Sydney Shuttle

I'm looking for a shuttle from the airport to a (not yet booked) hotel in the downtown Sydney area. I found "Sydney Hotel Shuttle". It sounds like what we need, but I'd like to know if they're dependable. If you've used them and been happy with their service please post!

Thanks,

I'm looking for a shuttle from the airport to a (not yet booked) hotel in the downtown Sydney area. I found "Sydney Hotel Shuttle". It sounds like what we need, but I'd like to know if they're dependable. If you've used them and been happy with their service please post!

Thanks,

hello there plant,

if you have a specific need for a shuttle, I would not worry about booking one,there are stacks of taxi's (cabs to you) and maxi taxi's (exactly same as a shuttle bus) to anywhere in Sydney from the airport to your hotel. it may be a little more expensive, but you are hiring the whole maxi taxi and it will take you direct to your hotel.with a shuttle (unless you and your family are filing it and not with other people you could be going to several hotesl before you get to yours.maxi taxi's are one fare. shuttles are person unless otherwise quoted

hope this helps

Thanks,

forgot to mention plant,

just go outside the airport and you will see the taxi line, when you get to the attendtant he will ask you how many and he will wave a maxi taxi into the area for you. it is really simple .we use it all the time

aprx cost from international hotel to centre of Sydney hotel $65.00 aus .

We are planning on using the trains to get into our hotel in the city the day before our cruise. But thats got more to do with travelling with kids (6 & 4) so we can't use taxis without lugging car seats with us, and I don't like booking shuttles etc with prearranged car seats as the few times we have the seats have been ancient and installed wrong :/ I am a bit crazy invested when it comes to car seat safety ;)

We are planning on using the trains to get into our hotel in the city the day before our cruise. But thats got more to do with travelling with kids (6 & 4) so we can't use taxis without lugging car seats with us, and I don't like booking shuttles etc with prearranged car seats as the few times we have the seats have been ancient and installed wrong :/ I am a bit crazy invested when it comes to car seat safety ;)

The one thing about the train (and I like it except the cost) is that some of the older stations don't have lifts (or didnt last time i visited some) so you may have to lug your bags up the stairs depending what station is closest to your hotel.

forgot to mention plant,

just go outside the airport and you will see the taxi line, when you get to the attendtant he will ask you how many and he will wave a maxi taxi into the area for you. it is really simple .we use it all the time

aprx cost from international hotel to centre of Sydney hotel $65.00 aus .

Compared to a shuttle at about $30 each (maybe $20) so for two of you a taxi can actually be less or only minimally more, the Shuttle you will go around the world dropping people at different hotels (which can be nice look at the city, but after a long flight, not for me) whereas a taxi will take you straight to your hotel.

Feels like a husband problem :D:p

All for gender equality until the bags get too heavy haha

Didn't know my wife was posting.

And can he carry them all at once?

Who will stay with some while he goes up and down stairs.

I THINK only St JAmes and Museum lack lifts now.

Good point about staying with bags.

But in all seriousness we tend to travel with 2 bags maximum (we did 10 nights in Malaysia last year with the 4 of us on 1 suitcase and 1 carry on duffle) and jesting aside I will carry one lol. We are staying near Townhall station so probably a non issue anyway :)

But in all seriousness we tend to travel with 2 bags maximum (we did 10 nights in Malaysia last year with the 4 of us on 1 suitcase and 1 carry on duffle) and jesting aside I will carry one lol. We are staying near Townhall station so probably a non issue anyway :)

Town Hall is pretty good. But heck it gets crowded at times.

Hopefully they'll have finished doing the upgrade to Town Hall station when you get there. Last I heard the lifts were out of commission to some platforms but there are also escalators if you can find them - I seem to always head in the wrong direction.;)

All good we don't arrive for another 222 days :P and will be fine even without lifts :)

Sorry for hijacking thread about shuttles :D

Plus its the day before our cruise and we arrive mid arvo so we should be nice and chilled and won't be peak time :)

I would have to say PLANT, transport options are influenced by your age, the number of people and bags in your party. We are both in our 70's I'm fine but he has limited mobility. Over the years we have used every type of transport to & from Sydney Airport and a taxi is now always our 1st choice...for the following reasons:- Comfort, availability, direct from A to B at a comparative price.

I would have to say PLANT, transport options are influenced by your age, the number of people and bags in your party. We are both in our 70's I'm fine but he has limited mobility. Over the years we have used every type of transport to & from Sydney Airport and a taxi is now always our 1st choice...for the following reasons:- Comfort, availability, direct from A to B at a comparative price.

Thanks, hs, for a direct answer to my question! Having limited mobility can be a big issue. We use a shuttle service here (in the US) and are very happy with it. Do you know if the taxi's have a set rate from the airport to a downtown hotel? Are they always available outside of the airport?

Thanks again,

Thanks, hs, for a direct answer to my question! Having limited mobility can be a big issue. We use a shuttle service here (in the US) and are very happy with it. Do you know if the taxi's have a set rate from the airport to a downtown hotel? Are they always available outside of the airport?

Thanks again,

G'day Plant, if you don't mind me jumping in, no not a fixed rate but by he kilometer, and yep never seen the airport taxi rank without cabs waiting.

G'day Plant, if you don't mind me jumping in, no not a fixed rate but by he kilometer, and yep never seen the airport taxi rank without cabs waiting.

Will just add to the above. We had a taxi 2 months ago from International Airport to the Wynyard area in as you call it downtown Sydney. It not that far from The Quay area and it cost us AUD$50 at 7pm. Hope that helps.

Thanks so much to both of you! The information you posted will be put in my cruise "folder".

The last time we were in Sydney and in Brisbane we were very impressed with the people's friendliness. Just walking through the shop's we found that if we asked a question it was not only answered, but the person we asked would actually TAKE us to the place we were asking about :)!

Love Australia!

Thanks so much to both of you! The information you posted will be put in my cruise "folder".

The last time we were in Sydney and in Brisbane we were very impressed with the people's friendliness. Just walking through the shop's we found that if we asked a question it was not only answered, but the person we asked would actually TAKE us to the place we were asking about :)!

Love Australia!

Yeah, we're a weird mob. Now where have I heard that before.:D

Love Australia!

New Zealenders are perhaps even friendlier (bite your tongue Gut can't say nice things about Kiwis).

Mrs Gut was walking down the street looking at a map, after a supermarket, didn't even ask, he lady comes up to her, what are you looking for, oh it's a bit hard to find ill show you.

Another Port we were talking about where we had to get the shuttle, an old bloke (maybe 70s) "Are you off the ship, jump in the ute and I'll drive you back".

I think in part it is the small population and isolation that makes us such friendly nations,

Thanks to everyone who replied. You're all so nice :)!

I think we'll go with the taxi to the hotel option.

(We were supposed to cruise to New Zealand two years ago after a LA to Sydney cruise, but the Princess ship we were booked on "broke" so we had to fly home from Sydney :(. Hopefully, this time we'll make it to New Zealand!)

Thanks to everyone who replied. You're all so nice :)!

I think we'll go with the taxi to the hotel option.

(We were supposed to cruise to New Zealand two years ago after a LA to Sydney cruise, but the Princess ship we were booked on "broke" so we had to fly home from Sydney :(. Hopefully, this time we'll make it to New Zealand!)

Really hope you enjoy your stay.

Of course you know what Nino Culotta translates as don't you? With the bit of the poetic licence that J.O'G used.

:D

I fell in love with his books when I was just a lad.

Still pull them out and read them from time to time.

Of course you know what Nino Culotta translates as don't you? With the bit of the poetic licence that J.O'G used.

:D

I fell in love with his books when I was just a lad.

Still pull them out and read them from time to time.

Okay, you've got me curious. As an avid reader, which author and what book(s) are you talking about?

Fern