NCL Breakaway NYC - parking

david5272

For our BA cruise last week I chose to park at Port Imperial and ferry over and back. It was $126 for the week plus the $36 round trip ferry ride. Still cheaper than Parkright, plus we got some exercise walking to and from the ferry terminal. Will probably do that again in September too!

matj2000 you shouldn't be trolling the forums...your advice and comments are completely a waste of time!

Not really trolling the forums.

Been around for 9 years and 5000+ post.

I was pointing out that it cost the same for a week in TX as it does for a day in NY.

Many people probably do not know this.

It seems others cannot handle it very well..

I was pointing out that it cost the same for a week in TX as it does for a day in NY.

Well, yes. It's capitalism at it's finest. Supply vs. Demand. In Galveston, you have a lot more supply than demand. In NYC, it's the opposite.

If you're a NY'er sailing out of Texas, you would also have to factor in airfare for each person in your party plus car rental so probably cheaper to just pay to park in NY.

Well, yes. It's capitalism at it's finest. Supply vs. Demand. In Galveston, you have a lot more supply than demand. In NYC, it's the opposite.

Supply in NY has dwindled down. We use to have Princess and Carnival. Now it just Celebrity to Bermuda and RC & NCL to the Caribbean. Queen / Princess for transatlantic cruises.

Even the smallest country bumpkin knows that Manhattan is way more expensive than any city in Texas.

Supply in NY has dwindled down. We use to have Princess and Carnival. Now it just Celebrity to Bermuda and RC & NCL to the Caribbean. Queen / Princess for transatlantic cruises.

Assuming you mean demand for parking is down. Apparently not down enough for the parking facility to change it's rates. If they start having empty spots, the rate will go down.

(Isn't Carnival seasonal?)

Don't care how many posts you made matj2000

I don't think I would cruise out of NYC even if it was a free trip...

You sound like an ignorant pos..... I think my post was about NY parking.

I don't really care how much it costs or doesn't cost in Texas.

Don't care how many posts you made matj2000

I don't think I would cruise out of NYC even if it was a free trip...

You sound like an ignorant pos..... I think my post was about NY parking.

I don't really care how much it costs or doesn't cost in Texas.

I would not want go out of NY for 2 reasons.

The ports stops are some of the worst, Canaveral, Nassau, Freeport, CocoCay. unless on longer voyages.

I associate cruises as a warm weather/tropical thing.

Not NY city.

Especially in the winter time when you have 2 days of freezing weather on the front & back ends of the trip.

If I am going to fly for a cruise, I will fly to FL where it is much warmer.

Again, I NEVER asked for your ideas/opinions.......

my post was about parking costs in NY...not what you prefer for cruising or what you consider cruises being tropical..

Again, I NEVER asked for your ideas/opinions.......

my post was about parking costs in NY...not what you prefer for cruising or what you consider cruises being tropical..

Well said David5272 AND for mattj2000 NCL goes to Bermuda ALSO NOT just the ones here - Given that I am going in AUGUST to Bermuda on the Breakaway I believe a bit more research on your part especially given you have been here for a long time :D

"I would not want go out of NY for 2 reasons.

The ports stops are some of the worst, Canaveral, Nassau, Freeport, CocoCay. unless on longer voyages.

Not NY city.

Especially in the winter time when you have 2 days of freezing weather on the front & back ends of the trip.

If I am going to fly for a cruise, I will fly to FL where it is much warmer."

Or you can try parkright. We have heard good things about them

We are driving down from Boston and going to be using Park Right (670 W 43rd Street) this weekend. For us the cost is ~$200 for the week (minivan + White Glove Service). I will let you know how it goes when we return.

We are driving down from Boston and going to be using Park Right (670 W 43rd Street) this weekend. For us the cost is ~$200 for the week (minivan + White Glove Service). I will let you know how it goes when we return.

thanks BostonSoccerDad! appreciate it.

Enjoy your cruise!!!!

Not NY city.

Sad you are so narrowed minded that you think that is the only place to cruise to out of NYC. Bermuda is one, if not the best island Itinerary on the East Coast or Caribbean. New England Cruises are also beautiful and go to some great places.

Just off the breakaway....ultimately went for cruise terminal parking at 280 for the week. Yes it hurt to pay that but at least we didn't have a long walk or ride with 6 suitcases and 3 kids. Plus my car was able to take a nice vacation with a great view of the intrepid for the week..yes that was sarcasm.

All

Used a great valet service where they meet you at drop off and park your car and come and drop it off to you upon debarkation. They are called valet anywhere...

Awesome service and the least expensive

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Not NY city.

I guess you don't know about the Gulf Stream weather ?

I guess you dont know about the Ncl and rccl 8/10/12/14 day Carib cruises that hit up to 6 great islands like st kitts st Martin st Lucia etc?

Bermuda and Canada cruises?

You can park in Staten Island and take the FREE Staten Island ferry into Manhattan. But you'd need to take a cab to the pier as it's not close. Lucky for me I have access to a free spot to park a few blocks from the pier :D :D

All

Used a great valet service where they meet you at drop off and park your car and come and drop it off to you upon debarkation. They are called valet anywhere...

Awesome service and the least expensive

We also used Valet Anywhere for our cruise last month. Awesome service! They ask you to meet them across the street but when I explained that one of us had trouble walking, they came to the terminal.

Basically, they take your car away on embarkation day, park it, and bring it back when you disembark. Being able to keep in contact via cellphones is key.

• 2 weeks later...
thanks BostonSoccerDad! appreciate it.

Enjoy your cruise!!!!

Hi - just wanted to hop on and report my experience with Park Right. Went pretty well - just expect some waiting time. For example, when we arrived at the garage - we had the White Glove service where they had a person drive us (in our vehicle) to the terminal. We had to wait about 20 minutes until a driver was ready to take us. Understandable because there are only so many drivers and there was a lot of traffic down by the terminal. When we got off the ship this morning, we were told to call them when we received our luggage and they would pick us up. We were one of the early people off the ship and had to wait about 25-30 minutes on the street corner. I am not complaining... The wait time was not awful. But then again the weather was fine. If it was raining, then it would have been miserable. Hindsight I probably would have skipped the White Glove service and just walked the few blocks to pickup the car myself and then drive to the terminal to get the family. Overall it worked out well.

I used Park Right a couple of years ago, we dropped our luggage at the port and just walked to the port after leaving our car at Park Right. On return we were off early so instead of waiting we walked to the garage and waited maybe 10 minutes for our car. It's only about a 1/4 mile walk.

I plan do the same for our cruise in June.

Edited by jtheile

I used Park Right a couple of years ago, we dropped our luggage at the port and just walked to the port after leaving our car at Park Right. On return we were off early so instead of waiting we walked to the garage and waited maybe 10 minutes for our car. It's only about a 1/4 mile walk.

I plan do the same for our cruise in June.

This seems to be the best way to do it. Like you mentioned, it is a short walk between the garage and the terminal.

Hi - just wanted to hop on and report my experience with Park Right. Went pretty well - just expect some waiting time. For example, when we arrived at the garage - we had the White Glove service where they had a person drive us (in our vehicle) to the terminal. We had to wait about 20 minutes until a driver was ready to take us. Understandable because there are only so many drivers and there was a lot of traffic down by the terminal. When we got off the ship this morning, we were told to call them when we received our luggage and they would pick us up. We were one of the early people off the ship and had to wait about 25-30 minutes on the street corner. I am not complaining... The wait time was not awful. But then again the weather was fine. If it was raining, then it would have been miserable. Hindsight I probably would have skipped the White Glove service and just walked the few blocks to pickup the car myself and then drive to the terminal to get the family. Overall it worked out well.

thanks for the info bostonsoccerdad!

Appreciate it.

Now how was the cruise?