Sting ray city timing

Stinkybaby

We are arriving at grand Cayman at 8:00 am (according to NCLs website... Does that mean local time or ship time) and want to go to stingray city as early as possible to beat the crowd. I emailed captain Marvin and he has a group leaving at 10 am but I'd like to go earlier if possible. Should I just book with the cruise line? The NCL excursion website has a stingray city and snorkel excursion but it has 2 reviews, one good and one bad. Should I just stick with captain Marvin? Our ship leaves at 4 and I'm afraid of getting left behind.

Captain Marvin is a tried and true company. You mentioned beating the crowd; if you really want to see a crowd book with the cruise line. Capt Marvin's boat holds like 25 or so folks and the cruise tours might have 100 or more. Capt Marvin timed our arrival so that those crowds were either gone or about to be. We made a couple of snorkeling stops and still had plenty of time to interact with the stingrays. Of all the ports we have visited, both extremely commercial and extremely remote, I would rate Grand Cayman as the least likely to be left behind, particularly with a well respected outfit like Capt. Marvins.

We just returned from Grand Cayman and used Captain Marvin for our visit to Sting Ray City. I understand so much is made of 'beating the crowds' but in reality is really makes no difference. The area is large and there are many boars there. Each boat/tour drops it's passengers off and they usually stay around that part of the area. There are maybe 20-30 other such little groups around but you are really oblivious to them as your guide will be doing their thing in your area and you will never even notice the others. The 'Rays' don't care and there are many of them to go around.

Cheers

Len