Ticket Pending for American Airlines

Comptech

Hi,

We made our final payment a month ago, yet when I look at our airline reservations on the AA website it says Ticket Pending. It is an international trip. Should I be concerned?

Also do we have to register our passport info with the airlines before we fly? This is our first overseas travel.

Edited by Comptech

Hi,

We made our final payment a month ago, yet when I look at our airline reservations on the AA website it says Ticket Pending. It is an international trip. Should I be concerned?

Also do we have to register our passport info with the airlines before we fly? This is our first overseas travel.

If you are using Princess Ezair, from what I read Princess doesn't issue the ticket until about 45 days out from your cruise. Call Princess to check with them.

If you are using Princess Ezair, from what I read Princess doesn't issue the ticket until about 45 days out from your cruise. Call Princess to check with them.

Yes we are using EzAir. Thanks.

Ticket pending means that EZair has not yet paid for your ticket so AA can not help you with any requests till it is paid. As noted, it is not paid till 45 days out from your cruise. If you want to have it converted to a paid ticket earlier (for example to purchase main cabin extra seating or to select a preferred seat if you are elite on AA), you can call princess and they will make the payment early, but you have to fax princess a signed form that says you are authorizing early payment and understand that you will not be able to change the ticket as of the date paid.

Usually passport information and seat selection is done thru Cruise Personalizer . I've never anything thru the airline site . Princess release the tickets to the airline 45 days before the cruise.

That's what we've found also. No passport info is required. I do add our Global Entry number in the Redress box but I do that when I make the reservation.

Ticket pending means that EZair has not yet paid for your ticket so AA can not help you with any requests till it is paid. As noted, it is not paid till 45 days out from your cruise. If you want to have it converted to a paid ticket earlier (for example to purchase main cabin extra seating or to select a preferred seat if you are elite on AA), you can call princess and they will make the payment early, but you have to fax princess a signed form that says you are authorizing early payment and understand that you will not be able to change the ticket as of the date paid.

Just curious. If the EZair price becomes lower after you pay, but before EZair pays AA, can you get a refund on the difference?

no, easyboy, your ticket is purchased at that point, so no refunds. For us, since I am elite with AA and the flexible cost was very low -- we made payment early so we could get a preferred seat at the front of coach. If you are elite and select your seat through cruise personalizer, it does not recognize your status and you can only select seats open to all flyers. You also can not make any adjustments to your seating, like purchasing a main cabin extra seat, through the AA site until the flight is ticketed.

Early release of tickets doesn't apply to standard economy tickets. Premium Economy can requested for early release . The same for Business and First Class can have early release. Keep in mind that everything has to be paid.

I just did an early release on a standard economy flight on AA, so not sure that is fully accurate.

I just did an early release on a standard economy flight on AA, so not sure that is fully accurate.

Agree with you. For our flights to Australia in January we booked regular seats but faxed Princess the form for them to do early ticketing. Then we contacted Delt and changed to Delta Comfort seat. Paid for the seats at that time. I was satisfied with the EZair price so didn't mind locking in the price.

They can't do economy early release on Air Canada or Westjet according to the Air Department at Princess.

These are the two only airlines that I have at my home airport.

Edited by Kamloops50

Just curious. If the EZair price becomes lower after you pay, but before EZair pays AA, can you get a refund on the difference?

Up until 45 days prior to departure, even after final payment you can get a refund on your fare if the price goes down. Just got a refund for $863 on an upcoming flight for our Mediterranean cruise.

Edited by Murphey

It must vary by airline. When making the reservation online for EZAir, I entered my United Mileage Plus #. I immediately went to the United website, pulled up the reservation, and was able to select better seats based on my Mileage Plus level. This was prior to the reservation being ticketed. United also has my passport information as that is part of your profile, and I know that is true of American too.

Edited by azbirdmom

This is what we found recently. We called our TA last month to have them get Princess to do this. We were trying to use miles to upgrade and because it said pending the airline couldn't do it. TA said to wait 2 days and when we called back it was all fixed and we were able to upgrade.

Edited by Mary Ann 2

no, easyboy, your ticket is purchased at that point, so no refunds. For us, since I am elite with AA and the flexible cost was very low -- we made payment early so we could get a preferred seat at the front of coach. If you are elite and select your seat through cruise personalizer, it does not recognize your status and you can only select seats open to all flyers. You also can not make any adjustments to your seating, like purchasing a main cabin extra seat, through the AA site until the flight is ticketed.

thanks mina. just got confused with early payment and early ticket release.

That's what we've found also. No passport info is required. I do add our Global Entry number in the Redress box but I do that when I make the reservation.

You should be putting it in the Known Traveller Number box. A redress number is for people who have the same name as somebody who is on the No Fly list.:)

So our cruise is 44 days out as of now. Once Princess has paid the airlines, I need to contact the Airlines with our passport information etc?? Or since I have already provided that information to Princess, will they pass that along?

It must vary by airline. When making the reservation online for EZAir, I entered my United Mileage Plus #. I immediately went to the United website, pulled up the reservation, and was able to select better seats based on my Mileage Plus level. This was prior to the reservation being ticketed. United also has my passport information as that is part of your profile, and I know that is true of American too.

You are right. On delta I can modify seats directly on their website as well, but was not able to purchase the preferred seats. On aa, it shows in my profile, but can not be modified till its paid in full.

So our cruise is 44 days out as of now. Once Princess has paid the airlines, I need to contact the Airlines with our passport information etc?? Or since I have already provided that information to Princess, will they pass that along?

No -- Princess will not pass it along.

Pull up your AA Reservation and fill in the information.

Have a great Cruise.