My Cruise Docs are here!

ckrobyn

SO excited! Our cruise documents for our Disney Dream cruise arrived yesterday and what a nice little booklet complete with pre-printed luggage tags (I forgot how how much I liked this since RCI did away with it several years ago)...

The countdown is on :p:p

We are especially looking forward to our cabin which is a huge aft balcony!!!

Question: We have heard that dinner in the dining room(s) is not that great on Pirate night. Is the Cabana Buffet open for dinner, and if so, what are the times?

SO excited! Our cruise documents for our Disney Dream cruise arrived yesterday and what a nice little booklet complete with pre-printed luggage tags (I forgot how how much I liked this since RCI did away with it several years ago)...

The countdown is on :p:p

We are especially looking forward to our cabin which is a huge aft balcony!!!

Question: We have heard that dinner in the dining room(s) is not that great on Pirate night. Is the Cabana Buffet open for dinner, and if so, what are the times?

The buffet area is open for dinner. However, it's a sit-down table service, with a menu of selected items from the menus available in the other MDRs that evening. So you won't get away from the Pirate menu by going there.

Personally, I like the Pirate menu. If you search "Disney cruise menus" you'll get a link to where you can see the various menus. You could check out the Pirate menu yourself and see if there's anything that looks good to you.

The food in Cabanas is the same as the food in the dining room. On signature menu nights, they choose 2 entrees from each menu. On theme nights, Cabanas serves items from the same theme menu.

Cabanas is a sit down, cruise casual location at dinner, not a buffet. The selections are a little more limited than in the main dining room. The atmosphere is great.

Obviously some people like the pirate menu. You ought to try it since this is your first DCL cruise and you have so few nights.

Edited by moki'smommy

I'm on your cruise and just got docs too!

We thought pirate night was fine. Unlike some of the menus, there weren't multiple options I had a hard time choosing between for each course, but I thought the food was fine. The atmosphere was also fun.

Remember that, even if you aren't totally stuffed after dinner, you can always get quick service by the pool, snacks at vista or cove cafe, order room service, and there is a late night buffet after the fireworks.

Edited by TestingH2O

The food in Cabanas is the same as the food in the dining room. On signature menu nights' date=' they choose 2 entrees from each menu. On theme nights, Cabanas serves items from the same theme menu.

Cabanas is a sit down, cruise casual location at dinner, not a buffet. The selections are a little more limited than in the main dining room. The atmosphere is great.

Obviously some people like the pirate menu. You ought to try it since this is your first DCL cruise and you have so few nights.[/quote']

Thanks, we will probably try the dining room. I have been on 4 night cruises before, and I don't feel as if it is that short - certainly enough time to enjoy! :D

Edited by ckrobyn

I'm on your cruise and just got docs too!

We thought pirate night was fine. Unlike some of the menus, there weren't multiple options I had a hard time choosing between for each course, but I thought the food was fine. The atmosphere was also fun.

Remember that, even if you aren't totally stuffed after dinner, you can always get quick service by the pool, snacks at vista or cove cafe, order room service, and there is a late night buffet after the fireworks.

Awesome!!! See you onboard!!!

I think we are leaning towards trying the dining room......you're right, we can always grab a snack later.....

The pot stickers that night are my favorite thing ever! And the staff does some fun stuff including making napkin hats for everyone at the table. It's a fun night at dinner

I'm a fan of pot stickers - so........lol......sold! ;)