25th anniversary help

Lou_70

My wife and I are sailing on Freedom in June and I am looking for ideas. Our 25th anniversary is the week before and we are taking this trip in celebration for it.

We are not the renew vows type of people. I looked online at the rccl website and all the decorations are specifically stated as NOT available on Freedom.

Any ideas from the masses of something fun?

Thank you

Can you do a couples massage either on the ship or is it available at a resort in one of the ports so you can do it in a Chana on the beach?

We did the cabana on on our honeymoon 13 years ago and it was amazing

do a couples massage either on the ship or is it available at a resort in one of the ports

personally, I as a man, can take or leave these massages - but my wife loves them and likes it even better when i do a couples massage with her. - excellent Idea

also if you don't normally do the specialty restaurants - I think that is another great Idea

another Idea is to make a door sign that she will appreciate and will show the rest of the world that passes you door how happy you are to have the privilege of celebrating 25 years with her

Edited by jimmyzwei
added thought

I'm not a "renew vows" person either. Our 1st vows are what matters...we've been together and happy (most of the time) for 42 years...

Just be together. That's what's important. If you DO want to "renew" vows..just say them to each other. We do that often. We LOVE each other...and we tell each other often!

Chocolate covered strawberries and champagne delivered for sail away.

Splurge on a suite if that's not something you would normally do. The suite perks will help make the trip more special.

Order flowers to be delivered to the cabin. With any luck they will be in the cabin waiting for her upon arrival.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You could order a bottle of wine, champagne, or a non-alcoholic sparking wine, along with some chocolate-covered strawberries in your stateroom, to surprise her with upon arrival. There is also a champagne/rose petal option. Flowers are also available, and are nice to enjoy all week. (I can't believe the number of ships that don't offer decorations). A dinner at a specialty restaurant one evening would be relaxing and special. And if shopping in a port, maybe gift her with something that catches her eye. Enjoy your cruise and each other. ;)

We are taking our 3 adult children and staying in a RFS, I was thinking maybe dine on our balcony and order a cake one night. Heck our kids should do something for us, we are paying for the entire vacation. :cool:

We did the basic romance package in November on Allure - included a bottle of champagne, frame & free photo, cupcakes, and canapes & petit fours on first formal night. Champagne & cupcakes were delivered on embarkation day. I believe it was $100. I felt this was a good value. There's also another romance package that included strawberries & flowers but it was $200 and change.

You can also do the Champagne & Rose Petal package for $85 (non-alcoholic sparkling wine for $55).

If she's like my wife I'm sure she'd love fresh flowers, but its pretty expensive IMO.

You could also surprise her with a room upgrade! Suites are always a nice treat!

My DH and I just returned from our 25th anniversary cruise. I planned the trip and chose to put our $ towards our activities. It was just the 2 of us so we took advantage of not having to pay for the whole family and found some great things to do together

We drove around Aruba on a trike, snorkeled in Bonaire, beach in Grenada, catamaran and turtles in Barbados, island tour and pitons in st Lucia and stingrays in Antigua

We had a D1 on the Aft and enjoyed chocolate strawberries at sail away

I couldn't see spending the money on the decorations and in hindsight still feel that way. The memories of each of our days will far outlast the decorations.

Even if you choose to do just one special activity, it will always be something you remember

Congratulations on the 25th!!

By the way, we used to be able to order flowers from local florists and they would be delivered to the ship. You could call some Cocoa Beach florists and see if that's still possible. Otherwise just order online from RCI.

Champagne on ice brought to your table is fun, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

thank you everyone!

Some good ideas here and anyone else I can always use more.

Unfortunately I cant do the decorations.. it says not available on Freedom for some reason.

Thank you again!

Lou_70, Party City has 25th anniversary decorations for $4.99 (see photo on their website) for your stateroom/door:

Celebrate silver! Decorate for a 25th wedding anniversary with our lovely Anniversary Swirl Decorations. These metallic silver foil swirls hang 24in and come in an eye-catching mixture: some are plain, some dangle a 7in wide "25th Anniversary" cardstock circle, and some have a 5in tall foil number "25" hanging from the bottom. Add shine to dress up an anniversary party room with these pretty 25th anniversary decorations. Package includes 12 Anniversary Swirl Decorations in all.

25th Anniversary Swirl Decorations includes:

6 Silver Swirl Decorations

3 Cutout Sign Swirls

3 Number 25 Swirls

We will also be sailing soon for our 25th Wedding Anniversary! We'll actually be in Jamaica that day, so we're planning to make a fun day of it bobsledding and River tubing! I love the idea of decorating the cabin! Thanks for the Party City tip, I'll check there! Good luck planning, and congrats to all of us, it is quite the milestone.

We will also be sailing soon for our 25th Wedding Anniversary! We'll actually be in Jamaica that day, so we're planning to make a fun day of it bobsledding and River tubing! I love the idea of decorating the cabin! Thanks for the Party City tip, I'll check there! Good luck planning, and congrats to all of us, it is quite the milestone.

Unlike the OP, you are sailing on the Allure and can opt to have your cabin decorated thru Gifts & Gear. There are two Happy Anniversary decor choices offered ($49 & $75). Of course, you can bring decorations and do it yourself for less, but I just wanted to let you know. Here's a link: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/onboard-delivery/room-decor. There are also Romance Packages available, or you can have wine, champagne, or sparkling wine, chocolate-covered strawberries, or flowers, etc. awaiting your arrival to your stateroom.

Bobsledding and river tubing- that's awesome! I take it that you've seen the movie 'Cool Runnings'? :D Happy Anniversary, enjoy your cruise!

First of all congratulations on the 25th.!!!!

We too are celebrating ours this summer and will be at sea on the actual date.

We too are very private.

We have decided to dress up a little, and as a couple at sunset (pray for no rain) on a balcony yet to be determined on the Allure--- re-commit our own vows to each other.

I cannot believe the love of my life has been able to put up with me all these years.............I am blessed.

Our DD will be sailing on this cruise, (personal photographer),

Safe travels.

Enjoy

Edited by Lionesss

Chocolate covered strawberries and champagne delivered for sail away.

Splurge on a suite if that's not something you would normally do. The suite perks will help make the trip more special.

Order flowers to be delivered to the cabin. With any luck they will be in the cabin waiting for her upon arrival.

We've celebrated our 25th and 40th anniversaries on cruises and the above items were in our cabin when we arrived courtesy of our children planning ahead. It was a very nice way to begin our anniversary cruises. Definitely splurge on a suite and eat at the specialty restaurant on the day of your anniversary or on formal night plus have your picture taken. The cruise itself will be special because the two of you are alone for a whole week without kids or job duties.