How long should I wait to hear back from customer service?

I sailed on Majesty 2/29-3/4 and contacted RC customer service after the cruise with a concern about being double-charged for an excursion (this was after trying, to no avail, to get it fixed at both the Excursions desk and the Guest Services desk on board). I got the standard "We received your email and we'll be in touch" email on 3/5. I haven't heard back from them. Is it really taking more than 2 weeks for them to respond to emails? Is it worth calling? I feel like every time I call I get the runaround and they tell me to email. I emailed "Adam Goldstein" (the email address that was floating around here for him) a few years ago and got an email and phone response in 2 days.

Any suggestions? Should I try going through C&A?

I sailed on Majesty 2/29-3/4 and contacted RC customer service after the cruise with a concern about being double-charged for an excursion (this was after trying, to no avail, to get it fixed at both the Excursions desk and the Guest Services desk on board). I got the standard "We received your email and we'll be in touch" email on 3/5. I haven't heard back from them. Is it really taking more than 2 weeks for them to respond to emails? Is it worth calling? I feel like every time I call I get the runaround and they tell me to email. I emailed "Adam Goldstein" (the email address that was floating around here for him) a few years ago and got an email and phone response in 2 days.

You want to select Post-Cruise support at: (800) 256-6649. They usually fix you up right away. Email seems to take forever with Royal.

I was wondering the same thing. I called with questions about their advertised programs for children with autism and they told me to email the special needs dept. I emailed almost two weeks ago and still have not heard back. They did send me the standard email confirming they received my email, but then it said any follow up emails would delay the process of them getting back to me.

How long should you wait? Ten working days. How long will you wait? Forty to sixty working days.

Edited by Cuizer2

If you paid by credit card, just start the chargeback process with your card supplier. You can send them the email you sent as your proof of trying to remedy it with the merchant.

May not mean anything in this case, but be aware that if you deny a Royal charge with your credit card company, Royal will never allow charges from that card in the future.

I emailed special needs for distilled water for my CPAP, got an immediate reply saying they received my email, and two days later the confirmation that I would have the water waiting in my cabin.

Maybe they only read the first 15 they get every day and ignore the rest. I would definitely try again.

I wanted to follow up on my post from last week. Someone from RC customer service called and left me a voice mail on Thursday. I think it was the same woman who called me a few years ago when I had a problem. I haven't had the chance to call her back yet, but I do appreciate that someone called. We'll see what happens.

So she called back again, and when I didn't get a change to call back (work has been crazy), she emailed me with a response--and apologized for taking so long to get back to me. She responded that my extra excursion had been refunded to my seapass account, rather than the original means of payment, so that's why it was confusing. After looking at the final bill again, that makes sense. As for my OBC issue, she refunded me the $25 Bring A Friend OBC that my boyfriend got instead of me. She did not refund the $50 OBC that was credited to BF instead of me (even though his parents got it for me, it had my name on it, and I entered it online) because she said that the OBC was PER CABIN, not per person. In the end, it works out and I'm fine with BF getting it since it probably all canceled out anyway, but it doesn't make sense to have someone buy me OBC if it's just going to be credited to the person whose name is on the reservation, rather than the person who you purchased it for, if they are different. This is a major first world problem and it's only $50, but it's good to know from now on. Overall, I appreciate them getting back to me and resolving it and I'm happy with the outcome. Thanks, RC, if you're reading. :)

So she called back again, and when I didn't get a change to call back (work has been crazy), she emailed me with a response--and apologized for taking so long to get back to me. She responded that my extra excursion had been refunded to my seapass account, rather than the original means of payment, so that's why it was confusing. After looking at the final bill again, that makes sense. As for my OBC issue, she refunded me the $25 Bring A Friend OBC that my boyfriend got instead of me. She did not refund the $50 OBC that was credited to BF instead of me (even though his parents got it for me, it had my name on it, and I entered it online) because she said that the OBC was PER CABIN, not per person. In the end, it works out and I'm fine with BF getting it since it probably all canceled out anyway, but it doesn't make sense to have someone buy me OBC if it's just going to be credited to the person whose name is on the reservation, rather than the person who you purchased it for, if they are different. This is a major first world problem and it's only $50, but it's good to know from now on. Overall, I appreciate them getting back to me and resolving it and I'm happy with the outcome. Thanks, RC, if you're reading. :)

I am glad that you received a satisfactory outcome.

:)

I am glad that you received a satisfactory outcome.

Thanks. Me too. Not trying to be a cheerleader or anything, but I think good and bad experiences deserve equal time. I've been lucky to have a majority of good experiences.

Thanks. Me too. Not trying to be a cheerleader or anything, but I think good and bad experiences deserve equal time. I've been lucky to have a majority of good experiences.

I, too, recently had "an issue" and the phone person was decidedly unhelpful. I shot off an email to the appropriate person and received a satisfactory outcome within 72 hours.