Free water on Celebrity

allegrocontadino

The only free water around the ship IS around the ship (so to speak) :p and coming out of faucets. Actually, the water from the faucets is processed pretty much the same as most bottled water. The MDR, as all restaurants, will fill your water glass but not, I believe, give you bottled water unless you pay.

Also, remember to ask your stateroom attendant for an ice bucket and water pitcher for your cabin (no charge).

They are refilled twice daily, when they service the cabin, or more frequently upon request.

Or if you prefer, you can refill them yourself as you wish from the ice and water dispensers up at the buffet.

Thanks! I saw a couple of reviews saying that water was not available any more so I was a little bit worried!

They are referring to bottled water in aqua class cabins. You can have as much regular, non bottled water as you choose to drink. We also always ask for a pitcher of ice water in our cabin

I've read that bottled water is included with premium beverage package. We are hoping to take some off the ship on excursions. Is that possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've read that bottled water is included with premium beverage package. We are hoping to take some off the ship on excursions. Is that possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Bottled water is also included with the Classic drinks package, just not the premium ones, personally water is water to me and I hate sparkling water.

Yes, not only possible but encouraged.

For those without a beverage package, it is easy to use your water pitcher to refill your own water bottle with iced water to take off the ship.

The water coming out of the tap in your stateroom is distilled and probably better quality than the water in the bottles. Not sure why anyone would pay extra for bottled water.

The water coming out of the taps is NOT distilled. It is purified, such as what is done to bottled drinking water. Huge difference. And BTW it's delicious....as good as any bottled water.

Edited by Desertbelle

Water is free and available EVERYWHERE....every bar and eating venue offers ice water, and your tap has the same water...it just needs ice (as it will never "run cold") which is made from the same water....as is your food and beverages....

Water is water...as long as it's clean (which it is!) it's all your body needs.

The water coming out of the tap in your stateroom is distilled and probably better quality than the water in the bottles. Not sure why anyone would pay extra for bottled water.

After the water is desalinated, trace minerals must be added back into it. One of these is sodium. (Morton Salt is one of the leading manufacturers of water treatment additives.) It is unclear how much sodium content is in the drinking water onboard. For those who are sensitive to salt, or on sodium restricted diets, bottled water may be a wise choice.

If you ever experienced swelling, bloating or "cankles" on a cruise, it may not just be due to excess salt in the food. Simply switching to bottled water might help.

The water coming out of the taps is NOT distilled. It is purified, such as what is done to bottled drinking water. Huge difference. And BTW it's delicious....as good as any bottled water.

The water served is reverse osmosis purified. Better than distilled actually.

After the water is desalinated, trace minerals must be added back into it. One of these is sodium. (Morton Salt is one of the leading manufacturers of water treatment additives.) It is unclear how much sodium content is in the drinking water onboard. For those who are sensitive to salt, or on sodium restricted diets, bottled water may be a wise choice.

If you ever experienced swelling, bloating or "cankles" on a cruise, it may not just be due to excess salt in the food. Simply switching to bottled water might help.

I agree. When we first started cruising in 1999, we always drank the tap water onboard. After a few days, our hands and ankles swelled, and we finally realized that drinking bottled water helped the situation. Needless to say, it's bottled water for us now.

For what it is worth.. DW finds ship water too salty and it bothers her so she only drinks bottled water, don't even ask about coffee..... when we don't have a beverage package we bring a case or two of our own water onboard on day one. We treat it as checked luggage and just slap a tag on it and they deliver it to our cabin. Never had a problem yet..