Fans in cabins

Sailing on the independence in the summer can anyone tell me if they have fans onboard or can you bring your own thanks in advance

You can bring battery operated fans, but fans with cords might get refused. People have reported being furnished with a fan when asking the stateroom attendant, but I have no idea if this is universally allowed.

I asked in advance, after having a battery fan land my luggage in the naughty room. One was provided. Warning -- it was a huge floor fan, so you might want to reconsider if you will be in anything smaller than a JS.

I travel with a 4 inch corded fan, plastic blades, since I am in an inside cabin and it at least moves some air around. I never know if it will send me to the naughty room or not. One cruise I was having major bronchitis and really needed more air in the cabin, was feeling so poorly that when I went down to the naughty room I started crying, very embarrassing, but the guard let me keep my fan. The one the ship may provide is the big floor fan, usually dirty and rusty and very noisy. Same inconsistency with my packed food utensils (that I use at hotels pre or post cruise), sometimes the butter knife is confiscated, which of course makes no sense - as if someone can't get a knife from the windjammer. I just let it go, don't bother claiming it at end of cruise, just buy another one at the Dollar Store. Power strips and extension cords are other items that may or may not go thru, so I usually pack them into my carry on bag.

RCI is consistently inconsistent :-).

I am currently on Brilliance for 10 days with 2 fans. 1 battery powered and the other is a duel of either electric or can be run via usb and a battery drive; that one I bought at Walmart. Both were in my carry-on and not 1 word said. I forgot my 3 outlet and left in my shipped bag and had a notice in my bag that it had been searched but sent to my cabin and so was my family's bag!

My 5 inch electric fan has NEVER been refused.....I do bring an extension cord, as there is no plug near the bed. I need air blowing on me at night (hot flashes)!!! A battery fan just won't cut it for a week...batteries will not last for 8 hour stretches, 7 nights...and they are heavy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...