Concierge Class guarantee

aroncido

Hi everyone!

We are planning a cruise on the Silhouette this summer. We currently have two C3 class cabins on courtesy hold, one forward port side, other mid-aft starboard side, both on deck 10. However, today Celebrity offered a Concierge Class guaranteed stateroom (we are booking concierge class because that is the cheapest unobstructed cabin right now). It seems logical for us to drop the mid-aft cabin for a guaranteed one, here's my thinking:

- We could get another cabin on deck 10, either closer to the forward side, which we prefer, or with an oversized balcony.

- We could get another cabin in a similar position either on deck 9, 11 or 12, which doesn't seem to matter.

- We could get an aft-facing cabin, which sounds very nice.

However, the reviews on our current cabin are good and we are afraid to drop it for something that might be considerably worse. (We have never booked a guarantee before.) Some of the deck 12 cabins have both "perfect" and "noisy" reviews. Are there "bad" C-class cabins on the Silhouette? Should we keep what we have or should we roll the dice?

Thanks for all your help!

What is the savings? Only you know if it is worth it. We have booked many guarantees, but, in doing so I know I may be assigned the worst room on the ship. It's always a gamble. With this said, if you are booked with Celebrity US, or a US TA, you can sometimes change the room within the same category after your room is assigned.

Marie

What is the savings? Only you know if it is worth it. We have booked many guarantees, but, in doing so I know I may be assigned the worst room on the ship. It's always a gamble. With this said, if you are booked with Celebrity US, or a US TA, you can sometimes change the room within the same category after your room is assigned.

Marie

It's the same price as the hand-picked C3 cabin. I just don't know if there IS a worst Concierge-class room on the ship. Also, I forgot to add that there are no other C3 class cabins available, os we either take those two I mentioned, or the guarantee.

Edited by aroncido

It's the same price as the hand-picked C3 cabin. I just don't know if there IS a worst Concierge-class room on the ship. Also, I forgot to add that there are no other C3 class cabins available, os we either take those two I mentioned, or the guarantee.

If there are no other C3 available, wouldn't the GTY get you into a C2 then for the price of a C3?

Edited by clojacks

If there are no other C3 available, wouldn't the GTY get you into a C2 then for the price of a C3?

The one we are holding right now would free up, so there would be at least 1 C3 available afterwards. And cancellations also happen I guess.

Remember, the CC Guarantee will get you extra points, if that matters to you.

I'm quite close to level 4 on 2 separate lines, so I do watch points.

I personally would take the CC guarantee, for the same price.

Remember, the CC Guarantee will get you extra points, if that matters to you.

I'm quite close to level 4 on 2 separate lines, so I do watch points.

I personally would take the CC guarantee, for the same price.

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear enough. I already have a concierge class cabin on courtesy hold, and I am thinking of switching it over to a concierge class guarantee, since I'm thinking I can only benefit from the guarantee. That is the point I am not sure of.

I suppose you didn't mean the CC guarantee giving me more points than a normal CC cabin.

Booking a guarantee in "hopes" of being upgraded can come back to bite you. I've booked a number of guarantees and sometimes I wind up in the lowest category and other times I've been bumped up a bit.

Unless there are savings to be had or you don't like any of the cabins you can currently book, I see no point in taking the risk (just my opinion). Hoping for an aft of upgrade is nice, but the reality is you stand a very low chance of that happening.

Booking a guarantee in "hopes" of being upgraded can come back to bite you. I've booked a number of guarantees and sometimes I wind up in the lowest category and other times I've been bumped up a bit.

Unless there are savings to be had or you don't like any of the cabins you can currently book, I see no point in taking the risk (just my opinion). Hoping for an aft of upgrade is nice, but the reality is you stand a very low chance of that happening.

Thanks for your help!

I understand that I will probably still end up in the C3 category, I just thought there is not much to lose: my current cabin (1158) is placed rather close to the aft (dispreferred). But it's surrounded by other cabins and seems a to be in a good spot, so I'll probably settle with it.

There are obstructed view C cabins. There are also almost positive there are several other cabins that show as occupied that are held back from the inventory. Taking a GTY and giving up a C3 you are happy with for no $$ IMO is crazy. There are far worse like right by an elevator or having a crew service door across the hall slamming 24/7.

There are obstructed view C cabins. There are also almost positive there are several other cabins that show as occupied that are held back from the inventory. Taking a GTY and giving up a C3 you are happy with for no $$ IMO is crazy. There are far worse like right by an elevator or having a crew service door across the hall slamming 24/7.

Thanks! I guess I really went crazy during all the planning. I'll just take the cabin I have, should be amazing!

Thank you everyone for your suggestions!

Marie

We are booked on a 12 night in July. Went on their website and literally stumbled on a concierge class guarantee for $440 less than what we were paying for a 1A cabin. With thoughts of an upgrade to the penthouse suite I changed our booking.

Have heard that cabin assignments aren't made in some cases as late as checkin. Much to my surprised within an hour we were assigned a cabin. Not the best location but not the worst either. So we ended up saving $440 and getting upgraded to CC class.

I went back to the website two hours later and a note flashed up that there no more CC cabins available.

Edited by PoppyandNana

We are booked on a 12 night in July. Went on their website and literally stumbled on a concierge class guarantee for $440 less than what we were paying for a 1A cabin. With thoughts of an upgrade to the penthouse suite I changed our booking.

Have heard that cabin assignments aren't made in some cases as late as checkin. Much to my surprised within an hour we were assigned a cabin. Not the best location but not the worst either. So we ended up saving $440 and getting upgraded to CC class.

I went back to the website two hours later and a note flashed up that there no more CC cabins available.

Congratulations!!!

Hi everyone!

We are planning a cruise on the Silhouette this summer. We currently have two C3 class cabins on courtesy hold, one forward port side, other mid-aft starboard side, both on deck 10. However, today Celebrity offered a Concierge Class guaranteed stateroom (we are booking concierge class because that is the cheapest unobstructed cabin right now). It seems logical for us to drop the mid-aft cabin for a guaranteed one, here's my thinking:

- We could get another cabin on deck 10, either closer to the forward side, which we prefer, or with an oversized balcony.

- We could get another cabin in a similar position either on deck 9, 11 or 12, which doesn't seem to matter.

- We could get an aft-facing cabin, which sounds very nice.

However, the reviews on our current cabin are good and we are afraid to drop it for something that might be considerably worse. (We have never booked a guarantee before.) Some of the deck 12 cabins have both "perfect" and "noisy" reviews. Are there "bad" C-class cabins on the Silhouette? Should we keep what we have or should we roll the dice?

Thanks for all your help!

We got Concierge GTY twice because we didn't want to spend extra money for the same... First time selection was so-so, we got 1002 (first cabin from the bridge). It was fun to watch captain on the bridge. It was long walk but it was ok with us. The second time it was perfect location mid ship close to elevator.

Take into account that if you switch to GTY, you will loose all perks.