Buying Alcohol Pre Cruise

SeaPete

On the Princess website there is an option to purchase wine and spirits. I ordered a bottle of Absolute for $20. Will this be delivered to my stateroom at the beginning of my cruise? My cruise is in 60 days. My first Princess cruise.

Thanks

On the Princess website there is an option to purchase wine and spirits. I ordered a bottle of Absolute for $20. Will this be delivered to my stateroom at the beginning of my cruise? My cruise is in 60 days. My first Princess cruise.

Thanks

There will be a voucher in your cabin upon arrival and you will have to place a call to Room Service for it to be delivered.

I always place pre orders for foods, alcohol, etc.

Mike:)

There will be a voucher in your cabin upon arrival and you will have to place a call to Room Service for it to be delivered.

I always place pre orders for foods, alcohol, etc.

Mike:)

As Mike said there will be a voucher and you will have to call room service.

Since Mike & Paul agree then who am I to differ! :eek: .. :D

I have always found a voucher for my Jack Daniels in our room. Simply call and it shall be delivered.

Just Mike:eek:

Edited by RetiredNTraveling

The only real difference between pre-ordering and ordering onboard is that you can pay in advance rather than having it added to your folio. Both methods require a call to room service.

Thanks

That's a 375 ml bottle for that price, correct ?:)

That's a 375 ml bottle for that price, correct ?:)

That is correct

Mike

It's a horrible price for a 375 ml bottle but... If you compare it to buying the same amount at the bar it's not a bad deal at all. My main issue is with the horribly limited selection one can get for in-cabin consumption.

Their idea of scotch is mind boggling. I would gladly pay them $50 for a $25 (750 ml) bottle of liquor but I would like to be able to buy something that isn't basically rust remover.

It's a horrible price for a 375 ml bottle but... If you compare it to buying the same amount at the bar it's not a bad deal at all. My main issue is with the horribly limited selection one can get for in-cabin consumption.

Their idea of scotch is mind boggling. I would gladly pay them $50 for a $25 (750 ml) bottle of liquor but I would like to be able to buy something that isn't basically rust remover.

Yes, that's the problem. We're forced to buy our booze from them, but they won't provide us with a decent product line. I'd gladly(?) pay their inflated prices for Maker's Mark, or other "top shelf" adult beverages. I'd gladly try and smuggle a small bottle of Makers, jut to see if I'd get caught. If they find it and confiscate my bottle, I'm only out a few bucks.

Edited by Treven

For a 15 day Panama Canal cruise we bought 2 bottles of Crown Royal and 2 of Absolute Vodka prior to boarding...Not cheap but I thought fair considering the general mark up onboard...then one thing changed everything. HAPPY HOUR...in fact three of them 3ish, 5:30ish and 10pm ish per day...One drink regular price....another for a dollar extra. As long as the policy continues fleet wide, you don't need to buy extra for the room. Just drink one there and take the extra to your room. Literally cut our normal bar bill in half for the trip. Ended up bring back one bottle of each that we purchased.