Liz and Eileen’s Excellent Spring Break

themutis

Did the Elite status come with the suite or are you Elite through CC?

Elite is from the Celebrity Captains Club (their loyalty program) and not related to booking a suite. When you book a suite you great Michaels Club and Luminae.

Love your review! It makes me long for the Connie, my favorite ship! Photos of 6145/6 have me reconsidering my cabin for my 2017 Summit cruise. With Luminae as part of the package, seems like a fair price! Looking forward to more photos!!

Thank Ang, looks like you leave soon. Wish I was going with you ladies. Have fun!!!! See you on the Silly in Jan.

Elite is from the Celebrity Captains Club (their loyalty program) and not related to booking a suite. When you book a suite you great Michaels Club and Luminae.

The reason I ask is that on our previous cruises even though we were not Elite we received all the perks etc of Elite:cool:.

I had assumed it came with being in a suite but as we have always been in a CS or higher I wanted to check if this perk came with a SS as well.

My Mil who is traveling with us is on her first cruise will be in 6146 so I just wanted to confirm wether she would get the vouchers. Specifically the internet minutes and laundry.

The reason I ask is that on our previous cruises even though we were not Elite we received all the perks etc of Elite.

Hmmm, interesting? I would think that maybe that was a mistake, but who knows.

Did your MIL not get all 4 perks (internet/premium drink/grats/obc)? Maybe that wasn't offered when she booked?

Hmmm, interesting? I would think that maybe that was a mistake, but who knows.

Did your MIL not get all 4 perks (internet/premium drink/grats/obc)? Maybe that wasn't offered when she booked?

Definitely not a mistake as many others have also reported this but as with all things X it seems to be somewhat inconsistant between ships. Just unsure wether it rolls down to SSs.

The all 4 perks option is not some thing we get in the UK :( but she did book with the 123 so has grats OBC and the classic package. It would just be useful for her to have the 90mins to checkin online for the return flights.:)

One other querry - on both Equinox and Reflection we were able to take drinks away from Michaels (we prefered the coffee in MC on Reflection to Cafe al Bacio) - Are you alowed to do this on Connie?

One other querry - on both Equinox and Reflection we were able to take drinks away from Michaels (we prefered the coffee in MC on Reflection to Cafe al Bacio) - Are you alowed to do this on Connie?

We had no problem taking our wine that we got before dinner out of Michaels. We did have the premium package, but I don't believe they were even looking.

We did not go there for coffee or drinks during the day, so I can't comment on that.

We had no problem taking our wine that we got before dinner out of Michaels. We did have the premium package, but I don't believe they were even looking.

We did not go there for coffee or drinks during the day, so I can't comment on that.

Thanks sounds like consistancy between ships:) ... (did I realy say that about X:D)

Day 1 - Embarkation

While I know that some have said they were not asked to make reservations in Luminae, we were asked to give them a time frame everyday. Today we told them 7:45pm.

Liz had noted the time for sunset, so we watched from our balcony. Just beautiful!

25872170981_1b44bfd62e_z.jpg

25338401753_85dd672a18_z.jpg

Day 1 - Embarkation

When we boarded we were given a welcome letter inviting us the Luminae for lunch. I thought this was a nice touch in case anyone didn't realize Luminae was open for lunch

25753414840_19b017826f_c.jpg

Senior Officers Bios

25933704212_66d1349c01_c.jpg

Day 1 - Embarkation - Dinner

After the amazing sunset we headed to dinner at Luminae. I had been a bit concerned about their menus since my daughter doesn't tend to be an adventurous eater, but she was always able to find something she like (and often loved) on the menu. We never had to ask for the main dinning room menu.

I noticed with those twinkling lights they have in Luminae that it caused lines on my photos - I smartened up later and turned my flash on. Apologies.

Here is the menu

25846335242_d911e30a9b_c.jpg

The offer both an appetizer and dessert amuse bouche - I did not get the names of these, but we did eat them every night.

25967132235_1f533d140c_c.jpg

More interesting butter :)

25334433754_cd643c8ddd_c.jpg

I started with the Crispy Pork Belly - it was crispy and creamy and very rich. I enjoyed it very much.

25967133315_5612236d9f_c.jpg

Liz started with the Smoked Tomato Soup.

25666565670_14a147f4b8_c.jpg

Day 1 - Embarkation - Dinner

For her main, Liz ordered the Bucatini with Spiced Sausage. This was one of the only misses in Luminae. Coming from the North East, when we hear spiced sausage we are thinking of a good spicy Italian sausage (probably crumbled in the pasta). This was not the case, it was a more like a kielbasa with a hot dog texture. It wasn't horrible, but just not what we expect and I didn't feel it was up to par with the other dishes we had. I don't have a photo of her dish.

I had the Seared Duck Breast. It was very good and very rich. I probably shouldn't have ordered the pork belly and the duck on the same night since they are both so rich - but hey, it's vacation.

25338406603_aaeeb8e50e_c.jpg

And we got the Zucchini Spaghetti to share. Good not great.

25967134605_401915c55b_c.jpg

We get the complimentary dessert, but that is all we can manage. We are not doing so well in the dessert category - just too full after these meals.

25967134275_8caf65e5d2_c.jpg

After dinner we head to Michael Club for the first time. It's empty, but we get a drink and sit for a while. Other people do meander in. It's pretty dead though. After a long day of traveling we head to bed.

We did Constellation the last 2 years--2 years ago as a couple (AQ--Blu service is like Luminae, you feel very pampered) & last year with the teens & my parents.

Your Sky Suite is gorgeous. We had an accessible room on Silhouette this year which has the same square footage but CLEARLY not the same decor!:D

I would LOVE to take a cruise with DD (we met another mother/daughter who were on Connie the week before you, similar circumstances). BUT I don't think DH or the boys would go for it!

Looking forward to more!

I would LOVE to take a cruise with DD (we met another mother/daughter who were on Connie the week before you, similar circumstances). BUT I don't think DH or the boys would go for it!

It was pretty awesome! My 2 of boys are working and 1 is in college now (he plays lacrosse so can't every go anywhere) so they couldn't come. And DH had work.

Day 2 - Sea Day

When we wake up, we notice that the Eclipse is following us :)

25846263582_7db0de4f92_c.jpg

The day starts with Breakfast in Luminae

Breakfast Menu

25334360894_9e74b962bb_c.jpg

Coffee and view

25338334013_c0c1e127e8_c.jpg

25338335513_546bb6ac49_c.jpg

Our AMAZING servers Dino and Serkin (and Dragan, Tatiana, and Anthony). They made the trip so much fun and made us feel very special!!!!

The pastries were amazing - especially the chocolate croissant!!!

25846266452_b578445a46_c.jpg

Day 2 - Sea Day

We are offered coffee, juices and smoothies. The grapefruit juice tastes fresh squeezed!

I start with the fruit platter. The fruit is ripe and the plate is huge. Very good.

25338336263_ce9135a952_c.jpg

I finish with the Eggs Benedict (classic). It was great!

25941159716_f1df79e7bd_c.jpg

Liz gets a ham and cheddar omelet with bacon. On the side comes mushrooms, potatoes, and asparagus.

25338337213_71803dfb2c_c.jpg