Oceania Regatta

HHHawkeye

My husband's family is thinking strongly about booking an Oceania cruise on the Regatta ship January 2017, the cruise is 16 days from LA to Miami.

Because I trust Cruise Critic, I looked at reviews of the Regatta and was not impressed.

seems to be a shortage of customer service (since NCL acquired Oceania) from the restaurants to the bars, to the leadership.

The other 2 couples have not done long ocean cruises (we have) and know the vast differences between lines. I'm leary about signing up now!

Oceania is offering, "free wifi, 5 shore excursions or beverage package ----

is that per stateroom or per person? Again the review of both of those packages are not stellar.

Please, if you have had recent experience on the Regatta or Oceania, give me your advice. Thank you!!!

My husband's family is thinking strongly about booking an Oceania cruise on the Regatta ship January 2017, the cruise is 16 days from LA to Miami.

Because I trust Cruise Critic, I looked at reviews of the Regatta and was not impressed.

seems to be a shortage of customer service (since NCL acquired Oceania) from the restaurants to the bars, to the leadership.

Some people are not used to the smaller ships with small cabin & smaller bathrooms some of the reviews show people did not do their homework before booking with Oceania

Of course there was the Noro problem from the cruise leaving Lima

seems to be a Lima issue

Oceania is offering, "free wifi, 5 shore excursions or beverage package ----

is that per stateroom or per person? Again the review of both of those packages are not stellar.

Please, if you have had recent experience on the Regatta or Oceania, give me your advice. Thank you!!!

You have a choice of the free excursions (if you like ship's tours)

OR House beverage package (wine/beer ) with meals

OR OBC

they are PP but both parties in the cabin must get the same deal

the internet is per cabin 1 free account (one device at a time )

Come to the Oceania forum if you have further questions

Lyn

Your concerns about Oceania are understandable. Being owned by the world's worst cruise line certainly did not do any good for Oceania.

If you can't tell, I'm not a fan. The entertainment sucks and service is not on par with the luxury lines.