Riviera 4/3 to 4/11 ?? Where will she be?

RJB

So, Can your fortune 100 company with a lot of money cure the Noro. I am sure they will be quite unhappy if the code red continues. Someone with billions probably expects much more than us peons. Or maybe we all expect pretty much the same things. Hope the ship finally gets cleaned since after your charter the rest of us will be sailing again. Have a safe trip with all the sickness gone.

Thanks RJB.I didn't include the entire email.You will like this part from the company."We have also engaged independent medical experts to advise us on the adequacy of the ships response and to provide recommendations on any additional measures to be undertaken prior to our group boarding the ship".It would not be good to get your best producers sick.

Edited by johnmik1

Thanks RJB.I didn't include the entire email.You will like this part from the company."We have also engaged independent medical experts to advise us on the adequacy of the ships response and to provide recommendations on any additional measures to be undertaken prior to our group boarding the ship".It would not be good to get your best producers sick.

Thank you...and your lovely company ...hope you have it all cleared up for our april 25 arrival. [emoji12][emoji12]

We are now boarding at 3:00.

Therefore the multi-day clean-up promised to you now is 4 hours as you would normally board at 11:00. Significatly less time than the 2 day early for the last "deep" cleaning that resulted in more noro cruises.

Good luck and hope you have a wonderful cruies and hope the extra 4 hours is sufficient to find and fix the source of the noro.

Therefore the multi-day clean-up promised to you now is 4 hours as you would normally board at 11:00. Significatly less time than the 2 day early for the last "deep" cleaning that resulted in more noro cruises.

Good luck and hope you have a wonderful cruies and hope the extra 4 hours is sufficient to find and fix the source of the noro.

No one promised me anything.If you look at my past cruises,you will see that I might have had some code reds in my past.The numerous ships I have been on normally arrive back in port around 5:00 to 6:00 AM and the cleaning begins.I have been up early on disembarkation day and have seen crews doing some real deep cleaning at 3:00 AM.They do what they can but can't stop sick embarking passengers.I never touch any hand railings and don't normally use the elevators.I wash my hands often and never bring my hands near my face if I have touched anything.Certain ships seem to have bad luck with the virus but I can't imagine any cruise line not doing all they can to stop this problem.They could take this ship out of service for a week and still have the same issues.My glass is half full and I plan I enjoying myself.JMHO

No one promised me anything.If you look at my past cruises,you will see that I might have had some code reds in my past.The numerous ships I have been on normally arrive back in port around 5:00 to 6:00 AM and the cleaning begins.I have been up early on disembarkation day and have seen crews doing some real deep cleaning at 3:00 AM.They do what they can but can't stop sick embarking passengers.I never touch any hand railings and don't normally use the elevators.I wash my hands often and never bring my hands near my face if I have touched anything.Certain ships seem to have bad luck with the virus but I can't imagine any cruise line not doing all they can to stop this problem.They could take this ship out of service for a week and still have the same issues.My glass is half full and I plan I enjoying myself.JMHO

Appears you posted the following:

Today, 07:48 AM

Cool Cruiser

We were advised on Tuesday that our charter group,embarking Sunday,would be delayed slightly as the vessel will undergo a comprehensive,multi-day sanitation procedure under the close supervision of the CDC prior to our embarkation.

Would assume much of what you posted would occur without passengers on board much like the 2 day early arrival of Riviera last month for a comprehensive multi-day sanitation procedure. Difficult for CDC to provide close supervision before arrival in Miami as there are no reports from on-board about this comprehensive multi-day satination procedure. Reports do show sanitation being performed on board but, much the same as many cruises starting last November.

Appears you posted the following:

Today, 07:48 AM

Cool Cruiser

We were advised on Tuesday that our charter group,embarking Sunday,would be delayed slightly as the vessel will undergo a comprehensive,multi-day sanitation procedure under the close supervision of the CDC prior to our embarkation.

Would assume much of what you posted would occur without passengers on board much like the 2 day early arrival of Riviera last month for a comprehensive multi-day sanitation procedure. Difficult for CDC to provide close supervision before arrival in Miami as there are no reports from on-board about this comprehensive multi-day satination procedure. Reports do show sanitation being performed on board but, much the same as many cruises starting last November.

You assumed something and were wrong!Why in the world are you concerned about my cruise unless you just like to hear yourself talk?

I am sure with all the extra help that things will be back to normal when you board and you will have a great cruise. Should also make the ship better for all the cruises that follow yours. We look forward to being on in July with a great staff and great ship. Again, Safe healthy cruise. :):):)

Just curious...someone mentioned that probability.

Would make more sense if Riviera were taken out of service and given the most thorough sanitization possible...after all it is about to embark on a long transatlantic voyage on the 11th and then a full Med season...

Is the upcoming Riviera charter a gay cruise?

Would make more sense if Riviera were taken out of service and given the most thorough sanitization possible...after all it is about to embark on a long transatlantic voyage on the 11th and then a full Med season...

Does this matter??

However, from earlier in this thread:

I can guarantee you that this charter is the farthest thing from a swingers group that you will ever find.Think Fortune 100.

FWIW,

As posted elsewhere, it's the Marina in FP that will be chartered to Atlantis - a gay cruise company.

Also a gay charter would never limit the capacity. Their goal is to sell the ship out at the highest possible yield. Frankly I would not want to sail on RIVIERA with so few passengers. Even with a full ship it was very, very quiet. I often wondered where everyone was.

I'm sure in time we will discover who the charterer is. I'm tempted to swing by the pier and see if there are any company banners hanging from the ship or pier side. That is usually the case with full ship company charters. If capacity is limited I'm guessing this is some sort of incentive award for the company's best performing employees.

FWIW,

As posted elsewhere, it's the Marina in FP that will be chartered to Atlantis - a gay cruise company.

It was posted that the Marina was chartered to a swingers group. That would not make it a gay group. I don't care which one it is since I have not been invited to either, but we are talking apples to oranges here. :confused::confused::confused:

Looks like the problem continues as the CDC is showing almost 9% passengers and crew sics with Noro. At this I would not like to be the fortune 100 company with the charter leaving tomorrow. Paying a lot of money to go on a possibly sick ship. Scare the c.... out of me. On another note I would not be happy doing a crossing on the Riviera in 10 days. 6 days at sea with no place to go. Could be a real bummer.

It was posted that the Marina was chartered to a swingers group. That would not make it a gay group. I don't care which one it is since I have not been invited to either, but we are talking apples to oranges here. :confused::confused::confused:

Again - please read the posts more carefully before disagreeing.

See post #12 above :)

I did. Check out post 14. It disagrees with #12. Either way it does not matter. I was not invited.

I did. Check out post 14. It disagrees with #12. Either way it does not matter. I was not invited.

Maybe not carefully enough :)

The difference being that post #12 is talking about MARINA (clearly indicated by me in #36) and post #14 is speculating about RIVIERA - different ships, different charters.

Maybe not carefully enough :)

The difference being that post #12 is talking about MARINA (clearly indicated by me in #36) and post #14 is speculating about RIVIERA - different ships, different charters.

O.K.

We are on the transatlantic commencing April 11. It would be really helpful if anyone on the private charters could post and let us know if things have settled down or whether there is still a code red in effect.

We are not getting any help from our travel agent and Oceania will only deal with agents if you have one.

I am sure you can understand there is anxiety about the transatlantic which involves many days at sea...

Great post. I am watching Riviera sitting at her berth in Port Of Miami now. Hope you leave soon and you have a good safe cruise. Need to only hear good things. :):):)

We are on the transatlantic commencing April 11. It would be really helpful if anyone on the private charters could post and let us know if things have settled down or whether there is still a code red in effect.

We are not getting any help from our travel agent and Oceania will only deal with agents if you have one.x

I am sure you can understand there is anxiety about the transatlantic which involves many days at sea...

We are now aboard and everything seems to be fine.Great cruise so far!