How strict are the age limits in Splash Academy?

llcruisers

We are a cruising family and are venturing out to other cruiselines. This will be our first time on NCL - we were loyal to the Royal in the past. Our son is a senior in high school and graduating in June and will turn 18 in another week in April. Our daughter is 9 and turning 10 in August. We'll be on the Getaway on June 5 out of Miami. Our son have always enjoyed the teen club and I was wondering if he could still attend the activities having just turned 18. Our daughter is mature for a 9 year old and acts like a typical tween - could she join the 10-12 year olds? Anybody have experience with this or an idea on how I can find out? Thanks - been reading up on NCL and lots of great information on this forum.

You might possibly get some leeway on the younger one, but not for your son, there are too many things that 18 year olds can do that the younger ones in that group can't and they just don't mix them up. However he should be able to find the kids in that group without too much trouble and hang around with them outside of the teen club.

We are a cruising family and are venturing out to other cruiselines. This will be our first time on NCL - we were loyal to the Royal in the past. Our son is a senior in high school and graduating in June and will turn 18 in another week in April. Our daughter is 9 and turning 10 in August. We'll be on the Getaway on June 5 out of Miami. Our son have always enjoyed the teen club and I was wondering if he could still attend the activities having just turned 18. Our daughter is mature for a 9 year old and acts like a typical tween - could she join the 10-12 year olds? Anybody have experience with this or an idea on how I can find out? Thanks - been reading up on NCL and lots of great information on this forum.

No. The age limits are strictly adhered to.

All my cruises with kids on different cruise lines, have been very strict on age limits

sorry but they are very strict with the age requirements. Its one rule they do not break at all. Sorry

Your child has a birthday on ship they MIGHT be able to move up but no other way at all.

On RCCL and NCL both my kids had a birthday. And nope they did not bump them into the next group. The age is their age the day the board their ship. Same goes for drinking alcohol for 18 or 21 yo adults.

On RCCL and NCL both my kids had a birthday. And nope they did not bump them into the next group. The age is their age the day the board their ship. Same goes for drinking alcohol for 18 or 21 yo adults.

Of course they don't do anything automatically, but in both cases it just needs a visit to Guest Services on/after the birthday to make things happen.

Royal has always been flexible in regards to age but even they will not allow 18 YO in the teen club. Now there might be 18-21 activities but not in the teen club, that is strictly 17 and under for legal reasons. HUGE difference between a 12 and 18 YO child HUGE

The only time I've ever heard of them letting an 18 yo into the teen group is when that young person is still in HS. Let's face it, some HS seniors have birthdays that occur early in the school year, yet these kids are still in school and want to be with friends.

I've heard a few reports over the years that if you could prove that you kid was still a HS senior, then MAYBE they'd let them in. But your son will have turned 18 and graduated before you cruise, so I'm pretty sure the answer will be no.

The only time I've ever heard of them letting an 18 yo into the teen group is when that young person is still in HS. Let's face it, some HS seniors have birthdays that occur early in the school year, yet these kids are still in school and want to be with friends.

I've heard a few reports over the years that if you could prove that you kid was still a HS senior, then MAYBE they'd let them in. But your son will have turned 18 and graduated before you cruise, so I'm pretty sure the answer will be no.

I've never heard that, at least on NCL (and it would've been on my radar, with 5 teens, the oldest being 19 and almost 18).

I've never heard that, at least on NCL (and it would've been on my radar, with 5 teens, the oldest being 19 and almost 18).

I definitely read a trip report that included that information. May not have been NCL but someone cruised with a teen, turned 18, HS senior, still in school, with a friend who was also HS senior, still in school, not yet turned 18 and they wanted to be in the club together. Were allowed. Reason was that the older teen was still in HS and not yet graduated.

No idea how long ago, or if it was an isolated incident.

No leeway UNLESS your child is developmentally "disabled" and then they *might* go younger. But never older. If they gave leeway everyone would want what you want for your 9 year old because... no offense... everyone wants to be a special snowflake and hang out with the older kids.

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone posts about their child being mature for their age and asking if they can move up. That is not a dig on the OP, that is good news. It means it's likely there will be lots of kids mature for their age in the clubs, so your 9 year old will fit in just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

After boarding a few weeks ago, we went to Entourage to sign our son up for the week. In front of us, there was a family of 3 - with the oldest turning 18 that day! They were hoping he could attend Entourage with his siblings. The worker called her boss to check to see if they'd make an exception. They couldn't allow him to attend, even though he was just turning 18 that day. She was very clear that once you are 18, even the day of sailing, you couldn't attend.

That said - I wanted to share what they told the family. The 18 couldn't enter Entourage at all - due to his age. BUT, he was allowed to participate in any activity that they had throughout the ship. So, for example, when they had the dodgeball tournament on deck, or any other activity outside of the Entourage facility,he could participate. The age requirement was only for the Entourage facility itself.

Just saying.. could you imagine the legal headache if this 18 year old parents signed the waiver allowing him to drink beer and he started giving it to his younger friends? Or worse yet showed up to activities drunk?

You age is your age, it shouldn't matter what grade you're in u less there is a defined development situation. There is a reason they set these age "rules", they aren't just guidelines.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk