Flying to FLL, Hotel in MIA

DJW8385

We're flying into FLL (8/11/16) for our cruise on 8/13/16. What are some transportation options for us(group of 8-10ppl). We need to be picked up at FLL to go to our hotel in Miami; and on 8/13/16 we need to be picked up from our hotel and head to POM. What are some recommendations you can suggest? I greatly appreciate any feedback :)

A little reading down the board would reveal many recommendations for shuttles (SAS, QLS, Jiffy Jeff and a number of others), as well as for hotels.

That being said, it is also the common recommendation on this board, that you stay in FLL and shuttle down the next day to your ship. The reason being FLL is generally cheaper, and the later in the day you arrive, the lower the availability of shuttles.

It looks like you are planning two nights stay. That complicates things a little. You will need to provide more info (when your flight arrives) to determine shuttle availability.

Edited by CruiserBruce

In 2014 we flew into FLL and were cruising out of Miami on the Breeze.

We had SAS pick us up from FLL and take us to the Inter-Continental.

And then the next morning we just took a taxi to the port. There were 8 of us.

Upon return from our cruise, SAS picked us up at the port and brought us back to FLL.

I highly recommend SAS. Great prices and very dependable service.

Good luck and have a great cruise!!!:D:D

From your downtown Miami hotel to POM I would just take 2 taxis -- ask the front desk to arrange for two van cabs; cost should be about $12+tip per cab.

Larry's Limos and Holland Limo are two additional options to check for transport from FLL to your downtown Miami hotel.

For most folks, including us, flying into Fort Lauderdale instead of Miami, generally saves between $100-$200 per person on the airfare.

Some of the money saved on the flights can now be used for transportation costs from airport to hotel...to pier...and back to airport.

We use Larry's Limo. You can book a limo, van, or cars for your group and pre-schedule your cars and drivers for whenever you need them - in advance! They will meet you at the FLL airport luggage area and take you to your hotel, and wherever you need to go.

It will be private transportation for your whole group.

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!

I highly recommend making reservations with SAS for your FLL to Miami hotel trip and for your POM to FLL trip. They will give you a discount per person because of your large group, I believe. Just use a taxi from your Miami hotel to POM.

We had a very good experience with QLS. Since your group is large, you'll have private service, so just compare cost. I agree I'd use cabs to the port if staying downtown Miami.

Edited by eandj

I highly recommend making reservations with SAS for your FLL to Miami hotel trip and for your POM to FLL trip. They will give you a discount per person because of your large group, I believe. Just use a taxi from your Miami hotel to POM.

I would suggest the same thing. We have used them several times between FLL and Miami and on the way back. They are my go to company when I need reservations to transportation.

Uber is also an option, but I don't think even Uber XL would hold all of you in one ride. Maybe you would have to get 2 Uber cars!

So SAS still will take you to a Miami hotel from the FLL airport as well as from FLL to POM? We used them many years ago to a Miami hotel and back from POM to FLL after the cruise. I didn't know if they still did this or only went from airport to port. Looking to do this again next Feb.

We're flying into FLL (8/11/16) for our cruise on 8/13/16. What are some transportation options for us(group of 8-10ppl). We need to be picked up at FLL to go to our hotel in Miami; and on 8/13/16 we need to be picked up from our hotel and head to POM. What are some recommendations you can suggest? I greatly appreciate any feedback :)

Have you thought about renting a 15 person van for the trip to Miami (would allow you to do some sightseeing - lots of things to see/do around Miami).

Then drop off everyone at the port with luggage, then one person return the van to the airport, many rental car outfits offer free shuttle to port.