Summit Dinner

Patty Kott

Hi,

I wanted to see if someone could let me know about dinning options on the Celebrity Summit. If we choose the late seating for dinner but wanted to go earlier on a given night are we able to? Or can you only do that if you have free style dinning? Also someone just posted menu's for dinner and drink menu for another Celebrity cruise ship, does anyone have them for the Summit?

Thanks for any help

Hi,

I wanted to see if someone could let me know about dinning options on the Celebrity Summit. If we choose the late seating for dinner but wanted to go earlier on a given night are we able to? Or can you only do that if you have free style dinning? Also someone just posted menu's for dinner and drink menu for another Celebrity cruise ship, does anyone have them for the Summit?

Thanks for any help

If you want the ability to dine at whatever time is convenient for you, then choose select dining. You go to the select dining room and get seated when you get there (sometimes a short wait.) You can even make reservations for specific evenings if you like.

If you choose 2nd seating, it is exactly that, you can't decide on some evening you want to eat at the earlier seating.

Tables are assigned to passengers for the entire cruise in set dining, so they cant just switch people around.

Thank you for your answers. One more question. If I choose select dinning can you get a table just for two people? If they sit you at a table with other people would they make you sit with people who have already started eating or do they sit a group at a table all at the same time. Just think I would be uncomfortable being seated at a table with people who are already eating or having people placed at my table when I am in the middle of eating. Don't mind eating with others if we are all seated together at the same time. Thank you!

You are almost always seated at a 2 top. If they are crowded they might ask you to share a table for 4. No decent restaurant would be so awful to have people sit at a table where others are half through their meal. Surprised you would think they would consider it.

You are almost always seated at a 2 top. If they are crowded they might ask you to share a table for 4. No decent restaurant would be so awful to have people sit at a table where others are half through their meal. Surprised you would think they would consider it.

That is exactly what happened to us on RCI a few years ago. We were seated at tables with people at various stages of their dinner. One night everyone was on dessert while we had menus. They finished and left, we ate our dinner with a table full of dirty dishes and empty seats. I believe that RCI has figured it out a little better now. We have not seen that on Celebrity.

"Sharing tables" as they are called, are a good way to meet new people. It's possible that those at the table mighty have ordered when you join but usually you are all on the same course together. I have never joined a table that was halfway through a meal.

The reason I asked this is it has happened to us before on other cruises. As JMG stated it does happen. Never cruising on Celebrity before I didn't know if this was something they also did. As I stated would love to sit with other people but not when I am in the middle of eating and they are just seated or vice versa. When this has happened to us before it was very uncomfortable.

Thank you for your answers. One more question. If I choose select dinning can you get a table just for two people? If they sit you at a table with other people would they make you sit with people who have already started eating or do they sit a group at a table all at the same time. Just think I would be uncomfortable being seated at a table with people who are already eating or having people placed at my table when I am in the middle of eating. Don't mind eating with others if we are all seated together at the same time. Thank you!

Just got off the ship and we had select dining. We had 6 in our party but saw many tables with two people. My suggestion is to make a reservation as soon as you know what time you want to eat that day or even the night before to avoid standing in line to get a table. We made a reservation every night and requested the same waiter. They were able to seat us where we asked on all nights but one. Loved our waiter, Rueben, and his team. Twice they could not find the reservation in their system but were able to seat us right away without a wait anyway. They seemed just a little disorganized with their reservations but it all worked out fine.

Last year my girlfriend (now wife. I proposed to her on the trip and we got married last month) and I had late night dining on the summit, but twice there were events that we wanted to do but conflicted with our assigned dining time. The first time we spoke to the maitre'd and she moved us to select dining just for that night without any fuss. The second time we realized this would be an ongoing thing so we asked to move to early-time dining, and again she accommodated us without any trouble. Great service!