Internet on Getaway

kapcruiser

Usually on the last sea day before disembarkation, they offer specials, aimed at those who want/need to airline OLCI with a limited internet special - short answer, yes.

What is your fight time out of MIA, as you should have time while the ship is coming into the channel w. land tower signals to do that - unless you need to change seat assignments, etc. (flights are flying pretty full these days, once we pinned down good seats - it's usually not worth the trouble to change - unless it's confirmed/paid upgrade to the forward cabin as offered. Connectivity would not be optimal as bandwidth will likely be stretched among users.

Or, have someone trusty at home to do that on your behalf, and you can print your paper BP at the airport kiosk or retrieve mobile eBP once you are on land tower.

OLCI typically open 24 hours before scheduled flight departure & available up to T minus 60 minutes - does that meant your flight is 7:45 PM on disembarkation day out of MIA back to BDL ?? or another airport for CT ?? Are your seat assignments confirmed already and if so, there's no need to feel the rush to do that onboard ... just my 2 cents. (It's not uncommon to take 10 to 15 minutes to do OCLI via satellite broadband at sea @ 75 cents a minute, plus one-time activation fee - rates subject to change)

P.S. Our niece's household waited till they're sailing into port of MIA on the morning of - to do OLCI on their mobile device (AT&T) and worked out fine, they had afternoon flight & later this month, flying back in the evening - enjoying an early bird dinner in town first, renting a car for the day to roam for a few hours.

Edited by mking8288

I need to check in about 7:45pm the night before. I don't knoe if we will have any land signals

Why don't you purchase the Early Boarding for $12.50/pp from southwest? You'll be automatically checked in and have nothing to,worry about. You can pull up,your pass on your phone or at the airport. We find it worth the extra $$ for all our return trips . And you have a good boarding position to boot!

Usually on the last sea day before disembarkation, they offer specials, aimed at those who want/need to airline OLCI with a limited internet special - short answer, yes.

What is your fight time out of MIA, as you should have time while the ship is coming into the channel w. land tower signals to do that - unless you need to change seat assignments, etc. (flights are flying pretty full these days, once we pinned down good seats - it's usually not worth the trouble to change - unless it's confirmed/paid upgrade to the forward cabin as offered. Connectivity would not be optimal as bandwidth will likely be stretched among users.

Or, have someone trusty at home to do that on your behalf, and you can print your paper BP at the airport kiosk or retrieve mobile eBP once you are on land tower.

Flying Southwest. No seat assignments. Also don't fly it of MIA- either FLLL or West Palm.

Flying Southwest. No seat assignments. Also don't fly it of MIA- either FLLL or West Palm.

Got it, thanks - we don't fly WN - then, the Early Boarding program is sound choice.

Or, can OP get someone trusty at home to help them do OLCI (when we travel international - our TA did that for us/on our behalf with authorization) and when one of my SIL flew DL (Delta) down under to Aussie - I did OLCI for her & she retrieve the OLCI info on her email link & printed out BP at the airport - don't need to worry about high latency, slow satellite internet at sea & paying by the minutes.

Would most likely need the Time Plan with 100 minutes - which is $75.00 - https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/internet-packages

Edited by mking8288

Why don't you purchase the Early Boarding for $12.50/pp from southwest? You'll be automatically checked in and have nothing to,worry about. You can pull up,your pass on your phone or at the airport. We find it worth the extra $$ for all our return trips . And you have a good boarding position to boot!

I have to check in 5 seats and I was trying to find a cheaper way.

Yes, you can buy by the minute as a PP said ($3.95 activation fee applies), or they sell small packages on the last couple of days. This is from they Day 7 Getaway Dailies ("Print Your Airline Passes"):

Freestyle%20Daily%20Day%207-6_zpsqelytruo.jpg

However, I tried checking in on Saturday 24 hours before my flight with my American Airlines app (which is horrible) and it wouldn't load after 5 minutes, so I gave up (and I wasted 5 minutes of my internet package) and checked in when we were docked at Miami Sunday morning and could get data service.

Edited by Mistizoom

We've flown SW a lot, and we would absolutely pay for Early Bird to avoid the frustration of not being able to check in in a timely manner via the ship Internet. But we like to try to get A seats - if you all don't care about seat location (possibility of C section/middle seats for example), then maybe just a few of you want to splurge for the EB.

Even when we're home, with Internet access, we usually book EB nowadays.

Can you give someone your confirmation numbers and let them check you in? I also vote for the early bird option-it's hassle free!

Best ideas here...I fly southwest a lot and like either A or B boarding...I usually just do the EB boarding. I also have checked in for traveling friends who were cruising....

You've clearly never flown Southwest. It is almost mandatory that you check in exactly 24 hours ahead of your flight. Southwest uses open seating and boarding order is determined by check in time. Unless you want the very back of the plane or to have your party separated you have to check in ASAP.

I have to check in 5 seats and I was trying to find a cheaper way.

Are they all on the same confirmation number. If not, you will have a hard time getting A or B boarding on the ship's internet. Best bet is to have someone on land check in at exactly 7:45 for each confirmation number.