Is Getaway (or NCL) Pepsi or Coca Cola?

rose102798

I am reading that cruisers bring their own Coke products on board. Don't they get confiscated by the cruise line? I am told that NCL confiscates bottled water' date=' if people try to bring that, so isn't it the same with Coca Cola?[/quote']Yes, it's the same, it gets confiscated. Everything you read about people bringing Coke on board (as in the beginning of this thread) is from before July 2016, when the rules changed.

Does anyone know when the contract with Pepsi expires? NCL used to have coke products (I always bought the coke package until the Pepsi switch).

I am really hoping that maybe a change would come. I carried my caffeine free Diet Coke to Italy for our two week vacation. They have Coke light but it tastes nothing like our Diet Coke in the states. I always just brought my own after the switch to Pepsi. I would love it if they did a contract with Coke and put the nice self serve machines in like RCL has.

See and I would say yuck, I don't like coke products. I prefer Mountain Dew which is available since NCL is with Pepsi.

See and I would say yuck, I don't like coke products. I prefer Mountain Dew which is available since NCL is with Pepsi.

Well, I like coke products, but any diet drink will do in a pinch. I do like Diet Mountain Dew, hopefully they'll have that.

Diet Dew was not available on the Escape in August.

The mainstream USA based cruise lines all have contracts with Coke and RCI has an exclusive one at this time for the Freestyle machines. NCL is the only mainstream line to serve Pepsi products. It's the same with national fast food chains. Most serve Coke products with the exception of those that are owned by Pepsico. (Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, KFC and Long John Silvers). The only other exceptions I believe are Arbys and Quiznos.

I love these threads regarding soda, I find them highly amusing.

Soda drinkers are just like cheap beer drinkers. They typically can only tolerate one variety. That speaks volumes about soda and cheap beer...

"I ONLY drink poodle whiz. I hate that Labrador whiz, it tastes TERRIBLE!!!"

Well, I like coke products, but any diet drink will do in a pinch. I do like Diet Mountain Dew, hopefully they'll have that.

I haven't seen diet mt dew on NCL. They do have mt dew but the first I saw that was late last year.

I love these threads regarding soda, I find them highly amusing.

Soda drinkers are just like cheap beer drinkers. They typically can only tolerate one variety. That speaks volumes about soda and cheap beer...

"I ONLY drink poodle whiz. I hate that Labrador whiz, it tastes TERRIBLE!!!"

Exactly

Yes, it's the same, it gets confiscated. Everything you read about people bringing Coke on board (as in the beginning of this thread) is from before July 2016, when the rules changed.

Thanks! I was getting confused whether pop is okay, but water isn't. So, I won't bring either when I board the ship on Sunday.