Princess PreCruise Hotel-FLL Costs

mph045

We stayed at last week....for a bahama trip....not a cruise

holiday inn in Hollywood

Right next to Ft Lauderdale

The service...the pool...the fooooood

We will probably book this for our cruise next year

They were awesome! Going to do a Tripadvisor review. 😊

This exact thing happened to me. I called my TA just before christmas to inquire about pre cruise rates in Ft Lauderdale Nov this year. She never called me back, I forgot I called..moving on....I was going through my personalizer and saw the pre cruise hotel offers...I had booked Embassy Suites the end of December, because of that International Boat show, I knew rooms would be sold out soon...come Jan 5, the hotel became "sold out". I think I booked at 319 for two people, beginning of January I happen to be checking and saw that the price dropped to 279. Now, my Son and Daughter in Law are interested in cruising with us, so I check with the hotel and they tell me its an extra 10 per person, so I add them now its 299 plus tax. So a few weeks ago, I call my TA and tell her to call Princess because I saw the rate advertised at 139 a night, I got excited, she comes back on the phone and tells me that there is availability at 579 for ONE night 4 people. I say WHAT! What happened to the 139...then she says "well, it INCLUDES transfers....a taxi from the airport is less than $20.....I told her to forget it. I thought the cruise lines were partnered with the hotels to offer you a "special" price.

This exact thing happened to me. I called my TA just before christmas to inquire about pre cruise rates in Ft Lauderdale Nov this year. She never called me back, I forgot I called..moving on....I was going through my personalizer and saw the pre cruise hotel offers...I had booked Embassy Suites the end of December, because of that International Boat show, I knew rooms would be sold out soon...come Jan 5, the hotel became "sold out". I think I booked at 319 for two people, beginning of January I happen to be checking and saw that the price dropped to 279. Now, my Son and Daughter in Law are interested in cruising with us, so I check with the hotel and they tell me its an extra 10 per person, so I add them now its 299 plus tax. So a few weeks ago, I call my TA and tell her to call Princess because I saw the rate advertised at 139 a night, I got excited, she comes back on the phone and tells me that there is availability at 579 for ONE night 4 people. I say WHAT! What happened to the 139...then she says "well, it INCLUDES transfers....a taxi from the airport is less than $20.....I told her to forget it. I thought the cruise lines were partnered with the hotels to offer you a "special" price.

I guess the price include 2 transfers, airport to hotel and hotel to cruise port. But $579 vs $139 direct booking?? Still a no no for me too!

I got excited, she comes back on the phone and tells me that there is availability at 579 for ONE night 4 people. I say WHAT! What happened to the 139...then she says "well, it INCLUDES transfers....a taxi from the airport is less than $20.....I told her to forget it. I thought the cruise lines were partnered with the hotels to offer you a "special" price.

The price is "special," for the cruise line and hotel, just not for you.

I had booked Embassy Suites the end of December, because of that International Boat show, I knew rooms would be sold out soon...come Jan 5, the hotel became "sold out".

Just a clarification on when there is most demand for hotel rooms in Fort Lauderdale....

• The International Boat Show is the first weekend in November (until a few years ago it was the last weekend in October); in 2016 it will be November 3 - 7.
  • Christmas week through New Years
  • Martin Luther King Weekend; in 2017 MLK Day is January 16
  • Presidents Day Weekend; in 2017 Presidents Day is February 20
  • The week following Presidents Day Weekend (public school vacation week in New England and other areas in the US)
  • All of March (colleges and some public schools spring break)
  • Easter (week before and after due to public school vacation schedules)
  • Mid-April weekend (dates are set each year - it is this weekend - and I don't see dates for 2017 yet) - Tortuga Music Festival

Perhaps the key word is "from".

I would hope your TA offered to find you the best rate by booking directly. And advised you that two quick and inexpensive cab rides from airport to hotel and hotel to port will be much easier and less stressful than the Princess transfers that are "included" in their prices.

The Embassy Suites at Miami offer a courtesy bus to and from Miami airport. HOWEVER - I stayed there last month pre-cruise and was not impressed at all. I am told that the Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale are far better, the one at Miami is tired, worn and badly staffed.

Embassy Suites Miami Airport had a couple of positives - free breakfast, free bar each evening for an hour or so. Sadly there were a lot of negatives - noise from adjoining MIA airport. Chef can't cook a steak properly. Nobody knows where pepper mill is hidden. Manager dismissive when you have a problem. No safes in rooms. Hilton customer service were not helpful when i had a problem; fortunately there's plenty of other hotel chains that want my business.

There's a brand new Margaritaville hotel on Hollywood Beach - just a $30 cab from the port - beachfront location, beautiful pool, loads of bars and restaurants in the area. That would be my first choice for a few nights pre- or post- cruise.

Edited by lake5298

We booked the Hilton Garden Inn for 2 nights for a total of $271.00. It has mixed reviews but it can't be any worse than the Hilton Marina we stayed at in December. The housekeeper knocked on our door and asked us if we wanted fresh towels. She got them off her cart and handed them to us. We were suppose to get a room with a view but because we came in late, we got the room no one wanted. The breakfast buffet was too expensive for just a bagel and cream cheese. Internet was charged as well, but the guy at customer service gave it to me for free. I hate paying big bucks for a hotel room and then be disappointed. McDonalds is just across the street - suits us for breakfast.:D