Back to Back

Woobstr112G

Looking at a couple of spring 2018 cruises (Solstice) to celebrate my retirement. Does X offer booking as one, or do you have to book two separate cruises?

Thanks in advance for any replies.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Looking at a couple of spring 2018 cruises (Solstice) to celebrate my retirement. Does X offer booking as one, or do you have to book two separate cruises?

Each is a separate cruise with its own reservation number.

They close out your shipboard account at the end of each cruise and you start a new account for the next cruise (i.e., charges and credits do not carry over from one cruise to the next).

You also receive a new seapass card for the next cruise, even if you are staying in the same cabin.

We generally do B2Bs or B2B2B cruises, and each leg is treated for accounting purposes as a separate cruise. Even if you are in the same stateroom for each leg there will be separate sea passes and final bills for each leg. Items such as unused internet minutes will not carry over to the next leg.

Any advantages, benefits or cost savings doing B2B cruises? Any special way to book?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You save on airline tickets. Just call Celebrity or your TA and make your selections of cruises. We just did B2B on Constellation.

B2B is the only way to go if you have the time and resources. There is a special feeing that I can't describe during the transition from the first to the second itinerary. There will be a few other people doing B2B or longer, especially on transatlantic itineraries, but you have the ship to yourself for a few hours. It's so fun to show up at the bars and restaurants and see the look of surprise on the crews' faces! Sometimes there are tears of joy! :)

we received a $100 off the cabin price for the first part, $50 for the second and $100 for the 3rd. I think it was based on the number of days. the first is 13 nights, 9 nights and then 12 nights, so the middle was only $50 because it was less than 10 nights (?) This was a discount for the cabin, not per person

we received a $100 off the cabin price for the first part, $50 for the second and $100 for the 3rd. I think it was based on the number of days. the first is 13 nights, 9 nights and then 12 nights, so the middle was only $50 because it was less than 10 nights (?) This was a discount for the cabin, not per person

We too received $100 off the cabin price for our B2B. But Celebrity doesn't offer this on all B2B cruises you may have booked. We have another B2B booked in the Fall, and Celebrity wouldn't honor this perk.

You book them separately.

I have always booked them at the same time/together. If you do it this way you can usually get a small B2B credit. You end up with one invoice and two reservation numbers. One for each cruise since Celebrity closes out yuor account at the end of the first cruise.

Well I made my decision for the retirement cruise. I went ahead and booked the 18 Day sailing (April 18, 2018) from Sydney to Honolulu. I wanted to book the 12 day cruise, that follows, from Honolulu to Vancouver but DW didn't want to board our elderly dog for a full month. Thanks again for all the replies to my original post. As always, it is much appreciated.

Let the long countdown begin.....:):):)

Bob

If they are offering the B2B discount, you can get it regardless of when you book the cruises.

They do not have to be booked at the same time.

Sometimes when we already have a cruise booked, at a later date we may decide to add on another leg when a good deal shows up, and they apply the B2B discounts to both cruises at that time.

Well I made my decision for the retirement cruise. I went ahead and booked the 18 Day sailing (April 18, 2018) from Sydney to Honolulu. I wanted to book the 12 day cruise, that follows, from Honolulu to Vancouver but DW didn't want to board our elderly dog for a full month. Thanks again for all the replies to my original post. As always, it is much appreciated.

Let the long countdown begin.....:):):)

Bob

Pardon the typo, it is April 11, 2018 not April 18th.....

Bob

Hi Bob - nice to see you over here on the Celebrity thread. Hope you enjoy your upcoming Princess cruises and have a wonderful time on the Solstice when you finally get on her.

Thanks for the welcome. Holli was really wanting to try Celebrity again and this itinerary is fantastic.....:):):)

Bob