!! Oasis !! 9 Days Medley Cruise ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

I think you can still get ice in your own cup at the Coke Freestyle machines, it just won't dispense any Soda.

BTW, what day is Labadee? I'm dying to see those mayo packets! :D:p Enjoying the pics so far, holding me over for the next 4 weeks.

You sir crack me up!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

It did indeed work out, I think we made too much out of it. But surely RCCL should have figured it out before time

Glad the shows did work out. But I totally feel your frustration...especially since you said you booked right when things opened up. And Royal's system sure isn't very smart. I design computer programs and am surprised that the system even let shows be booked with overlapping times.

Loving your review so far.

That would have really ticked me off about the show reservations. We love to see all the shows and plan dinners and everything else around them. What is up with these cruise companies where they can't get their acts together? NCL Escape changed all their entertainment times around on us but only by 1/2 or 1 hour. Kept most of the same nights.

Can't wait to read the next installment.

Shows are not a big deal to me, but I know they are for mom. It surely was irritating, and RCCL should have their act in control. But we made the best out it, and it all worked out well :)

Gambee, here is an ice tip. PS understood you can always get some at a bar. However here is the tip, if you need ice you can it in a regualr cup at any of the Coke Freestyle machines in any type of cup. You do not need to a "chipped" pop tumbler to get just ice. Push your cup on the ice "bar" and it will come.:)

There was an ice machine on Allure in the Wipe Out Cafe, but it didn't always have ice. I haven't been on Oasis in a while so it may or may not still be there. In the WJ on Allure ice was brought to the drink station in bulk in pails. I wonder it the demand is more than a machine can produce per hour?

I am sorry to read about your family's health issues in the recent past. Hopefully you are all doing as well as possible considering what has occured. I also want to say congrats on you on yourr new American status. Virtual hugs to you and your mom for both the losses and citicenship.

Oh, and I am excited to see you up and posting.

I will keep the ice recommendation in mind. Albeit, I did not see the ice machine on the wipe out cafe, then again, I have a tendency of not not seeing very well lol.

Thank you for your thoughts =)

Great start already, Gambee![emoji106] Excited to follow your review on my favorite ship. It's unfortunate about the changes in the entertainment reservations. They did the same thing on our Quantum and Anthem cruises just not to that extent. The table tennis area was always there by the Wipeout Cafe. Loving the amazing pictures as always.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Enjoying your review! Sorry about the sad news, you should be proud of yourself getting into grad school and getting your citizenship. Congratulations! Following along!:)

Thank you, glad to have you along :)

Thought we were overdue for a Gambee review...glad to see this one get started! Congrats on grad school and your citizenship :)

It was way overdue!

Thank you =)

Just read the first page of your cruise while eating my lunch at work. All I can say is WOW!! I am looking forward to the rest of your review with anticipation. So wish I had your skills in putting together a review with photos and commentary as it would have come in handy for when I was on Anthem of the Seas last November. Talking about a huge ship. Anthem will take your breath away!

Deff a lot of work. I have looked at Quantum/Anthem but at the time they are out of my price range. Maybe in the future :)

We love the Oasis class! We also like the Freedom Class- However not at all the Quantum class! Sailed on the Allure past December and will sail on the Harmony next March. Enjoying your detailed review!

Thanks

we all have our tastes, I would love to sail Quantum class one day and be the judge for it.

Thank you for following, I truly appreciate it.

Following along... Love Oasis and Allure. Reading this will help kill time until my first cruise on a Freedom class ship!

I very much enjoy entertaining my fellow cruisers, thank you for tagging along.

So excited to read your new review. I came back to cruising. 4 years ago because I was lured by Allure. I read your review several times in preparation for that trip and found it very enjoyable and informative. Look forward to all of your reviews even if I'm not considering that ship. Last April I tried Oasis and loved that too. PS 30 days 'til Anthem, but I think Oasis class will still be my number 1!

You're among my favorite followers, those who read my reviews even if you wont sail the ships. Thank you so much for your comment and for tagging along.

PS I hope you have a blast on Anthem, and cheers a martini in my name :)

Following you always do great reviews. Congrats on becoming a Us Citizen and lets hope you do your duty and get out there and vote.

Sharon I

Oh you bet, my voice will be heard with my vote! I am pretty sure you know know who has my vote ;)

Thank you for following.

Looking forward to getting some time to follow along....so busy with work and packing for our cruise this month!

Have a fabulous cruise, you can read the review after your adventure :)

Gambee,

Glad to see this review. We did our first Oasis class cruise on the Allure last month. Your previous review was extremely helpful. BTW agree, the Central Park area, Trellis and Vintages, were our favorite spots on Allure.

Cheers

Tom

Few people visit Vintages, glad to see that you like it. It is possibly my favorite restaurant about the ship.

Thank you for tagging along

Absolutely loving your review.

Kudos for both accomplishments --citizenship and grad school acceptance.

Thank you :D

Glad to be following another Gambee review, although it will not be complete until someone spills something :)

Just a few as you know, although I always blame it on mom.

Loving the review thanks for posting.

You're very welcome.

Woohoo! Looking forward to reading you review...I have been eyeing the Harmony of the Seas for next year and only thing really holding me back is some criticism of it not 'feeling' like a cruise but more like a shopping mall. It's pretty expensive and I'd hate to blow 3G's on a cruise that's disconnected from the ocean....as the ocean, for me, is the draw of cruising.

Saying that I like reading your review the most, with JIMZIM's reviews a close second as your reviews are, as you said, unbiased...and you also don't get hung up on the little things that seem to make some people really upset.

I do agree with you on the gym/spa being in the dark..What is up with that? I had a spa balcony on the BREEZE last year and it was so awesome because of their views.

So anyway, carry on...looking forward to learning all about the Oasis, and who knows, maybe you'll convince me to try the Harmony after all.:D I've been pretty loyal to Carnival, and even after being on a short Disney cruise...I still love Carnival....but maybe I should give RC a shot.

Keep up the good work Gambee!!!

I guess you will make your own idea after reading the review. But quite honestly, it is nothing like a shopping mall. There is so much to this class that is just so hard to put into words. Sure it is not a perfect ship, but it sure comes close to it.

Read along, and hopefully I can give you a good idea about what Oasis class is all about.

Thank you for the unbiased comment, I really try to as neutral as possible and look at all lines as equal. It is not an easy task.

I'm so happy to see this review, I have enjoyed your past ones, and look forward to this one! Sorry for your loss, and congrats on Grad School and citizenship.

Thank for you kind words, and for following :)

Okay I have stay the Central Park area makes it look like you are not even on a ship. Yikes on the bar prices. I wonder how my Carnival Vista cruise be like. Loving the reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Central is amazing! I have a lot of bar menus, so don't rush into judgment, more to come :)

Congrats on citizenship and love the review. Going on her next month. So excited [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Have a great cruise, she is one amazing ship!

We sailed on Oasis three years ago. Your review on Allure at the time was so helpful and made planning our trip a breeze. Thanks for that. Your reviews are great, and this one is no exception.

We're sailing on NCL Escape in August. Can't wait. Too bad I don't have a Gambee review to refer to for that one. ;)

MUAHAHAHAHAAHA, wink wink, you're one lucky person!