Embassy Suites 17th Street

KPfromCT

We will be flying in on 6/10, and staying one night prior to our Oasis cruise.

My initial thought was to get a car for the day, and drop off the morning of the cruise.

Is there a lot within walking distance, ie; restaurants, shops, etc?

If so, I am thinking we'll skip the rental car.

We will spend most of the day at the pool and then probably just head out for a nice dinner.

Seafood restaurant recommendations in the area?:D:o

Thank you!!!!

If you have a full day, consider taking the Sun Trolley (http://www.suntrolley) to the beach and/or Las Olas Boulevard (http://www.lasolasboulevard.com). The fare is cheap ($1 per ride or $3 for a full day pass) and its terminus is in the Harbor Shops shopping center directly behind the Embassy Suites. If you have time, I recommend taking the water taxi (http://www.watertaxi.com) from the Hilton Marina - it is both a means of transportation and a narrated tour. Check out http://www.sunny.org for more info on restaurants, attractions and transportation.

I don't think you need a car. We took the Sun Trolley to the beach and walked across the street to Duffy's for dinner. Duffy's is more of a sports bar, but there other places to eat in the area. The Embassy Suites has a free reception in the evening with free beer and wine and a free hot breakfast.

The hotel is pretty inside and out, the rooms while show a little wear are clean and comfortable. It is a busy place and the elevators can be slow but we weren't in a hurry.

They have a shuttle but it is about $7-8 per person, a cab is cheaper most times.

We will be flying in on 6/10, and staying one night prior to our Oasis cruise.

My initial thought was to get a car for the day, and drop off the morning of the cruise.

Is there a lot within walking distance, ie; restaurants, shops, etc?

If so, I am thinking we'll skip the rental car.

We will spend most of the day at the pool and then probably just head out for a nice dinner.

Seafood restaurant recommendations in the area?:D:o

Thank you!!!!

The two places that come right to mind in walking distance are south port raw and the outback went to both four weeks ago south port has sea food and it was very good and the outback is the outback that being said it was fine:)

15th street Fisheries are a walk or very short cab ride away. Right on the intercoastal waterway, they have Tarpin fish to feed, I have been there twice, going back again when we stay in November. One of the top stops on the water taxi

Edited by myfuzzy

Do they offer a shuttle to the port, or are we better off taking a taxi?

We have always had princess tranfers but i do believe that the embassy dose offer a free shuttle or at least thay did in the past thay have a taxi /tranfer desk next to check in desk i hope that will answer your question :)

We have always had princess tranfers but i do believe that the embassy dose offer a free shuttle or at least thay did in the past thay have a taxi /tranfer desk next to check in desk i hope that will answer your question :)

There is no free shuttle. A cab is the way to go.