Intercontinental - DORAL

djandnic

We are staying at the Intercontinental Doral (not the one closest to the POM) prior to a 5 night cruise. The DW and I believe we can do this cruise with just carry on, but wondering if there is a store to buy toiletries close to this hotel?

I did a search on Google map, and it looks like there is a Wal-Mart about 1.4 miles away, but I can't see if there is anything closer.

Does anyone from staying there before if there is a store to buy toiletries closer than the Wal-Mart 1.4 miles away?

Thanks for the help!!

I looked on line for you too at Publix, CVS, Walgreens and even Target and nothing closer.

Hopefully one of the locals will know.

If this was me though I would just call the hotel directly and see if they know of something closer.

Keith

I looked on line for you too at Publix, CVS, Walgreens and even Target and nothing closer.

Hopefully one of the locals will know.

If this was me though I would just call the hotel directly and see if they know of something closer.

Keith

That's my next plan, but was hoping someone on these boards knew first hand. Many of the locals give great advice when asking Florida questions and sometime even the staff at a hotel is not as well informed.

I appreciate the response!

Edited by djandnic

That's my next plan, but was hoping someone on these boards knew first hand. Many of the locals give great advice when asking Florida questions and sometime even the staff at a hotel is not as well informed.

I appreciate the response!

You are very welcome.

Sounds like we found all that there is to find.

I would be interested to hear about this hotel after you return. If you can think of it, please let us know what you think.

Keith

That area is mostly industrial and office parks with a wide scattering of hotels that sprang up when this was the cheapest real estate available near the airport (before Doral incorporated as a separate city). The roads are not walkable and far too narrow for the amount of traffic.

If you head north one mile to 36 St then west one mile to 97 Av you will find the start of a long stretch of suburban strip malls with Publix, Walgreens and plenty of franchise restaurants. A short cab ride each way is your best bet.

Thanks for all the information. Maybe we'll check out what's available at the airport. Maybe be a little more expensive, but saving a taxi trip for a few things might be adventitious.

I will let you know what we think of the hotel and how easy or hard it is to get to POM from there. Google map indicates it's only 13 miles and looks like a straight shot in, so I'm not expecting any issues. We are generally ready to get to the ship long before we can any way. We did get a great rate on a king poolside room and everything I've read and seen on this hotel looks very good.

Thanks again all!

• 2 weeks later...
You are very welcome.

Sounds like we found all that there is to find.

I would be interested to hear about this hotel after you return. If you can think of it, please let us know what you think.

Keith

Unfortunately I won't be able to let you know what we thought of the hotel since our cruise on Empress was cancelled (again, we were originally on the 3/30, now the 4/30).

I just wanted to give you the update so you weren't waiting for it.