Back home from GC - Public Bus, Turtle Farm, and Calico Jacks

mpcaruth

After lots of research here on the CC boards, we decided to do the Turtle Farm on our own and take the public bus. We do not regret it! The public bus system is fine. It was so easy and it allowed us to beat the crowded tours to the Turtle Farm. We also hit Calico Jack's on the way back.

I have included more than 45 photos and lots of details from our port day and excursion in my full NCL Getaway review. Rather than re-write it all here, you can find the Grand Cayman section beginning at post #85 here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2331862

We really enjoyed the wading pool:

facebookP1110396_zpsxumwif0z.jpg

• 2 months later...

Can you tell me how to get to the bus terminal from the cruise port? You said it was two blocks. Is it obvious? I've been looking and looking for a printable map to bring with us.

Also how much is fare in USD? Thanks!

It's wonderful when a port has good public transportation...and GC does!

The fare is $2.50 pp...as far as WHERE the station is...we were picked up right at the tender dock....but if you walk 2 blocks up Canal St. to Edward St., it's right next to the Library! Anyone can point you in the right direction!

Can you tell me how to get to the bus terminal from the cruise port? You said it was two blocks. Is it obvious? I've been looking and looking for a printable map to bring with us.

Also how much is fare in USD? Thanks!

After exiting the port, take a left and go north on Harbour Dr. Then walk right onto Fort Street. Continue on Fort Street for about a block and you will see the library straight ahead and the buses (vans) will be lined up along the right of the library. It is a really easy walk!

Fare is $2.50 flat for each trip.

Cayman%20Bus_zpsmkzzniiw.jpg

You mention you were picked up right at the tender dock by the bus? Is there a stop there as well? Is the rate per person regardless of age do you know? (such as kids under 2 free, etc). I have been to GC dozens of times but have never taken a bus as I have always gone out on boats but this time around I will have my 2 year old and 8 month old with us so we plan to go to turtle farm and hell then maybe to the beach for a short time.