Drinks Packages

Todd1977Tas

Hi Everyone

First time poster here :) We will be cruising for the first time in November aboard Voyager of the Seas. We are MEGA excited and it can't come quick enough! I have a question about drinks packages (apologies as no doubt you've all heard it before)

There are 7 of us on this South Pacific 11 night cruise. Do drinks packages have to be selected for the whole time you are away? Obviously it works out to about $2400 for us just on the middle range package! Are they worth it, or are you better off just ticking up as you go? Oh and is it USD onboard??

Appreciate in advance your replies - Thank You - Todd :):)

Edited by Todd1977Tas

Hi Todd,

Check on the link posted by Bruce (or hunt thro' RCI's website) but unless things have changed, on RCI you can buy the package at any time up to 3 (?4?) days before the end of the cruise. The price you pay will be at the same pro-rata daily rate. So you can sign-as-you-go at the start, then perhaps after a few days figure whether you'll be better off with a package.

But you can't switch the package off & on.

And you can't share it.

In fact, I can't remember with RCI but some cruise lines have required that everyone in the booking buys a package or nobody in the booking can buy it - it's just too easy to scam the cruise line. (though I've heard of that rule being waived in the case of a teetotal partner)

JB :)

Thanks JB. My agent said you couldn't. We were going to do a package for everyday we were on the ship and not bother about shore excursion days. Especially when there are 7 of us 😊

As stated above, you cannot pick and choose the days you want and don't want the package. When you sign up for it, you will be charged for all remaining days of the cruise.