Cadiz.. Fish market Plaza Libertad? Near HoHo stop?

renroc13

We are planning to go on the Hop on Hop off bus during the day in Cadiz. Does anyone know if the fish market on Plaza Libertad is close to any of the historic sites. Would not want to miss a trip to the market...

Thank You

Karen

The old city is very compact and you can easily cover the main attractions on foot. As hkto states the HOHO bus does not go into the centre and you will see a lot more on foot.

My thoughts exactly. The time you spend waiting on the next bus you could walk half way across town.

Cadiz is the only port we have visited where we regretted using the HOHO bus - a somewhat boring/overpriced journey with most of the time spent travelling back and forth along the same stretch of seafront.

Cadiz old city is fascinating and very pedestrian friendly/close to the port with streets not accessible by bus.

Edited by campolady

Yes here is; some info http://andhereweare.net/2015/07/a-visit-to-cadiz-central-market.html/

IMO there are better central markets in Spain (Barcelona, Bilbao, Valencia to name some) than in Cadiz but its still worth visiting

We always find these interesting, you never know what you will see. In Manus we saw some type of fresh water fish that was over 10 feet long :eek:.

Yes here is; some info http://andhereweare.net/2015/07/a-visit-to-cadiz-central-market.html/

IMO there are better central markets in Spain (Barcelona, Bilbao, Valencia to name some) than in Cadiz but its still worth visiting

Have to agree with Barcelona and Bilbao. Malaga too has a great indoor market - with all 3 markets (meat, fish, fruit and veg) in the same building so easier for people with walking difficulties.

Edited by campolady

Thanks for the info. In malaga is it far from the pier.?

In Malaga you can walk to the market hall from the cruise terminal building (some ships dock nearer) in 20 minutes. Personally I would take the shuttle bus from the port terminal to the park (costs just 3 euros) from where it is only a 5 minutes walk to the market hall. The market hall is fqascinating with a beautiful Art Nouveau stained glass window only discovered during renovation work about 5 years ago. http://www.spain-holiday.com/blog/atarazanas-malagas-central-market.php

Edited by campolady

Your pictures are gorgeous. I will go to the one in malaga as well Thank you for your help. Someone said there is a restaurant called coppa which is on the beach and has free snacks and Internet I looked it up on Google but found nothing. Do you know of it? Again thank you.

From around 1.09-2.10 in this. I had never seen such a big fish market, and as there are several similar along the coast I wonder how so much fish can ever be sold, but obviously it all does.

[YOUTUBE]TJPI7DhJDlU[/YOUTUBE]

Now that looks pretty tasty!

In Malaga you can walk to the market hall from the cruise terminal building (some ships dock nearer) in 20 minutes. Personally I would take the shuttle bus from the port terminal to the park (costs just 3 euros) from where it is only a 5 minutes walk to the market hall. The market hall is fqascinating with a beautiful Art Nouveau stained glass window only discovered during renovation work about 5 years ago. http://www.spain-holiday.com/blog/atarazanas-malagas-central-market.php

Good to know as we will be there next year.