American Table Menu/ Wine List

Cruisegirl6

Hello, does anybody have the copy for the American Table...we are going on the Magic and would love to check the menus out before hand so that we can choose our nights to the steakhouse.

Does anybody have the wine list other than the standard regular wine list that are at the bars, surely they must have better quality of wines?

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, does anybody have the copy for the American Table...we are going on the Magic and would love to check the menus out before hand so that we can choose our nights to the steakhouse.

Does anybody have the wine list other than the standard regular wine list that are at the bars, surely they must have better quality of wines?

Go to the Carnival website find the FAQ section and search for the word wine. One of the results should be the dinner menu wine list which is different from what is available at most of the on-board bars. My wife and I got the 3 premium wines for $99 and thought it was the best deal going. The wines were not bad. Do a little research before you get on the cruise to know what to order. Also remember that you can take 1 bottle per adult in your carry-on. The 5 bottles were all we needed for the entire trip. Enjoy.

https://help.carnival.com/ci/fattach/get/863/1434724103/redirect/1/filename/MWLF_1214.pdf

Thank you for that! Unfortunately I only drink pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc and whats available is very close to what you get at walmart ugh wished there was a better choice but its ok, I guess I drink martini's. :D

Hmm? I also enjoy Pinot Grigio and had several glasses at dinner on board the Miracle. I thought it went with the food quite well. I was not familiar with the particular brands available but was happy with my choice although not a whole bottle since one glass at dinner is enough for me!

Ferrari-Cerano, Duckhorn or Cloudy Bay are not Walmart wines. The by the glass options are pretty limited on Carnival for sure...since they are available at almost every bar throughout the ship. The waiters will keep any unused bottle for the next night however, making the bottle purchase a good idea.

try this link: https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1115/kw/magic%20steakhouse

not sure if thats what your looking for.

when do you sail on the magic?

18 June for this guy

We were on the Glory in March and I was kind of disappointed in the wine selection both in the bars and in the MDR. The main brand they carry is the Cupcake which I do not like at all. I never really found a good red wine after a week on the cruise but a few pino grigio's that were okay. They need to up their selections.

• 4 weeks later...

They really do need to up their game a bit on this.

They have a much nicer wine list in the Steakhouse and it is 50% off the first night and the first elegant night (you can get the free bottle but it isn't very good)

We have found the J. Lohr cab in the MDR to be quite acceptable.

• 1 month later...

Looking for Magic 7 day menus...will be on her in Aug. I found other American Table menus but not any that are port specific for our cruise (since they have a port section on the menus). Ours is going to Grand Turk, DR, St Thomas, San Juan. Anywhere we can see the menus? Used to look at Zydecruiser's site but that doesn't appear to be updated.

Looking for Magic 7 day menus...will be on her in Aug. I found other American Table menus but not any that are port specific for our cruise (since they have a port section on the menus). Ours is going to Grand Turk, DR, St Thomas, San Juan. Anywhere we can see the menus? Used to look at Zydecruiser's site but that doesn't appear to be updated.

I have those menus from the Glory with the exception of DR.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2322315

Edited by firemanbobswife

Ok, here's a dumb question from someone who only gets to cruise every 4 to 5 years. What is the American Table? Is it a separate dining room or just a separate menu in the main dining rooms. I looked it up on Carnivals website but it just explains the concept and shows sample menus. If is in a separate dining area, do you need reservations?

Let me help you out. Go to the Steakhouse on formal night (first formal night so you get free wine or 50% off a bottle). Trust me. Unless you REALLY enjoy getting all dressed up and eating the MDR, go to the Steakhouse. You will have NO WAIT (assuming you make the reservation) and can still get nicely dressed if you want. The American Table menu on formal night is SMALL. Like, shockingly small. It has far less options than any other night, I assume because they get so busy that night that they need to keep the kitchen moving. I will never set foot in MDR again on formal night after this last cruise.

American Table is a new menu and concept they are using on some ships and eventually rolling out to all the ships. It is really not that different but if you cruise constantly on Carnival you will notice changes from their old menus. It is not a different eating area or restaurant, it is still the MDR.

Edited by BigB0882

Thanks. Really wasn't sure what it was. I know that we will do the steakhouse but since we are traveling with 2 other couples not really sure when. If it was up to me, we would probably do it every night.