teens on board during late June and July sailings?

Cancruizer

Hi, we have a 15 (almost 16 year old) son that loves to travel and cruise with us. We would love to sail with Azamara and know we (adults) would love it, however in summer months are there other teens onboard? He loves to sightsee and is very comfortable talking with adults, but does enjoy the social aspect of the teen clubs in the evening especially. Any thoughts from others? Is this a cruise line that we should wait for until our son is grown? I could leave him home with relatives, but I feel awful to not spend time with him cruising when he enjoys it so much and he is an easy traveller. Thanks :-)

Just did Azamara cruise in July. I don't recall seeing any teens at all on the ship. The pool area is small also. Frankly I think there are better choices for him. We were on a port intensive cruise so the amenities were not that important to us but frankly Azamara would be considered dull by many. Nice cruise but not for a teenage boy. JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We mainly used Royal Caribbean until I could leave my 18 year old at home and move to the delights of Azamara. When she was 21 we took her on Oceania Riviera (a larger ship than the Azamara ones). She had just worked a summer season in Kos, Greece. Whilst she enjoyed the cruise she did keep saying "why is everybody so old". I think it also impacted us a little as we didnt seek out dinner companions but tended to eat as a 3. Whilst I love her dearly I enjoy talking with new people sometimes.

I enjoyed shopping with her and we took her to a Hammam which was hilarious but all in all, I am not sure she would go again. Incidentally she is still in touch with friends she made at the Teen Club on Royal Caribbean many years ago.

From late June until mid August there will definitely be other teens on board but Azamara does not have a kids or teens program or club. The only somewhat teen-like activity is when the DJ comes on late nights.

I think maybe that even the nightclub is restricted to over 18's after 10.30 or 11.

Hi

I think it is more about the itinerary than the ship and our first Azamara cruise will be HK to Singapore in December ,our son who is now 18 never had expectations about fellow passengers ( we have met some great people of all ages) and we always enjoy our family holidays weather on a skiing trip ,a cruise or a city stay.

School holidays in the UK are late July to early Sept, if this helps.

However GCSE (16 yr olds) and A level students (18 yr olds) finish their exams at the end of June and those students then leave their school, so could be on holiday.

Parents are now fined if they take their children out of school during term time.

What nightclub?? Did I miss it?[emoji12]

Sorry nightclub is probably overstating!,,,, but the disco after about 10.30 is quite lively some nights and they have had some excellent DJ's when we have been on Board.

Sorry nightclub is probably overstating!,,,, but the disco after about 10.30 is quite lively some nights and they have had some excellent DJ's when we have been on Board.

We did go up there a couple of nights. One night was busy the rest not so much. I can't visualize a teen up there!!! As my grand son would say "I would rather die"!! LOL