NCL Breakaway NYC - parking

david5272

I think the only way to go out is to park at pier. Yes it's a little more expensive but you can beat the convenience. You don't have to walk blocks with your luggage or take a cab. And when you get off the ship you are in you car in minutes after going through customs. Isn't your time worth a little money. Go for it and park at the pier. Have fun on your cruise,(out of NY)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the only way to go out is to park at pier. Yes it's a little more expensive but you can beat the convenience. You don't have to walk blocks with your luggage or take a cab. And when you get off the ship you are in you car in minutes after going through customs. Isn't your time worth a little money. Go for it and park at the pier. Have fun on your cruise,(out of NY)

Mike (I assume that is your name based on your user name ;) ),

For the extra $80, the convenience may well be worth it. As I was standing across the street waiting for my minivan to be delivered and being "assaulted" by every taxi driver looking to pick up a fare - the thought did cross my mind more than once. Next time I may do it this way.

My wife and I used to always take a car service from Queens which ended up being around $60 or $70 each way but now that I have a 1 year old son I am going to park at the pier. Do not want the hassle of trying to lug my car seat around and install it in cab or worrying about the aggressive cab drivers with my 1 year old in the car

I used Park Right a couple of years ago, we dropped our luggage at the port and just walked to the port after leaving our car at Park Right. On return we were off early so instead of waiting we walked to the garage and waited maybe 10 minutes for our car. It's only about a 1/4 mile walk.

Why did you have to walk when you could have gone to the lot, have one of their drivers take you to the pier and handled all your suitcases?

Why did you have to walk when you could have gone to the lot' date=' have one of their drivers take you to the pier and handled all your suitcases?[/quote']

We didn't have to, we chose to because it was a nice day and it is a short walk. We dropped the bags off at the port and drove around NYC a little bit before dropping the car off.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

You may consider driving to the New York Waterway parking garage in Weehawken, NJ.

The parking is $14/day.

You can then get on the New York Waterway and head right across the river to just blocks away from the cruise terminal. The cost of the ferry across is $9.

You can take a car service located in Oceanside for $250 round trip .It is a very relaxing way to travel .They are reliable and are never late for pickups.

We also used Valet Anywhere for our cruise last month. Awesome service! They ask you to meet them across the street but when I explained that one of us had trouble walking, they came to the terminal.

Basically, they take your car away on embarkation day, park it, and bring it back when you disembark. Being able to keep in contact via cellphones is key.

Question about Valet Anywhere. Did you schedule it in advance and schedule the time they would meet you or do you call them when you get to your meeting spot? How about after debarkation? Do you have to wait a long time? Past experience - my family is cranky at that point :D and we all just want to get home! Thx!