Escape Review - Short and Sweet - March 19 - 26

big bro

Background - 12th cruise for us, 8 on Princess, 3 on RCCL and this is first on NCL. We are 42 and 44

Embarkation - Simple, Quick and Easy for getting 4500 plus people onto a boat. If you don't want to wait, don't show up long before you are supposed to

Room - Balcony, 11th floor. Of course they are tight but what we expected and no different than any of the other 11 balcony rooms we have had, although the shower seemed a little more spacious and had glass enclosure rather than the cheesy shower curtail all the others had.

Buffet - we only ate breakfast a few times here and a few lunches. All was very good for buffet food on a mass market ship. if you want 5 star don't eat at the buffet.

Main Dining Room - Food was excellent. Many choices and service was great.

Specialty Restaurants - We did Tepanyaki and Cagneys. Tepanyaki was a good time and the food was awesome. Lots of small portions but we were stuffed when we left. We ate at Cagneys twice and each time food and service were excellent. We tried to get into La Cucina but were unable as they were always booked solid. They seemed to have over sold the Ultimate Dining Package as it was almost impossible to get a reservation after the first day.

Pool: We spent most of the week up at the main pool / pool bar. Pool was very busy as it was spring break but we never had to wait more than a few minutes for a drink or a bar stool. College partiers were fun to watch, nothing every got to crazy or out of hand (depending on your tolerance)

Overall we had a great cruise. I read a lot of reviews and often wonder how so many people can find so much to complain about....? this was our 12th cruise and I cant remember one thing that was ever really worth complaining about. The only thing we ever notice is the manners or lack thereof of some people. Also something that really pisses me off is those that do not wash there hands before leaving the washroom! if this is you, you should be thrown overboard :)

Thanks for your review! We enjoyed the Escape also and have already booked it again. It's been years since we have been on RCCL and we haven't tried Princess so it was interesting to hear your comparisons. We enjoy NCL and the whole 'free style' type of cruise.

Background - 12th cruise for us, 8 on Princess, 3 on RCCL and this is first on NCL. We are 42 and 44

Embarkation - Simple, Quick and Easy for getting 4500 plus people onto a boat. If you don't want to wait, don't show up long before you are supposed to

Room - Balcony, 11th floor. Of course they are tight but what we expected and no different than any of the other 11 balcony rooms we have had, although the shower seemed a little more spacious and had glass enclosure rather than the cheesy shower curtail all the others had.

Buffet - we only ate breakfast a few times here and a few lunches. All was very good for buffet food on a mass market ship. if you want 5 star don't eat at the buffet.

Main Dining Room - Food was excellent. Many choices and service was great.

Specialty Restaurants - We did Tepanyaki and Cagneys. Tepanyaki was a good time and the food was awesome. Lots of small portions but we were stuffed when we left. We ate at Cagneys twice and each time food and service were excellent. We tried to get into La Cucina but were unable as they were always booked solid. They seemed to have over sold the Ultimate Dining Package as it was almost impossible to get a reservation after the first day.

Pool: We spent most of the week up at the main pool / pool bar. Pool was very busy as it was spring break but we never had to wait more than a few minutes for a drink or a bar stool. College partiers were fun to watch, nothing every got to crazy or out of hand (depending on your tolerance)

Overall we had a great cruise. I read a lot of reviews and often wonder how so many people can find so much to complain about....? this was our 12th cruise and I cant remember one thing that was ever really worth complaining about. The only thing we ever notice is the manners or lack thereof of some people. Also something that really pisses me off is those that do not wash there hands before leaving the washroom! if this is you, you should be thrown overboard :)

Maybe it is me getting older but I seem to notice this a lot more lately!

Thanks for the review!

Thank you for another Escape review. The lack of manners always amazes me. I can't tell you how many times people have told me and my son at how they are amazed at his good manners and politeness. Any-who.... I am glad you had a great vacation.

Thanks for the short & sweet. Really looking forward to my first cruise!

Can anyone tell me what people generally do during the day by the pool with say their Kindle and/or cell phone? I'm not really sure what to do with it when I go for a hop in the water or down the slides. Are there lockers near the pool?

Thanks for the short & sweet. Really looking forward to my first cruise!

Can anyone tell me what people generally do during the day by the pool with say their Kindle and/or cell phone? I'm not really sure what to do with it when I go for a hop in the water or down the slides. Are there lockers near the pool?

I think most people put the kindle under their towel and go swim. Maybe I should be more worried, but generally things are safe.