Book now for 2017 or wait?

Woodsie1

Hi

We are planning our first cruise for (hopefully) Sept 2017 with RCI for 4 of us (2 adults plus 2 X older teens so thinking maybe 2 rooms)

What I am not sure about is when to book it. There seems to have been some really good offers out for 2016 cruises since the beginning of the year (on board spend, free drinks package, 25% off 3rd and 4th person) however the offers don't seem as good for 2017 cruises.

Would I be better waiting for similar offers either towards the end of this year or early next? I have read that you can request a change if a better offer comes along but we live in the UK so I don't know if this applies?

Thanks in advance

Hi

We are planning our first cruise for (hopefully) Sept 2017 with RCI for 4 of us (2 adults plus 2 X older teens so thinking maybe 2 rooms)

What I am not sure about is when to book it. There seems to have been some really good offers out for 2016 cruises since the beginning of the year (on board spend, free drinks package, 25% off 3rd and 4th person) however the offers don't seem as good for 2017 cruises.

Would I be better waiting for similar offers either towards the end of this year or early next? I have read that you can request a change if a better offer comes along but we live in the UK so I don't know if this applies?

Thanks in advance

There is no way to predict pricing trends.

I'd book now to get the best choice of stateroom.

Edited by clarea

Book now. If prices go down, you can request the lower price. If prices go up, you can smile since your rate will not change.

In addition, better choice of cabins now.

Not sure the OP has the ability to get for lower prices as they are booking under UK rules.

Hi Woodsie.

As you're from the UK (as am I) you won't get any price reductions should the fare drop in the future.

As mentioned it's a gamble between waiting for a promotion and booking early to get the room(s) you want.

Personally, this is my method, which I'm using at the moment to find our 2017 cruise.

Find a cruise(s) your interested in and just watch. I factor in a drinks package, so if the base price is low enough (factoring in the package) I book, or I wait for a deal including the package. Don't be fooled into thinking a drinks package is free, the base fare will always increase.

We're not too worried about room location so that's not something I look at. Even booking guarantees as that lowers the base fare.

There's no fool proof method, I've booked when I'm happy with the price and missed a better deal later (worst one was a drinks package deal the day after I booked) so as long as your happy with a price, book it.

We book early. My experience is that the lowest price and highest price categories go first along with the more desirable rooms in each category.

If prices go up then we are protected. If they go down we followup to get the lower price.

I do the same for hotels as well.

Keith

We have already booked a couple of cruises for 2017. That way we get the cabin we want.

For one of the cruises the drink package was included. When I asked for the price of the cruise without the drink package, the price was quite a bit lower. We don't drink a lot so it was not worth it to pay a higher fare.

2 adults and 2 almost adults, I would get 2 cabins -- you will appreciate the extra bathroom.

Booking now gives you more choices of cabins especially if you want connecting cabins.

Only you can decide how much you will be drinking and if that package is worth it.

I think a lot depends on your comfort level. If room location or type is not as important as getting a good deal than definitely wait. If you are particular in your room or location and like the comfort of having it done than do it early.

Book now. If prices go down, you can request the lower price. If prices go up, you can smile since your rate will not change.

In addition, better choice of cabins now.

Just book now. You will lock in your room or rooms at the rate. If the price goes down or the promos change and you like them better before final payment, you can get the price difference.

Unfortunately, from what other UK posters have said, this is not true. In fact, it seems to only apply to the US (and perhaps Canada). See below ...

Hi Woodsie.

As you're from the UK (as am I) you won't get any price reductions should the fare drop in the future.

Edited by Cuizer2