How good is the wine in the premium package?

We are boarding the Oasis tomorrow and I'm curious about the quality of wine with in the premium package. If you were to buy the wine at the grocery store, do you think the wines are typically nine dollar a bottle wine or $20 a bottle types of wine?

I've been searching online to find feedback from other people but I haven't found any posts regarding how good the wine is included in this packages.

$20 bottles of wine on the ship cost about $4 in a grocery store....Wine is the worst value on a cruise! You'll get more "bang from your buck" from beer or mixed drinks.

Edited by cb at sea

The RC house wine used to be La Terre, which DH and I called 'La Terrible' and it truly earned that nickname. It has now changed to St Martin, I think. Or maybe Tisdale. It's an improvement over La Terrible, but it's not exactly fine wine, though it is at least drinkable. (You could probably buy either of those labels for $5 or so at home.) I wish they'd change to Three Buck Chuck as I like that better.:p

Judy

Thank you. Is that the most expensive wine which is included in the package? Generally speaking? Is that generally what I should expect?

The premium package includes wine up to $12 per glass. Here is an example of the MDR wine list:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49169635&postcount=39

Thank you for posting that link. That helps. I'm going to have to give some to try and see how they are I guess. If they aren't the best, I probably will be taking more to cocktails.

You're welcome.:)

I am picky on wine, but have had no problem finding something I like, sometimes specialty restaurants will have different selections and you can always order something above the 12 dollar limit and pay the difference which we only did once on last cruise , will get this agin on next 2 cruises