Connecting staterooms- Noise issues?

Rajona

Hi, I booked a Jr. Suite guarantee....we've been assigned a cabin (1312 on Adventure) that connects to an OS. We've never had a connecting cabin before. Will noise from the stateroom next door be an issue?

Thanks

Hi, I booked a Jr. Suite guarantee....we've been assigned a cabin (1312 on Adventure) that connects to an OS. We've never had a connecting cabin before. Will noise from the stateroom next door be an issue?

Thanks

It totally depends on your neighbors.

I have had a connecting door and never heard a thing. I have had a connecting door and had to listen to TV and arguing ad nauseam.

I have had NO connecting door and never heard a thing. I have had NO connecting door and have had to listen to loud conversations, banging and music.

:)

I wish I would have looked at the ship/room map more closely. To see what room were "connecting".

We were on Adventure in a Grand Suite, 1260, last week. We did not notice that it was connecting, UNTIL we heard the neighbors coughing, sneezing, laughing, talking, sexing, and their TV emitting loud noises. There was loud sounds until 4:00 am on the last sea day!

The walls are thin.

I wish I would have looked at the ship/room map more closely. To see what room were "connecting".

We were on Adventure in a Grand Suite, 1260, last week. We did not notice that it was connecting, UNTIL we heard the neighbors coughing, sneezing, laughing, talking, sexing, and their TV emitting loud noises. There was loud sounds until 4:00 am on the last sea day!

The walls are thin.

We heard lots of sexing noises from the cabin next to us on our last cruise and it wasn't a connecting room .Guess if you neighbors are loud it doesn't matter you will hear it anyway

The walls are thin.

The connecting door is thinner!

If you can get another room you like as much I would go for it. But I wouldn't stress too much. We have had a few connecting rooms and had only one problem. It was the interior kids room that DH and I were taking turns sleeping in. A bunch of late teens/early 20s decided it would be funny to open their door and knock on the other (our door). Freaked me out for a minute, but then I realized I'm a adult and they are clearly not. Ok, maybe young adults, but not making good adult decisions.

I walked in the hallway and knocked our their door and explained to them we would call security if that ever happened again, or if we heard partying from their room again. Deer in the headlights and never had a problem for the rest of the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by cindivan

Thanks

Did it once and never again.

Had a connecting concierge cabin on Celebrity...upgraded from a standard balcony...never again. I always choose my room carefully and always state No Upgrade. We would rather have a standard balcony than an upgraded connecting cabin with all of the "perks"

We had noisy neighbors, the cabin attendant put a blanket between the doors which helped. The bigger problem for me was lack of a sofa, which was replaced by a chair.

Forgot about that. :eek:

Booked several Cabins for Fall 2017 on Oasis.

My criteria was a hump, non connecting, JS on deck 8. There are two. I got one of them. :D