Weather/temperatures in December

vkirkley

Hi! I am planning a Christmas cruise and am curious, what is the water and weather temperatures in the Caribbean at that time. We are taking the Eastern trek kitting San Juan, St. kitts, St. martens and San Juan. Is it warm? Are beach activities ok? Anything you can share is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

We have cruised almost every Christmas for the past 11 years. Weather in the Caribbean has always been great - usually around 75-85 degrees, depending on which island you are at. Showers - if any- are passing and quick. Bahamas can be quite a bit cooler - we hit 60 degrees in Nassau once. Maybe we have just been lucky, but we love cruising during that time of year!

Why is everyone mentioning the Bahamas, the OP never mentioned it. Daytime temperatures will be 80-85, water temperature 75-80 in the areas you mentioned. Don't worry and do not check weather.com, way too generic. It will show rain everyday and drive you crazy. I am a sailor who owns a boat in St.Martin, we rely on windguru, excellent and very accurate, waves, wind, and sea state.

Hi! I am planning a Christmas cruise and am curious, what is the water and weather temperatures in the Caribbean at that time. We are taking the Eastern trek kitting San Juan, St. kitts, St. martens and San Juan. Is it warm? Are beach activities ok? Anything you can share is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

What ship will you be on? My DH & I on the Conquest for the Christmas sailing.

We always sail around Jan + the weather in the Caribbean is GREAT! But, to put yourself at ease, go to weather dot com + punch in your ports. Click on monthly + it'll give you a graph of the average highs/lows for the month you're traveling.