Maasdam

cle1

We were on the Mar.1-Mar.29 cruise. Our Maasdam cruise was one of our best. It was the best medical staff ever. The doctor was more thorough than the ones at home. The Front office could not have been better. They head of the front desk, even took my little broken down notebook to their “computer Guru” to see if he could fix it for me, and yes he did, and wouldn't even take a tip, much less charge me. The dinning room manager, his assistants and our waiters couldn’t have taken better care of us. The head chef would come to our table to see if we had special requests, and yes he took care of them. The piano bar was lots of fun. Then our bartenders in the Crows Nest were great. Even the shows were better than usual. Yes, we got into San Diego late, but it was because of VERY rough seas and heavy winds. HAL gave everyone free limited phone calls and free limited internet to change travel arrangements. We got in at noontime. Wish the staff and crew were this good on every ship. EVERYONE in every department were the best.

All of this is just IMHO. Carol

Welcome Home

Glad you had a wonderful cruise.

That is wonderful that you had great staff in all the departments -- even to getting your notebook fixed.

Best medical staff -- hope it wasn't anything serious that you needed their help.

Yes it was something serious, but the care we received was better than some hospitals on land. Carol:)

The piano bar was lots of fun.

Can you advise WHO the piano person was and if you know how long he/she,will be on board? We are on ship in late,September.

Thanks.

I know his first name was David, but forget his last name (old age). Carol:)

So happy to read the positive review of your cruise on the Maasdam. Thank you for posting. We board her Saturday. Will be our third time on her in a lanai cabin.

Completely off topic here but I'm planning a trip on Maasdam for 2017. Do you have a favorite lanai room?

We book lanais located mid ship. There are some port side further aft and I have read reviews from cruisers that stayed in them hearing noise during the night from the galley above.

Our first cruise was on the Maasdam and we stayed on the Lower Promenade in cabin 363.....next to exit door and not converted to a Lanai when they did that years after our trip. I can attest to the noises from above on the Starboard side in the middle cabins on this deck..........sounded like someone dropping large pots well into the wee hours of the night.:eek: Worse, there was a drummer in the bar in the Atrium that had a really really boring cadence for almost all songs they played and THAT got on my nerves well after the pot-dropping ended.

Short story, if you want a Lanai, pick one further forward or aft of midships..and avoid the starboard mid ship cabins....with the possibility that the drummer is long gone if you do go forward.

Personally, we were on the Maasdam and its sister ships about 7 cruises and I would recommend a cabin on the Main Deck for better stability and quietness.

Edited by OBX-Cruisers

Our first cruise was on the Maasdam and we stayed on the Lower Promenade in cabin 363.....next to exit door and not converted to a Lanai when they did that years after our trip. I can attest to the noises from above on the Starboard side in the middle cabins on this deck..........sounded like someone dropping large pots well into the wee hours of the night.:eek: Worse, there was a drummer in the bar in the Atrium that had a really really boring cadence for almost all songs they played and THAT got on my nerves well after the pot-dropping ended.

Short story, if you want a Lanai, pick one further forward or aft of midships..and avoid the starboard mid ship cabins....with the possibility that the drummer is long gone if you do go forward.

Personally, we were on the Maasdam and its sister ships about 7 cruises and I would recommend a cabin on the Main Deck for better stability and quietness.

Thanks for the good info!

Completely off topic here but I'm planning a trip on Maasdam for 2017. Do you have a favorite lanai room?

We were in 355 in October 2015 and did not encounter any noise as others have reported from the kitchen areas or music. There are extensive photos and comments if you Google "355-maasdam".

Glad OP enjoyed her cruise despite medical problems. :)

Thanks for the good info!

We are booked in Cabin 370 Lanai for next March. I hope we don't regret the choice. I booked this months ago and had no idea about the kitchen noise. Has anyone out there been in that cabin ? Also how would you say the food is compared to Celebrity ships ?

Thanks so much

Sharon45069

We are booked in Cabin 370 Lanai for next March. I hope we don't regret the choice. I booked this months ago and had no idea about the kitchen noise. Has anyone out there been in that cabin ? Also how would you say the food is compared to Celebrity ships ?

Thanks so much

Sharon45069

Looking at the deck plans, you may be under the galley. I'd call and switch rooms and get more mid ship.

Cruiser Andi....you beat me to it. Just looked at deck plans and I agree with your advice about switching cabins. Before I book any cruise on any cruise line, I check deck plans and also search the cabin number on both CC and Google, it has always helped.

Sharon...You may want to consider asking for a cabin change, look at deck plans and be sure you know what is above and below you.

Edited by JudithLynne

Cruiser Andi....you beat me to it. Just looked at deck plans and I agree with your advice about switching cabins. Before I book any cruise on any cruise line, I check deck plans and also search the cabin number on both CC and Google, it has always helped.

Sharon...You may want to consider asking for a cabin change, look at deck plans and be sure you know what is above and below you.

Thank you so much .

Sharon