Please tell me about the Canary Islands -

Someone on our roll call is organizing a private tour in Tenerife for 12 people! Yay - no rental car or big bus! :D

Will be in Tenerife in December and looking for a private tour - can you give me the name of your tour guide, info., etc.?

Thanks!

Bonnie

We were in Tenerife, Canary Islands in December of last year. We LOVED it! We had the best tour guide EVER! She took us to the best lunch place too! If you want her name, let me know. I will be happy to get it for you!! Many people on our ship LOVED the shopping! The walk out of the Pier area is pretty far if your ship is the last one there. Let me know, mardi berry

Lifeizgr8 - will you please forward the name and contact information for your tourguide in Tenerife. Please send it to jade99961@yahoo.com

Thank you!

Lifeizgr8 - will you please forward the name and contact information for your tourguide in Tenerife. Please send it to jade99961@yahoo.com

Thank you!

I expect that the reason you all have not been getting a response is that Dave and Mardi have discontinued the link to this thread

I overcame the problem by using the Web site tools, went to members list and scrolled down their postings to see one post with their e-mail address- daveandmardi@comcast.net

The contact that she gave me was Patricia H. Little [patricialittle@hotmail.com]

Her guide tariff for an 8 hour day is set at 230 Euros

DEAN

I must stand corrected about rooms with a Terrace. We took a look at the Colon's website and they do have some rooms with a Terrace (never noticed them when we were at the hotel). Glad this info was posted on this thread cause we will certainly try to get that kind of room on our next visit :)

Hank

• 3 weeks later...
This is the tour company we are using in Tenerife: http://www.orangebus.eu/cruise_ship.asp

Hey Nancy,

Remember me, we did the Normandy tour with you on the Solstice April 09. We are on a TA next May (2011) stopping in Tenerife. Sent an email to the orange bus for information. Let me know how you like their tour. See your name pop up occasionally on the boards and fondly recall the day we spent with Eric on those beaches. Hope you are enjoying all your travels.

Regards,

Joyce

joyces31ataoldotcom

I'm the one that is organizing the tour on 12/5/10, NancyIL is on my tour. I found the "Orange bus" on the Internet with no CC recommendations but since it was the only one I could find, I started my inquiries. Long story short, they wanted their money up front, or a credit card guarantee. The problem with the last was that they wanted "sufficient notice" if our ship was not going to dock so they could reassign their van. Well, last year we found out at 8:00AM we were not going to dock at Portofino. Monte Carlo took us 2 hours until the Captain made a go at it....and stay within the city for the 3 long blasts in case we had to leave quickly. So thank you to DGF (Dean and Gayle) who posted about Patricia Little's recommendation, I jumped on it. She has been very responsive and I will post on our results when I return. Just food for thought about the first operator.

I'm the one that is organizing the tour on 12/5/10, NancyIL is on my tour. I found the "Orange bus" on the Internet with no CC recommendations but since it was the only one I could find, I started my inquiries. Long story short, they wanted their money up front, or a credit card guarantee. The problem with the last was that they wanted "sufficient notice" if our ship was not going to dock so they could reassign their van. Well, last year we found out at 8:00AM we were not going to dock at Portofino. Monte Carlo took us 2 hours until the Captain made a go at it....and stay within the city for the 3 long blasts in case we had to leave quickly. So thank you to DGF (Dean and Gayle) who posted about Patricia Little's recommendation, I jumped on it. She has been very responsive and I will post on our results when I return. Just food for thought about the first operator.

Thanks Savannahrose so much for the heads up. Have now emailed Pat Little also. This is what I love about the CC boards. Everyone is so helpful. I enjoy our cruises twice as much since joining. BTW on my own computer I log in as Mrs Cheech but when on DH's laptop, it only lets me use his sign in of Cheech31 but either way, it is still me (he only lurks).

Joyce

Hey Nancy,

Remember me, we did the Normandy tour with you on the Solstice April 09. We are on a TA next May (2011) stopping in Tenerife. Sent an email to the orange bus for information. Let me know how you like their tour. See your name pop up occasionally on the boards and fondly recall the day we spent with Eric on those beaches. Hope you are enjoying all your travels.

Regards,

Joyce

joyces31ataoldotcom

Hi, Joyce! Actually - we were on the same Normandy tour with you and Frank on the Constellation in September 2009! ;) (One of my all-time favorite cruises!) We're also on the AOS Transatlantic cruise, except ours is this November. We have an eastern Med cruise booked on the Equinox for 10/20/11, so I'm crossing my fingers for John to ok that one!

As savannahrose mentioned, we are now touring Tenerife with Patricia Little instead of the Orange Bus. I'll be sure to report about our private tours on that cruise when we return.

Hi, Joyce! Actually - we were on the same Normandy tour with you and Frank on the Constellation in September 2009! ;) (One of my all-time favorite cruises!) We're also on the AOS Transatlantic cruise, except ours is this November. We have an eastern Med cruise booked on the Equinox for 10/20/11, so I'm crossing my fingers for John to ok that one!

As savannahrose mentioned, we are now touring Tenerife with Patricia Little instead of the Orange Bus. I'll be sure to report about our private tours on that cruise when we return.

Nancy

My mistake, yes it was the Sept, not April TA. I guess I'm showing my age . I have already heard back from Patricia Little and look forward to hearing how it went for your group. We are doing another TA next May but on RCI out of San Juan as it held a different itinerary than our previous crossings. We also are going to try the Silhouette 11/11 as it will do a round trip from Bayonne, NJ (only a 20 minute car ride for us). Keep in touch.

Joyce

Nancy

My mistake, yes it was the Sept, not April TA. I guess I'm showing my age . I have already heard back from Patricia Little and look forward to hearing how it went for your group. We are doing another TA next May but on RCI out of San Juan as it held a different itinerary than our previous crossings. We also are going to try the Silhouette 11/11 as it will do a round trip from Bayonne, NJ (only a 20 minute car ride for us). Keep in touch.

Joyce

That's what I meant when I said we are also on an AOS (Adventure of the Seas) Transatlantic - but ours is next month. All of the ports are new to us - including Barcelona. I can't wait!

It's not that you're old, but that you did two Celebrity TA cruises last year! :D

• 2 months later...

My short review as promised. We were on a TA on the AOS. We used Patricia (Patsy) Little for our private tour (16). She is an expat and provided a driver and van. It was a great tour! She was prompt with the pick-up (8:30 AM), had a roomy van, we could have seated at least 4 more comfortably, and off we were for the day. We first stopped at La Laguna and an informative walking tour. Then on to Mount Tiede - and a trip it was - the wind was howling, the bus was rocking BUT we made it! A short lunch stop for LOADS of tapas and wine or coffee. Then a leisurely trip down the valley of La Oratavo and a drive through Puerto de la Cruz. We did not stop there, but it was offered. We were back to the port a little after 3:40 PM. If you have any questions contact me at whitejn@comcast.net. Patsy can be reached at patricialittle@hotmail.com - PLEASE tell her Christie recommended her!

Will be aboard Adventure of the Seas November 2011 that stops in Lanzarote and La Palma and wonder if anyone has any independent tour operators that you could suggest on those two islands. We also stop in Tenerife but I am somewhat familiar with it.

Thanks.

Will be aboard Adventure of the Seas November 2011 that stops in Lanzarote and La Palma and wonder if anyone has any independent tour operators that you could suggest on those two islands. We also stop in Tenerife but I am somewhat familiar with it.

Thanks.

We used La Palma Taxi in La Palma and they did a very nice job. If you don't speak any Spanish, reserve early and ask for an English speaking driver/guide - most don't speak English. Antonio was our driver and he did speak English and was so good with my 83 year old Mom who was with me, so you might want to request him. We loved our day in La Palma.

You can find them at:

http://taxilapalma.com/private-taxi-tours.html

We did a shortened version of the South East tour, since my Mom has difficulty walking long distances.

Happy planning!

We used La Palma Taxi in La Palma and they did a very nice job. If you don't speak any Spanish, reserve early and ask for an English speaking driver/guide - most don't speak English. Antonio was our driver and he did speak English and was so good with my 83 year old Mom who was with me, so you might want to request him. We loved our day in La Palma.

You can find them at:

http://taxilapalma.com/private-taxi-tours.html

We did a shortened version of the South East tour, since my Mom has difficulty walking long distances.

Happy planning!

Thanks. I will certainly contact them.

Spanish is my language so that is not a problem.

Regards.

• 3 weeks later...

Savannahrose, thanks for your review of your tour in Tenerife. Could you give me an idea of what Patsy charges for the tour? We'll be there in April 2011 on the Costa Atlantica, but so far not many have signed in on our roll call so I don't have contacts to put together a group. This is our first TA and first visit to Tenerife so I'm looking for ideas of what to do in the new ports we'll visit.

Archived