

We booked flights on our own, so that wasn't affected. Any other pitfalls I should be on the lookout for?

We had connecting insides in Anthem for 2 adults and 3 kids and it was great. Plenty of room and we loved the virtual balcony. Having 2 bathrooms was a big plus.

My first choice is always a real balcony but the virtual really made the room seem bigger and I didn't feel cut off from the outside world.

I think you will enjoy your connecting insides[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Did you explore a studio cabin for the 3rd person? Some even have balconies. Might have worked out cheaper as no single supplement. Of course wouldn't be practical if that 3rd person is a child.

Yes, I looked at the studios, but none were close to our balcony, nor could I find another option to move us to. It's my SIL's first cruise and didn't want her to feel abandoned. The connecting insides looked like the best solution.

Thanks for the feedback.

Is it possible to have our SeaPass cards keyed to both doors?

I don´t think it´s possible to have one Card open two cabins, but you can get additional room keys from Guest Relations. However, you said you have connecting rooms, so why would you need the extra key?

I don´t think it´s possible to have one Card open two cabins, but you can get additional room keys from Guest Relations. However, you said you have connecting rooms, so why would you need the extra key?

Not having had a connecting cabin before, I thought it might come in handy. Having an extra key would work though, if we need them. Thanks for the info.

On ours, we have been eyeing a family JS, for about $560 more than our D1 balcony. the family JS has an extra half bath, which could come in handy. Will need to compare that to doing two insides.

• 1 month later...

Old thread, but I've continued watching prices. This morning I was able to move us to adjoining balconies for about $300 additional. Might've been able to wait and gotten them for less, but there weren't many adjoining ones left, so I went for it. Still happy with the overall price, and now have a surprise for my wife and SIL.