Reformed alcohol smuggler seeks methods to drink cheaply

Amen! If these are available, I'm buying a pair for my wife and me, and I don't have to sweat any of the BOGOs, drinks of the day, or morality conundrums. RCI gets $170 from me and everyone goes home happy.

I just don't get the sense they offer these cards on four night voyages. It begs the question though - do they ACCEPT the cards on all ships? Meaning if I were to buy one on eBay or something, would the ship honor the card even if they weren't for sale on board?

Boy does that sound like a bad idea . Hopefully they will offer these cards . Perhaps contact RC directly .

Yikes, hopefully you don't let your kids drink

Not really following your implication there. I do have a kid, and he's seen everything from teetotalers to responsible drinking, obnoxious drunkenness, and destructive alcoholism, just within our extended family. I hope he recognizes that not everyone will act like an adult (since he has witnessed it firsthand) and will make wise choices based on his experiences.

It begs the question though - do they ACCEPT the cards on all ships? Meaning if I were to buy one on eBay or something, would the ship honor the card even if they weren't for sale on board?

Almost certainly, the answer here is no. I bought one on Liberty last week, and they write your Seapass folio number on the card at the time you buy it. It can be shared, but drinks are still logged under the folio number on the card. If it's not even a valid number for the current cruise, you'd be out of luck. So, if you find anyone offering one on eBay, don't bite.

Boy does that sound like a bad idea . Hopefully they will offer these cards . Perhaps contact RC directly .

Eh, there's protections built in so that I wouldn't be charged for what's essentially counterfeit goods. But to Bob's point, it sounds like it's not worth pursuing without express confirmation from RCI.

Good news is, RCI is very consistent with what you hear from one person to the next. :D

I would say its more like going to a buffet but bringing your wife who doesn't really eat a lot, but while you are up there piling food on top of food that is likely going to end up in the trash, you see something your wife likes and grab it.

...or shopping with her and spending big dollars on yourself while she shoplifts a few little things she likes. :eek::D

Calling on the sharing police.....

If guest A has the replenish package and orders some non-alcoholic frozen concoction and guest B gets a shot of rum with their Diamond coupon, pours it into guest A cup and they get two straws and share the drink, is that sharing?

If guest A has the replenish package and orders some non-alcoholic frozen concoction and guest B gets a shot of rum with their Diamond coupon, pours it into guest A cup and they get two straws and share the drink, is that sharing?

It's theft. That's all there is to it. It's stealing and you shouldn't do it.

Just kidding. I'm not petty like that. I know how to relax and not worry about what other people do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It is not theft because what you do with your Diamond drinks is completely up to you. If you want to buy someone a beverage that is just fine.

###

Get a paper route and mow some lawns for extra booze cash, hahaha! Really though, it's just easier to pay for the drinks you want, when you want, then to have to wait for a function of some sort (like the art auction) or a spontaneous 1/2 off deal. If you won't drink enough to cover the package, then just throw a hundred or so extra dollars in your budget to cover drinking whatever whenever and don't feel bad about it. The stress you'll cause yorself trying to track down the drink specials, if any, will make you need to drink more :)

Per day..... Every day...... 4 or 5 drinks a day on sea days isn't a problem. On days when we're in port, and off the ship for most of the day, it becomes more of a challenge. In my younger days it wouldn't have been a problem but now, it gets more challenging. I think the break even number is probably closer to 6 anyway.

It seems to me that a lot of folks only consider aloholic beverages when considering a package...By the time you throw in a couple bottles of water, a specialty coffee and glass of fresh squeezed juice in the morning, you have nearly utilized the potential of the packge before your first cocktail... I have ABSOLUTELY no problem justifying the cost of the ultimate package everyday. .. hands down, in my opinion, the best option on board.

• 7 months later...

I am A smuggler, Yes I am, but to be more specific I'm a Cabin/Balcony Smuggler. I buy my drinks whenever I'm out and about anywhere else on the ship, but when I'm in my cabin or on my balcony what is a dude to do. Take a walk to a bar on a different deck anytime I want a drink, call room service and wait and wait and wait, or bring my my own and fix what I want when I want, sit back and relax.