Infinity 2C or C3

gordylad

We were recently in the same situation having snagged a sweet 16 after final payment. C3's were only slightly more expensive, eventually AQ also came down in price so we grabbed one. Reason, bigger cabin on M class ship.

We decided a bigger cabin was more useful than a bigger balcony. Ours is a 15 night cruise so worthwhile.

It comes down to bigger cabin or bigger balcony!

The Sweet 16s have unobstructed views straight down to the water whereas the C3s are above the deck 6 suites or lifeboats with unobstructed views straight out. We did the Panama Canal and Norway/Iceland and preferred the Sweet 16 as going through the locks and Fiords was incredible with the view to the water. If it were the Caribbean or TA, I would take the C3 for the extra room. I would give up both in a heartbeat for a corner Family FV!

I am new to X but will be doing an Infinity Pacific Coastal. Which of the three types of cabins mentioned are the biggest? Also, what are the sweet 16 cabins? Thanks.

Sweet 16 cabins are the first 8 cabins each side on deck six forward. Balconies are double size. CC members named them the Sweet 16 because there are 16 of them.

Sweet16.jpg

Edited by Essiesmom

Sweet 16 cabins are the first 8 cabins each side on deck six forward. Balconies are double size. CC members named them the Sweet 16 because there are 16 of them.

Sweet16.jpg

Thanks! I will look into those cabins as well as the C1 Afts

If you are traveling with friends or family, I would take the bigger balcony as the regular sized balconies really only seat 2 people comfortably. If you are just going as 2 passengers, I would take the bigger room. On the plus side of getting the C3 category is that you will earn more captains club status points. If Aqua Class goes on sale ... I would so jump on that deal.

I agree with whomever mentioned this about the family verandas at the back of the ship. We were lucky enough to get one on the Infinity last fall....and a corner one to boot. Wow...it was an amazing experience. These are reserved for parties with at least 4 but maybe even 5 passengers. Someone canceled at the last minute and they allowed us to upgrade or should I say downgrade, as we were booked in a concierge cabin. We will never be so lucky again, I am sure but will hold onto those memories as being the best cabin we've ever had on any of our 50 cruises.