NCL Breakaway NYC - parking

david5272

Another option if you are going up a day early is the Hilton Garden Inn in Ridgefield Park in NJ. They have a Stay, Park and Cruise package.

After calling them myself (as was suggested on the East Coast Departure Board to be 100% sure), I was assured the price the web site was giving me was inclusive for transportation to and from port for all 3 of us. I have learned to be wary from Florida hotels that have Park & Cruise packages, good for just 2 people and you have to pay for the rest!

I don't know the prices for less, but for our dates I am paying about $110 a person for the hotel stay, full service breakfast, parking for 7 days and the car service to and from port ($330ish for 3). I worked it out to I would have to find a hotel in the area for $160 or less to make Park Right worth it cost wise also.

But def head over to the East Coast Departures board here, there is a ton of good info there, even if you have to sift thru it all for the NYC specific stuff.

when we went out of NYC in January the cost was about $450 (about $40) a night. They dont take Discover. Cash Mastercard or Visa only

Nor American Express.

We wanted to pay with our AE. Told we couldn't. :eek: Lucky for us we had our Visa card with us. Phew!

$40 a day to park -crazy!!!

when we went out of NYC in January the cost was about $450 (about $40) a night. They dont take Discover. Cash Mastercard or Visa only

It's $40 but the max you will ever pay is $400 so how did you pay $450?

7 day cruise $280

10 day $400

14 day $400

I've parked there several times and they don't collect tax....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Crusin6

It's $40 but the max you will ever pay is $400 so how did you pay $450?

7 day cruise $280

10 day $400

14 day $400

I've parked there several times and they don't collect tax....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the 10 day cruise on the Gem out of NY. The cost of the cruise could have been $400. My memory is terrible. lol

We were on the 10 day cruise on the Gem out of NY. The cost of the cruise could have been $400. My memory is terrible. lol

Its not even 7 a.m. at my house and it had me looking back on my credit card statement from February to see what we were charged for parking. It was $400 for the 10 day cruise on the Gem out of NYC.

Always check the Manhattan Cruise Terminal's site -- usually they will have a coupon for parking, though the offer tends to not be available for the Breakaway:

http://www.nycruise.com/manhattan-terminal/parking/

When we cruise out of NYC, we usually take the train into the city, and cab it to the pier. If you're relatively close to NYC, check out Amtrak, or one of the other regional rail systems to get into town. Usually it's a good deal less than parking.

Last summer, there were 4 of us going on a cruise, so it was cheaper to drive and park. We chose to park at the pier; though it would have been cheaper to park elsewhere and take a shuttle, it wasn't so much cheaper as to negate the convenience factor of simply being able to walk off the ship to the car. If we were staying at a hotel in NYC, maybe it would have been a different story.

The convenience of parking right at the pier is worth every single penny.

I completely agree with you. I've parked at the pier 37 times out of 49 cruises and it is worth every cent :)...especially in the winter when I can remote start my car from my balcony before disembarkation ;).

The convenience of parking right at the pier is worth every single penny.

i try and tell that to everyone, mainly those from out of town. If you park at the pier and want to explore the city either before the cruise or after the cruise all you have to do is throw your bags in the car and you are off.

If you park off site, you have to lug your bags, take a cab etc and you do save a few bucks but not worth it.

If you live local and really don't care about seeing the city (we live an hour away so can go anytime) you can save some bucks off site but still a hassle.

We parked offsite this past October heading to Bermuda on the BA, we saved 100 bucks but it took us over 2 hours of waiting on line to get our car back from the discount garage, they has to take each car down an elevator one at a time.

Park at the pier or just take Amtrak down

Wow $40 a night to park. Crazy!. Sounds like it's cheaper to do a one way car rental each way.

This is NYC. If you stay at a hotel that actually has parking, you are looking at $50+ a night. A few hours will average around $20. And I'm guessing car rentals from NYC aren't cheap.

Try http://www.spothero.com. Looks like it's about $185/week in September for Pier 83, which is the Circle Line pier, not too far from the Breakaway. I used this a week ago for a daily spot for $30 when we went to the International Auto show at the Javits building. I was under neath and I was able to lock my my car.