Disembarking - 11:20am Flight Time

Hi,

Another disembarking flight time question. We return from Allure and need to catch a flight back to Canada for 11:20am.

Would you go through main disembarking process or through self check out?

If we do self check out, DH would need to carry our main luggage as I have a bad back and can't lift heavy items.

As a note, we're a little worried as we are flying Air Transat and this is their only flight back that day (and even for the next few days as they don't run 7 days a week)

Edited by LuCruise

Hi,

Another disembarking flight time question. We return from Allure and need to catch a flight back to Canada for 11:20am.

If we do self check out, DH would need to carry our main luggage as I have a bad back and can't lift heavy items.

As a note, we're a little worried as we are flying Air Transat and this is their only flight back that day (and even for the next few days as they don't run 7 days a week)

Should be no problem. Just get yourself early debarkation tags. Cabin attendant was able to get very low ones for us by asking the day before debarkation.

Should be no problem. Just get yourself early debarkation tags. Cabin attendant was able to get very low ones for us by asking the day before debarkation.

I agree, plenty of time for regular disembarkation. They should be able to get off the ship before 9am with early tags.

I do not think you have a choice, the reason for the ?????,age unless you want to enjoy a few extra days in FLL. I do not see a problem with the time, but anything can happen.

I would go to guess services and ask for earliest luggage tags or if you are still able to carry off your own luggage ask for that option. There are some other things like luggage valet, which I know nothing about.

I do not think you have a choice, the reason for the ?????,age unless you want to enjoy a few extra days in FLL. I do not see a problem with the time, but anything can happen.

I would go to guess services and ask for earliest luggage tags or if you are still able to carry off your own luggage ask for that option. There are some other things like luggage valet, which I know nothing about.

Good idea about luggage valet, but unfortunately the OP could not do luggage valet because their airline does not participate in that program.

We have made flights at 10AM with lots of time to spare. Just walk your luggage off. The airport is no more than 10 minutes away by taxi.

I do not believe the OP should do self debarkation. She has mentioned having a bad back requiring her husband to carry both bags. Unless he is more talented than most, or they pack very, VERY efficiently, this doesn't fall under the expectation of easily being able to carry your own things off. I think it's rather selfish and irresponsible when people self debark with baggage they clearly can't easily handle getting around.

I'm from Canada as well and sailing on the Allure one week from today. When we originally booked our return flight with Air Canada, the flight was leaving at 11:25am. We planned on doing the self debarkation and that would get us to the airport in plenty of time. I researched this forum and folks who do self debarkation and take a cab to the airport are at the airport before 9:00. I think you will be fine. Since I booked AC changes my departure flight to 12:20 so we have plenty of time now.

When I did the online checkin with Royal a couple of months ago, I had to provide my flight details. When I entered my return flight for 11:25, it stopped me from continuing, it gave me a message that return flights cannot be booked before 11:30. I simply entered 11:30 at I was able to continue my online checkin. The point is that Royal recommends 11:30 as the earliest departure time. You are only 10 minutes earlier.

I do not believe the OP should do self debarkation. She has mentioned having a bad back requiring her husband to carry both bags. Unless he is more talented than most, or they pack very, VERY efficiently, this doesn't fall under the expectation of easily being able to carry your own things off. I think it's rather selfish and irresponsible when people self debark with baggage they clearly can't easily handle getting around.

Agreed here. Bags have to be handled for a fair distance (off the ship, through the terminal, through the luggage area, through immigration lines). The people fumbling their way with too many bags not only endanger their own physical safety, but they also back up the entire process for the people behind them.

Thanks for the replies. I should note that if we self disembark, then DH is able to handle our luggage. We're sticking to 2 bags that move easily on their wheels. My kids and I would handle the carryons. Our concern is that our airline runs only the one flight that day (and not again at all until later that week). In hindsight, we shouldn't have booked this airline, but it's already booked so it's done.

From the post below, it looks like it is an option to get off in the normal way if we request the first luggage tag (which I believe is 7:45am - 8am)

... From the post below, it looks like it is an option to get off in the normal way if we request the first luggage tag (which I believe is 7:45am - 8am)

Our experience was that the first luggage tags are scheduled to be called at 8:30am, which should still give you ample time. Just tell Guest Services you need to leave no later than 8:30am.

We got off Oasis 2 weeks ago and had a 11:15 flight - that is too early to do the Luggage Valet program. We had tags for 8:30 am and we had already scheduled a van to pick us up. We called as soon as we were outside and he picked us up in about 10 minutes. We were at the airport with plenty of time to spare. It's definitely doable. Good luck!

Thanks so much for the replies. We are flying to Canada anyways so I think that alone excludes us from the valet service. So sounds like it's still pretty doable as long as we have the first time to get off.

Thanks so much for the replies. We are flying to Canada anyways so I think that alone excludes us from the valet service. So sounds like it's still pretty doable as long as we have the first time to get off.

Canadians are able to utilize the luggage valet service. what excludes you from using it is your choice of airline. Air Transat does not participate in the program.

Canadians are able to utilize the luggage valet service. what excludes you from using it is your choice of airline. Air Transat does not participate in the program.

Ah OK..thanks for explaining.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

Hi,

You should have no problem.

Thank you all. We'll need to decide which we do. How long does disembarking typically take? i.e. If it starts at 8:30am and we are in that time slot, then what time can we expect to be walking into a taxi?

Normally we leave 3 hrs before our flight to give us lots of time, so if disembarking starts at 8:30, then the disembarking time starts the 3hr window.

Thank you all. We'll need to decide which we do. How long does disembarking typically take? i.e. If it starts at 8:30am and we are in that time slot, then what time can we expect to be walking into a taxi?

Normally we leave 3 hrs before our flight to give us lots of time, so if disembarking starts at 8:30, then the disembarking time starts the 3hr window.

With no unusual delays with customs, you should be outside the terminal less than 30 minutes after you start to walk off the ship.

While you likely will not have a problem I just want to mentioned two items.

It doesn't happen often but I thought I just read on a thread from this weekend that one of the ships experienced a late disembarkation. So no one can ever guarantee you won't have a problem . Odds are things will be fine but just wanted to mention that.

The other thing is do double check on the Air Canada Web Site what time you must be at the airport. I could be wrong (won't be first time) but in helping someone out on the Florida Departure Board a month or so ago who had an Air Canada Flight I thought I had gone to their airline site and found that check in was 2 hours prior to the flight. Again, I could be wrong but might be worth a check.

Keith

While you likely will not have a problem I just want to mentioned two items.

It doesn't happen often but I thought I just read on a thread from this weekend that one of the ships experienced a late disembarkation. So no one can ever guarantee you won't have a problem . Odds are things will be fine but just wanted to mention that.

The other thing is do double check on the Air Canada Web Site what time you must be at the airport. I could be wrong (won't be first time) but in helping someone out on the Florida Departure Board a month or so ago who had an Air Canada Flight I thought I had gone to their airline site and found that check in was 2 hours prior to the flight. Again, I could be wrong but might be worth a check.

Keith

They are flying on Air Transat not Air Canada. Air Transat is a Canadian "charter" airline.

We were on Allure in January flying back to Canada for 11:50. We did self assist, just grabbed our luggage and walked off the ship around 7:00. Was in line for customs 5 minutes later, through customs and in the shuttle to the airport 7:30-7:40. Had lots of time to have a leisurely breakfast at the airport after going through security, then just sat and waited for our flight. We had absolutely no problem, but I have heard of nightmares from others. I think the trick is to leave early, self assist lets you keep your luggage and not have to look for it in the morning.:)

When we returned to port on 3/6/16, there was a real problem with self disembark. Many, many people are trying to get off with more luggage than they can really handle which held up everyone else. Unless they can control how disembarking people handle their luggage, we would not do self assist.