Oasis of The Seas - Clam Shack no more

Hi, we will be sailing on The Oasis of The Seas in the near future and noticed the Clam Shack was not available to make a reservation before the sail date.

I sent an email asking if it was still a choice of restaurant and RCCL responded that it was taken out in 2014, but never mentioned what is in its place.

Can someone tell me what replaced the Clam Shack aboard the Oasis of The Seas?

Thanks so much!

Kat

:rolleyes:

Hi, we will be sailing on The Oasis of The Seas in the near future and noticed the Clam Shack was not available to make a reservation before the sail date.

I sent an email asking if it was still a choice of restaurant and RCCL responded that it was taken out in 2014, but never mentioned what is in its place.

Thanks so much!

Kat

Sabor, a Mexican restaurant.

Another Mexican restaurant? I've been on the Allure twice and it has a Mexican Restaurant on the Boardwalk.

Thanks for the info Bob!

That was also changed on Allure, from Rita's Cantina to Sabor. Sabor is supposed to be more upscale Mexican.

I will now look into it and see if it is worth having dinner there one night.

I was so looking forward to the Clam Shack but open to trying another Mexican restaurant.

Thanks again!

You're welcome.

Thanks so much!

Kat

That crab shack was always empty.

I was so looking forward to the Clam Shack but open to trying another Mexican restaurant.

Thanks again!

Sabor is great. To me a better "lunch" restaurant as opposed to dinner, but that's just a personal preference. Portions are large - the $20 tasting portion is enough for two people.

Thanks again!

If you're from Massachusetts, I think you would've been disappointed.

Yes, that's what I was hoping for a little taste of home while sailing around the Caribbean. But, since others say it was always empty, I guess the food was not as good as I was anticipating. Seems like RCCL made the right move.

I'm not a Diamond Member for nothing...so I most likely will give the new restaurant a try!

Sabor is excellent, being from central California I can speak with authority. I agree it's better for lunch than dinner, but there are so many great "upscale" dinner places Sabor would be fine for a very casual dinner if that's what you want.

There is really no need to RSVP, just go after the lunch rush. We went twice around 1:30, walked right in, and maybe three other tables were booked, and that was Spring break.

Sabor is excellent, being from central California I can speak with authority. I agree it's better for lunch than dinner, but there are so many great "upscale" dinner places Sabor would be fine for a very casual dinner if that's what you want.

There is really no need to RSVP, just go after the lunch rush. We went twice around 1:30, walked right in, and maybe three other tables were booked, and that was Spring break.

The only time I've seen it "busy" is when it is raining. Even 11-1 was fairly light. The hot dog line, on the other hand......

Good to know, we will probably try it during an early afternoon one day. I don't think there is even an option to make a reservation before boarding. Must be handled like Johnny Rockets, just show up and hope there is availability?

Good to know, we will probably try it during an early afternoon one day. I don't think there is even an option to make a reservation before boarding. Must be handled like Johnny Rockets, just show up and hope there is availability?

Correct, no pre-cruise reservations for lunch at specialty restaurants.

Living in Los Angeles, we have no shortage of great Mexican food. After our last meal at Sabor, we all decided they had one of, if not the, best guacamoles we'd ever had. The quesadillas are excellent too.

There was a bacon wrapped (I could stop here) chicken stuffed with Jalapeno, I would pay the $20 for by itself. Maybe with the guac.

• 2 weeks later...